An Avengers sequel needs a new hero... A superhero

#1 Posted by Tyrus (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

One thing that I didn't noticed while I was watching the film (I was too busy peeing my pants) was that the only powered team member there, was Thor - okay, you could say Hulk too, but I'm talking human (Yes I know Thor's a God). From what I've heard, Marvel has been all over the place on deciding which new character(s) should be placed in an Avengers sequel - one that has been rumored - Ant-Man, I'm generally okay with - because a sequel for one reason will no doubt have at least one new addition to the team or else we'll be seeing the first Avengers movie all over again, but like I said, I'd like to see a REAL powered hero, such as Dr Strange, Iron Fist and even Vision for crying out loud...

#2 Posted by mavfan626 (4118 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I really doubt that we'll see Strange, IF, or Vision but if Ant-Man in then we could see Wasp. I think there might be a chance that Ms Marvel could appear.

#3 Edited by Tyrus (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@mavfan626: Ms Marvel! Right, forgot to mention her - she's on the top of my list, and you're right, if we see Ant-Man then we could see Wasp - but she'd be a hard character to pull off so they might go with a human Janet instead, just in case they don't mess an Ant-Man solo film up like Green Lantern.

#4 Posted by Superguy0009e (2258 posts) - - Show Bio

They heavily based this movie off of the Ultimates, so in the beginning, there aren't really "super" heroes

#5 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to see quicksilver but there just had to be a legal issue.

#6 Posted by _Zombie_ (10225 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange is more than likely getting his own movie, so there's a chance he'll be on the team, or at least in the movie. Vision is very doubtful, and it's way too early to put IF in.

#7 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see Luke or Carol.

#8 Edited by MzombieX (975 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see Ant-Man and Wasp included, which could pave the way for an Ultron appearence and then in turn ... lead to the Vision being introduced. 

They could set it up to have Pym working on his particle experiment and a new weapon for S.H.I.E.L.D. in the form of Ultron. We would instantly have the inclusion of these two classic heroes missing from the original team, a lethal new villian, and then a way to lead into the Ultron created Vision - sent to infiltrate Stark Tower/SHIELD HQ/Avengers Mansion and eliminate them. Of course Vision would ultimately switch sides and help the Avengers destroy the Ultron threat. Ultron could be a global threat if they showcase him tapping into weapon systems on a world wide scale and have him exterminate a small country in the process just to show he means business. 

I know Thanos seems to be hinted at for an Avengers II sequel. Yet if they went ahead with the Ant-Man movie idea that was scrapped, when they were deciding the roster for The Avengers movie awhile back, they could use that film to introduce the audience to Pym & Janet ... and release that movie in between. This would give room to introduce the audience to these characters, while showing Ultron being created as a lead in for things to come. Then they could bring it all together for what could be a third installment in an Avengers trilogy.  

#9 Posted by jhazzroucher (13929 posts) - - Show Bio

I want this team!

#10 Posted by Powerzone789 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

there are already talks of them putting the andrew garfield spiderman in the next movie, as for dr.strange, i doubt it, his movie is being entirely done by disney and is gonna be in CGI, Antman's a possibility...i'm quite skeptical about that one though

#11 Posted by Strider92 (15247 posts) - - Show Bio

@Powerzone789: Yeah I heard about this. Apparently the studio gave Garfield a ton of comics featuring Thanos and the Avengers to read O.O.

Not sure how i'd feel if he was in it. On the up side Stark+Parker= Amazing banter. On the down side I hate that Spider-man is in the Avengers in the comics so I don't know how i'd feel about it on the big screen.

#12 Posted by Tyrus (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Yeah, and to cover up they said that Andrew's "a big comic book reader so there's no point in over-exaggerating" - I knew that, but it just so seemed that he was picking up THOSE particular comics...

#13 Posted by Strider92 (15247 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tyrus: Yeah if one or two of them had been Thanos/Avengers related i'd have passed it off as just him doing what we comic lovers do best but ALL of them where about Thanos/Avengers and for someone playing Spider-man I would have thought he'd be brushing up on that material more than the Avengers. Also the fact one of the them was "Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet" (which surprise surprise Spider-man is in) they may just be trying to throw us off.

Guess its possible it could just be a coincidence but if it is then its quite big one!

#14 Posted by Tyrus (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: It's good to see Andrew doin' his homework anyways - after all he's said he reads Spider-Man most in particular...

#15 Posted by HammerTron (427 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see Ant-Man, Wasp, Giant Man, Vision, She-Hulk, Namor, Swordsman, Black Knight, Tigra, Moon Knight, or Hercules be introduced as a new heroic addition to the team.

#16 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Strange is more than likely getting his own movie, so there's a chance he'll be on the team, or at least in the movie. Vision is very doubtful, and it's way too early to put IF in.

Stan Lee leaked (said at SDCC) that Strange, Black Panther, and Inhumans all have movies in the works.

I want to see Ant-Man, Wasp, and Vision in Avengers 2.

#17 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie was fine the way it was..If you start making the roster too big it will do more harm than good. We'd all love to see a 4 hour movie so that they could fit everything in but it's just not going to happen.

#18 Posted by TheCannon (16056 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

I want this team!

You only want it because Storm is on it.

#19 Posted by jhazzroucher (13929 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@jhazzroucher said:

I want this team!

rofl! Well yeah but not only that. They are the Big 7 of Marvel Comics! : )

#20 Posted by TheCannon (16056 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@TheCannon said:

@jhazzroucher said:

I want this team!

I wouldn't consider Storm in the Big 7.

#21 Posted by jhazzroucher (13929 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@TheCannon said:

@jhazzroucher said:

I want this team!

I wouldn't consider Storm in the Big 7.

it's ok. : )

#22 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tyrus: im okay with ant-man if ultron is the villain otherwise no . and yes vision makes sense and want him there but dont neccesarily need pym. the jarvis A.I. can inhabit a iron man suit and be upgraded (since vision in comics was a upgraded body of original human torch it makes sense)i feel everyone else would need a back story / solo movie .anyone good anyways.

#23 Posted by Bo88gdan (4374 posts) - - Show Bio

Giant Man and Wasp !

#24 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

The sequel doesn't need Ant-Man!

That's for sure!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.