All-star Avengers Popularity Contest

• 72 results
Edited 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: All-star Avengers Popularity Contest (90 votes)

Captain America 48%
Ironman 39%
Thor 49%
Wasp 26%
Hank Pym 26%
the Hulk 33%
Hawkeye 33%
Scarlet Witch 23%
Quicksilver 12%
Hercules 17%
Black Panther 28%
Black Widow 11%
Wonderman 16%
Vision 23%
Beast 13%
Captain(Ms.) Marvel 29%
the Falcon 11%
Photon 13%
She-Hulk 21%
Namor 9%
Mockingbird 4%
Justice 3%
Firestar 7%
Spiderman 36%
Spiderwoman 20%
Powerman 10%
Wolverine 17%
Dr.Strange 16%
Iron Fist 18%
Jessica Jones 8%
Daredevil 13%
Valkyre 10%
Hyperion 12%
Shang Chi 7%
Sunspot 4%
Cannonball 7%
Havoc 7%
Rogue 12%
Sunfire 6%
#1 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so I just realized that you can make a poll that gives people multiple votes.

VOTE FOR EVERYONE YOU LIKE ON THE AVENGERS!!

So my idea is to try and see who you guys would most want to see on the Avengers, and then see what kind of team we come up with, based on the popularity of the individual members.

I'm also interested in seeing how big (as in how many members) you guys think the team should be, so please leave thoughts on that, too!

#2 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap has to be on the team, it just would feel...dirty without him. Thor I also enjoy on teams. Spidey, whether Amazing or Superior, I love the guy. She-Hulk, need someone who isn't A list that I love. And Namor, but you need someone with his attitude on every team.

I'm good with 5 member team, but hey, if they want everyone to be an Avenger, I wouldn't hate it.

#3 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

@fenixrevolution said:

Cap has to be on the team, it just would feel...dirty without him. Thor I also enjoy on teams. Spidey, whether Amazing or Superior, I love the guy. She-Hulk, need someone who isn't A list that I love. And Namor, but you need someone with his attitude on every team.

I'm good with 5 member team, but hey, if they want everyone to be an Avenger, I wouldn't hate it.

I think of all of these characters as Avengers, whether they're on a team or not, so I'm curious to see what other people think. I'm actually pleasantly surprised with how well Thor is doing in this.

5, eh? well, the top 5 as of now are:

..Thor, with these other 5 characters tied for second. For such a small team, you could do a lot worse.

I think your team sounds more interesting though.

Now, if the team were ten members, we'd have those guys, plus:

and Woderman. But not many people have voted yet (8), so that could still change drastically..

#4 Posted by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted for Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Black Panther.

#5 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

update.. with 11 voters we got Hawkeye in the top ten (which is now a top 9)..

(because these guys were all tied for 10th place. but that's a pretty good cast of reserves to rotate through.. or that any of them are one away from the top 10. yeah, I'm going with ten)

#6 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2140 posts) - - Show Bio

Great idea for a poll

#7 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

Great idea for a poll

thanks! I was surprised to see that I could make one where everyone got so many options.

who'd you vote for?

#8 Posted by Tohoma (1402 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony Stark ftw!

#9 Edited by PowerHerc (82744 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules.

#10 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: I'm glad I'm not the only one who voted for Hercules!

#11 Posted by Teerack (5740 posts) - - Show Bio

You missed some D: Moon Knight, Tigra, Red Hulk, Nova, Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Captain Britain, Sentry, SpeedBall, Echo, Jocasta, Ares, Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady), Venom, Protector, Quake, Storm, and Smasher. (Ones I would have voted for are bold and underlined)

Hercules should be in as many comics are Wolverine because he's the best comic character ever.

#12 Posted by HumanRocket (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

7 roster sized team with Cap Namor and Ms. Marvel as the big 3 with CannonBall Daredevil Hank Pym and Iron Fist rounding up the team. Would have liked to seen Moon Knight Nova and Quake up in the poll but ill take what I can get :)

#13 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Hulk, Captain America, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Ant-Man/Giant-Man, Wolverine, Beast and Hercules.

I love Daredevil, Spidey and Namor a ton too, but I didn't like them as Avengers. All three are better off alone, Black Widow too I like her as a character but not an Avenger.

#14 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

R u gonna do one for the Justice League?? If you don't I will ;)

#15 Posted by PowerHerc (82744 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2140 posts) - - Show Bio

Vision

#17 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

You missed some D: Moon Knight, Tigra, Red Hulk, Nova, Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Captain Britain, Sentry, SpeedBall, Echo, Jocasta, Ares, Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady), Venom, Protector, Quake, Storm, and Smasher. (Ones I would have voted for are bold and underlined)

Hercules should be in as many comics are Wolverine because he's the best comic character ever.

I knew that I missed some (although I didn't realize I had missed so many, actually, although it seems you missed some too), but I hadn't tried this before, and I thought having as many choices as I had was already a little overwhelming. Some characters who weren't Avengers very long (like Storm or Quake) I just figured wouldn't get as many votes anyway. I did remember Smasher, but given that she's only had a speaking role in one issue so far, she didn't make the cut.

That said, if someone made a more thorough version of this type of poll, I'd be just as interested in participating. Then I could vote for Songbird and Moondragon! and Hercules again!!!

@humanrocket said:

7 roster sized team with Cap Namor and Ms. Marvel as the big 3 with CannonBall Daredevil Hank Pym and Iron Fist rounding up the team. Would have liked to seen Moon Knight Nova and Quake up in the poll but ill take what I can get :)

So, would you think 7 was the best size for a team if it meant some of your favorites didn't make the cut?

@jj62 said:

I love Daredevil, Spidey and Namor a ton too, but I didn't like them as Avengers. All three are better off alone, Black Widow too I like her as a character but not an Avenger.

yeah, I voted for Spiderman, but not those others, for the same reasons. I love all those characters, and I love seeing them interact with the Avengers, but they don't seem to fit as oficial/public members of the team.

@jj62 said:

R u gonna do one for the Justice League?? If you don't I will ;)

I hadn't thought about it, but you should! I'd definitely participate in that!

#18 Edited by HumanRocket (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler

Ummm Nova and Moonkight weren't listed on the poll so didn't add them to my team if they were I would have but like I said I take what I can get :)

#19 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

UPDATE: now with 29 voters, our top ten is looking a little more solid. Early favorites Wonderman and Scarlet Witch have been edged out, the big three have still retained their title (with Thor dominating this thing and Cap' and Ironman still neck and neck), followed by Hulk, then Hawkeye, with Spiderman and Captain Marvel tied for 5th place.

..so, for a traditional 7 member team, that's what we'd get. But, rounding out our top ten we have the Black Panther and Hank Pym tied for 6th place, with Shulkie and Wasp tied for 7th place, making our top ten actually 11.

Due to you guys' comments, I am a bit curious how these votes would have been effected by the inclusion of newer and/or more obscure characters; but, given who's been most consistently in the top ten, I can't see that it would've made any real impact at this point.

Initially, the results were really surprising (with only Wonderman and Hyperion(!?) on an otherwise all-female team), but since I've been doing the updates, it's certainly leveled off with a more traditional boys-club style team (of which She-Hulk would be the newest member, and she first appeared 33 years ago, making her the only one in the top ten created past the 70's!).

Do please vote if you haven't, though, as I plan to update this again when/if I get 50 voters. And, of course, I'm still interested in any comments about this poll and the size/structure of an Avengers team it could represent.

oh, and thanks to everyone who's voted already!

#20 Posted by Hel (487 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Oh no I missed to press the Hercules button.. Count him in for me ;)

#21 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Had to pass on Havoc and Rogue even though I like those characters. I just seriously dislike them in the Uncanny Avengers book. I'm starting to really not like Wasp in that book too.

#22 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

@hel said:

@oldnightcrawler: Oh no I missed to press the Hercules button.. Count him in for me ;)

oh, nuts. well, that still wouldn't put him in the top ten right now, but I'll count it for my next update.

So glad to all the Hercu-love coming out for this..

#23 Posted by Hel (487 posts) - - Show Bio

;)

#24 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna give this one bump, since I'm sure there's more than 34 Avengers fans floating around here.

#25 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

seriously? only 38 Avengers fans on Comic Vine?

#26 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so I just realized that you can make a poll that gives people multiple votes.

VOTE FOR EVERYONE YOU LIKE ON THE AVENGERS!!

So my idea is to try and see who you guys would most want to see on the Avengers, and then see what kind of team we come up with, based on the popularity of the individual members.

I'm also interested in seeing how big (as in how many members) you guys think the team should be, so please leave thoughts on that, too!

Darn it! I should've read this before my vote!!!!! I didn't know I could do multiple choices and only picked one, who it is should be fairly obvious. LOL

Anyhow, my votes go for Captain America, Thor, Ironman, Wasp, Giant Man, Hulk, Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Black Panther, Black Widow, Photon.

I went with a twelve man team so if they need to they can split into 2 teams of 6, much like the U.S. Army Special Forces (Green Berets), and also a good mix to handle most threats not just one team for each specific threat.

I think the make up would/could be as such

Captain America - team leader/strategy

Thor - powerhouse/versatility

Ironman - powerhouse/resources

Wasp - recon/leader

Giant Man - powerhouse/scientific research

Hulk - powerhouse/wild card

Hawkeye - range/versatility

Captain Marvel - powerhouse/leader

Scarlet Witch - magic/versatility

Black Panther - stealth/resources

Black Widow - recon/stealth

Photon - recon/power

Captain America would be the team leader, with characters such as Wasp or Captain Marvel being co-leader as the situation demands should they need to split up into teams of six or four. Black Panther and Ironman would utilize their resources (as well as their other abilities) depending on the threat. Photon I think would be a great choice for recon seeing as how she can become light and travel super fast, Wasp too since she can shrink and not really be noticeable but more for confined spaces such as a Hydra base or something of that nature. Scarlet Witch for any magic related situations (I know Dr. Strange would be a better choice, but honestly I'm not to big on him so I picked her). Thor and Hulk for muscle pure and simple. Hawkeye for his versatility, due to his arrows, he'd be a good choice for pretty much anything from street level threats to even some high-level threats. Giant Man for his scientific genius.

I might even do like a few reserve members for galaxy level threats or threats that they have little experience in. But I would like these 12 as the main team and the main roster.

#27 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

seriously? only 38 Avengers fans on Comic Vine?

I make 39!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#28 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: well, it's 39 now. :)

Yeah, once I had put all of the options down, it wouldn't let me write a description for some reason, so I made that the first comment. I dunno why that happened, sorry.

But I definitely will count your written in votes, if you tell me who you spent your one vote on (so it doesn't get counted twice).

I like the idea of a 12 member team, also, for pretty much the reasons you said (like if some members aren't available, or they need to split up); also glad to see Photon getting some love in this thing.

#29 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

@tg1982: well, it's 39 now. :)

Yeah, once I had put all of the options down, it wouldn't let me write a description for some reason, so I made that the first comment. I dunno why that happened, sorry.

But I definitely will count your written in votes, if you tell me who you spent your one vote on (so it doesn't get counted twice).

I like the idea of a 12 member team, also, for pretty much the reasons you said (like if some members aren't available, or they need to split up); also glad to see Photon getting some love in this thing.

No worries.

Captain America was my actual vote. So don't count him twice.

And yeah I figured a 12 man team is good do to it's versatility, in breaking down the team if the crisis demands it. One twelve man team, two six man teams, three four man teams, four three man teams, you get the idea. LOL.

I liked Photon ever since Avengers: Under Siege by Stern. I don't get this "Nextwave only" excuse for not putting her on an Avengers team, but at least she's in Captain Marvel's solo sometimes.

#30 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

Captain America was my actual vote. So don't count him twice.

And yeah I figured a 12 man team is good do to it's versatility, in breaking down the team if the crisis demands it. One twelve man team, two six man teams, three four man teams, four three man teams, you get the idea. LOL.

I liked Photon ever since Avengers: Under Siege by Stern. I don't get this "Nextwave only" excuse for not putting her on an Avengers team, but at least she's in Captain Marvel's solo sometimes.

Yeah, it's a pretty weak excuse in my mind, too. I think it would be cool if she were a more regular character in Captain Marvel. Hawkeye's book consistently has two Hawkeyes in it (Clint and Kate), so I don't see why Captain Marvel's couldn't have two Captain Marvels.

anyway, so, yeah, I'll scratch Cap' off your written ballot then. Thanks!

#31 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it's a pretty weak excuse in my mind, too. I think it would be cool if she were a more regular character in Captain Marvel. Hawkeye's book consistently has two Hawkeyes in it (Clint and Kate), so I don't see why Captain Marvel's couldn't have two Captain Marvels.

anyway, so, yeah, I'll scratch Cap' off your written ballot then. Thanks!

I never thought of that!! The book could be called Captain Marvels!!!! LOL

I would actually like to see Photon in Uncanny Avengers, not for nothing, but there isn't a whole lot of racial diversification in the book right now, the only non-white is Sunfire. I know Remender wanted Storm but the powers that be denied him.

And Thanks!!!!

#32 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

I would actually like to see Photon in Uncanny Avengers, not for nothing, but there isn't a whole lot of racial diversification in the book right now, the only non-white is Sunfire. I know Remender wanted Storm but the powers that be denied him.

And Thanks!!!!

no worries.

Storm would've been cool, but She's already leading the school, helping Psylocke with X-force, and will soon be leading the X-men again (Finally!!), so I don't mind. Sunspot might have been cool, though, since he's supposed to be on the Avengers now anyway..

#33 Posted by Thunderscream (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

I really kinda love Firestar as an Avenger. I know there are the iconic mainstays...but if I could assemble a team:

Captain America
Falcon
She-Hulk
Spider-Man
Wonder Man
Beast
Firestar

#34 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

no worries.

Storm would've been cool, but She's already leading the school, helping Psylocke with X-force, and will soon be leading the X-men again (Finally!!), so I don't mind. Sunspot might have been cool, though, since he's supposed to be on the Avengers now anyway..

I think Sunspot would be a good choice too.

#35 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

I really kinda love Firestar as an Avenger. I know there are the iconic mainstays...but if I could assemble a team:

Captain America

Falcon

She-Hulk

Spider-Man

Wonder Man

Beast

Firestar

I'm not gonna lie; I was, not surprised but, a little disappointed how few people voted for Falcon and the Beast.

#38 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, so with 51 voters, we've seen a few turn arounds:

Spider-man is now tied for 3rd place with Iron-man (behind Thor and Cap'), with Hulk and Hawkeye still tied for 4th, Captain Marvel and Hank Pym now tied for 5th, and Spider-woman makes her way into the top ten (11) with as many votes as Wasp and Black Panther.

so, that's the current top 10, with She-Hulk and the Wolverine tied for 7th place.

#39 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6236 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: yeah, when I was adding it up, it mostly seemed pretty obvious who was going to win. It took longer for Spidey and Spiderwoman to get their votes, but the big thing that surprised me was how consistently high the Hulk was voted. Not because I don't think of him as one of the greats, but he's actually spent very little time as an Avenger compared to a lot of characters.

So who did you vote for?

#41 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6236 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Yeah, maybe people just voted him up on his own merits, rather than as an Avenger.

Carol Danvers, Hank Pym, Spider-Woman, Wasp, She-Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man, Monica Rambeau and The Vision.

Everyone in this picture. :)

#42 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6236 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Thanks. Glad you like it. :)

I'm getting back to drawing tomorrow, would you like any characters drawn in Powerpuff style?

#44 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler:

Thanks. Glad you like it. :)

I'm getting back to drawing tomorrow, would you like any characters drawn in Powerpuff style?

yes.

#45 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6236 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6236 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by PowerHerc (82744 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#49 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

oh, this is back? Quick! Everyone vote for Hercules!!

#50 Edited by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: this was fun. Hulk, Black Panther, Quicksilver, Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, Iron Fist. Leaders would be Black Panter and Dr. Strange.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.