Who dies in AvX? (based on a pool a friend and I created)

#1 Posted by sadlyihavetodothis (13 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by McUnicorn (10 posts) - - Show Bio

why can't they just get along!!!

#3 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

No one.

#4 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8070 posts) - - Show Bio

For me its Tie Between Iron Fist, Red Hulk, Gambit, and Beast. The rest of the characters are fulfilling important roles or have there own comics. And its been shown that Red Hulk, Gambit and Wolverine might die soon

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly?

Cyclops.

Marvel's events usually kill off someone. And Cyke isn't looking good so far.

#6 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

So damn obviously the Protector. When he suddenly steps up to be part of the A-Team in AvX #1 it couldn't be more transparent they're setting him up to fall.

#7 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11376 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Honestly?

Cyclops.

#8 Posted by TDK_1997 (14704 posts) - - Show Bio

The Marvel events always kill somebody and this time it will be a major character or a one that has to be but isn't.

Cyclops or the Protector.

#9 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

So damn obviously the Protector. When he suddenly steps up to be part of the A-Team in AvX #1 it couldn't be more transparent they're setting him up to fall.

#10 Posted by CapFanboy (4906 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

'seither him or Cyke

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33062 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

No one.

It's confirmed that one of the Avengers will die

#12 Posted by Strider92 (16290 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Cyclops but this isn't what I think, its what I want!!!!!

#13 Edited by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly? Iron Fist. He's being built up to have some connection to the Phoenix Force, and appears to be acting as a mentor/protector for Hope in the previews. I think he will sacrifice himself to save her, and his death is what will be the deciding factor for the Avengers that are on the fence about who to side with. The Dark Avengers are replacing the Thunderbolts, and Luke Cage is being billed as their leader. Could the death of his best friend cause Cage to turn his back on Cap and the mainstream Avengers? We'll see.

It actually surprises me that so many people think Cyclops will die. As a big Cyclops fan, I'm used to people ragging on him (and honestly, it's usually for very idiotic reasons), but I don't think Marvel is going to kill off the leading character of a series that has just started (the new Uncanny X-Men). Especially when the entire basis for the series revolves around Cyclops' Extinction Team and his goals for it, we've barely seen anything from them (two completed arcs, and one more before AvX).

#14 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

No one.

It's confirmed that one of the Avengers will die

It has? Oh well.

Then again, Bucky and Thor did die in Fear Itself too.

#15 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

I'm so happy you like Noh. Someone to feel my pain.

#16 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

Fraction

jk ;p

#17 Posted by moordeend (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: cyclops will kick your butt

#18 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@X35 said:

I'm so happy you like Noh. Someone to feel my pain.

We can both act just like the emo kid that Bendis writes him as when he predictably dies. </3

#19 Posted by Strider92 (16290 posts) - - Show Bio

@moordeend said:

@Strider92: cyclops will kick your butt

He'd try but he'd probably rage quit before he even started.

#20 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9004 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Cyclops could be the most interesting to see die

#21 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly?? Hope's not on this list!

#22 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

I definitely agree that Hope might die since she's the one who is meant to be the Phoenix and we saw what happened to Jean Grey when she possessed the Phoenix Force.  As to who will die on this list, I would probably say Cyclops, even though he's big right now, since the direction that Marvel is taking him suggests that he will die.
#23 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

I definitely agree that Hope might die since she's the one who is meant to be the Phoenix and we saw what happened to Jean Grey when she possessed the Phoenix Force. As to who will die on this list, I would probably say Cyclops, even though he's big right now, since the direction that Marvel is taking him suggests that he will die.

I'm picturing that Hope will absorb the Phoenix and try to control it, fulfilling her Messiah duties, she decides to kill it so it will never harm anyone else and she dies with it!! Before it kills Cyclops of course!! So I really want Hope, Cyclops, and the Phoenix to die in this event!! Anybody else is just collateral!!

#24 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

I definitely agree that Hope might die since she's the one who is meant to be the Phoenix and we saw what happened to Jean Grey when she possessed the Phoenix Force. As to who will die on this list, I would probably say Cyclops, even though he's big right now, since the direction that Marvel is taking him suggests that he will die.

I'm picturing that Hope will absorb the Phoenix and try to control it, fulfilling her Messiah duties, she decides to kill it so it will never harm anyone else and she dies with it!! Before it kills Cyclops of course!! So I really want Hope, Cyclops, and the Phoenix to die in this event!! Anybody else is just collateral!!

Yeah, I think that it would make more sense if Hope dies since this event seems to revolve around her.
#25 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

Yeah, I think that it would make more sense if Hope dies since this event seems to revolve around her.

I wouldn't shed one tear or have any concern over her death!!

#26 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

I wouldn't shed one tear or have any concern over her death!!

Me neither.
#27 Posted by War Killer (20138 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing as Marvel's running trend lately is to kill someone off in every event, I'd say Cyclops is the first to come to mind.

#28 Posted by bladewolf (730 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm guessing Protector, since I've never heard of him/her.

#29 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- What dies is the readers last hopes that Marvel will ever have an event worth the effort barring major changes in the braintrust

#30 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

ironfist would shock me if he died. i wouldn't expect it.

#31 Posted by God_Spawn (37718 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Honestly? Iron Fist. He's being built up to have some connection to the Phoenix Force, and appears to be acting as a mentor/protector for Hope in the previews. I think he will sacrifice himself to save her, and his death is what will be the deciding factor for the Avengers that are on the fence about who to side with. The Dark Avengers are replacing the Thunderbolts, and Luke Cage is being billed as their leader. Could the death of his best friend cause Cage to turn his back on Cap and the mainstream Avengers? We'll see.

It actually surprises me that so many people think Cyclops will die. As a big Cyclops fan, I'm used to people ragging on him (and honestly, it's usually for very idiotic reasons), but I don't think Marvel is going to kill off the leading character of a series that has just started (the new Uncanny X-Men). Especially when the entire basis for the series revolves around Cyclops' Extinction Team and his goals for it, we've barely seen anything from them (two completed arcs, and one more before AvX).

This or Protector.

#32 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

I agree.

#33 Posted by darklight78 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

For me Strange. and they can see this doctor fighting for come back in the underworld

#34 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7738 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Honestly?

Cyclops.

This....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.