Follow

Avengers vs. X-Men

Story arc »

Marvel Comics' 2012 event. As a repercussion from the events that took place in The Children's Crusade, Fear Itself, Schism, and X-Sanction, the Avengers and X-Men go to war over the return of the Phoenix Force.

what do u think will happen to the X-men who where defeated by the Avengers

illegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By illegal

In AVX #4 Cap defeated Warpath and Gambit(how he did still a mystery to me) what do think will happen to 'em and the other X-men defeated by the Avengers

Purgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Purgy

@illegal said:

In AVX #4 Cap defeated Warpath and Gambit(how he did still a mystery to me) what do think will happen to 'em and the other X-men defeated by the Avengers

Just going to have to keep reading it, but still that was a PIS moment

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Nothing, I don't think they will have it held against them, you win some, you lose some, but you live, you live to be in another crappy event some day.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Redberry

I'm still pissed that Magneto lost against Ironman. I'm a bit biased toward Magneto because he's awesome. :p

Anyway, I doubt anything would happen to the losers. Both teams go easy on each other. Magik could have killed or just trapped Dr. Strange in her realm, but she didn't. How Magik can beat a being who fought a pissed-of Wanda and cosmic beings is nothing less of a headscratcher.

Purgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Purgy

@Redberry said:

I'm still pissed that Magneto lost against Ironman. I'm a bit biased toward Magneto because he's awesome. :p

Anyway, I doubt anything would happen to the losers. Both teams go each on each other. Magik could have killed or just trapped Dr. Strange in her realm, but she didn't. How Magik can beat a being who fought a pissed-of Wanda and cosmic beings is nothing less of a headscratcher.

Pretty much PIS for the most part!

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By PowerHerc

In the end there will be no permanent consequences from this event, just like all the others.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By nickthedevil

@Redberry said:

Anyway, I doubt anything would happen to the losers. Both teams go easy on each other. Magik could have killed or just trapped Dr. Strange in her realm, but she didn't. How Magik can beat a being who fought a pissed-of Wanda and cosmic beings is nothing less of a headscratcher.

LOL

then it looks like PIS is playing both sides of the field here.

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@Redberry: WTF!!!! magneto lost against a man in a metal suit hmm go figure huh?

now that is just stupid

Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

@Redberry: WTF!!!! magneto lost against a man in a metal suit hmm go figure huh?

now that is just stupid

I haven't read it yet, but Iron Man may have had counter measures to counter act Magneto's magnetism abilities, its is a one of the biggest and most powerful forces in physics, so, with it not being a magical power or something I'm sure there is a way he could scientifically negate, but I really don't know.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@Uno_Oscuro: thnx for telling me now im less confused and mad :)

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Enosisik

They will be imprisioned in an underground mutant prison that Cyclop's had built under the school. Xavier and Beast will then use those prisoners for their experiments which will create about 100 new D-list mutants which will be added to the 50 or so X-teams in existence. Next year there will be "The biggest event in marvel history" (this year)... With that start of X-men vs the Fantastic Four. They will be fighting over what to do with "the most powerful mutant in marvel history" (this year).... The 100 new D-list mutants created during the experiments will be killed off and the X-men will notice their absence and feel great remorse for about two pages before never mentioning the fallen heroes ever again...... UNTIL!... 2014 when Marvel has it's "Biggest event in Marvel History" (that year) with the start of X-men vs a group of random characters who have no reason to be in a team togeather.. They will be fighting over what to do with "the most powerful mutant in marvel history" (from the past!) X-men will win this battle BUT at the end of the event "the most powerful mutant in marvel history" (From SPACE!!) will invade earth! The X-men then will be forced to team up with their former foes and "the most powerful retconned mutants in marvel history" (that year) to defeat the threat. After that the X-men will see how pointless it all is because there will always be a new "most powerful mutant in history of pre-retcon" to battle against them and they will disband. Beast,Rogue,Collossus,Storm,Angel and Iceman will join the Avengers. Wolverine,Gambit,and Cable will start their own teams filled with former X-Force members. Prof-X and Emma Frost will become late night infomercial psychics. The rest will disappear without a trace only returning for the next "biggest event in marvel history" (that year) or as one shot villains to job out to Wolverine's team.

Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

@Uno_Oscuro: thnx for telling me now im less confused and mad :)

Np, like I said though, I didn't read it, its just speculation.

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

@nickthedevil said:

@Redberry said:

LOL

then it looks like PIS is playing both sides of the field here.

My thoughts exact.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pooty

@Purgy: @illegal: what was PIS about cap beating gambit or Warpath?

@oviouslyjeangrey: @Uno_Oscuro: Iron Man is still called Iron Man because that was his original name. His suit is not made of iron anymore. it's made of non-ferrous metal. Sorry, i'm not smart enough to explain what that is.

Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

@pooty: Ahh, alright thank you sir. I don't read Iron Man, dislike the character, but I am glad I know.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

makes sense

Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

@joncant said:

@Uno_Oscuro said:

@pooty: Ahh, alright thank you sir. I don't read Iron Man, dislike the character, but I am glad I know.

I too duna like read Iron Man.

Ummmm, I'm assuming you were saying you don't like to read Iron Man, lol, no offense. Yeah, I find hima D-bag.

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Enosisik

@Purgy: @illegal: what was PIS about cap beating gambit or Warpath?" Warpath runs 100 miles per hour, is super strong , can fly, has been trained in military and by Cable. Pretty sure he has enhanced reflexes and senses also. Cap's a great fighter an all but one good shot from Warpath should end it.

P0wer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By P0wer

when did the x-men get beaten by the avengers? Aint heard that one before.

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Enosisik

@P0wer. It's a current event...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Saren

They're given to Hawkeye for target practice.

illegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By illegal

@pooty: Warpath ain't a lightweight,Cap takes him out survives a full blown explosion and takes Gambit out with just 1 punch really?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pooty

@illegal: Honestly that is typical Cap. He has consistently taken out stronger opponents. He has survived multiple explosions and Gambit durability is human. If you're saying he shouldn't be able to do those things at all that is one thing. But these feats don't go against his common showings.

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Enosisik

Yeah,Cap is just the Batman of Marvel. I've never read a book with him losing a H2H fight. This is a guy who takes on Hulk and Spider-man and either wins or fights to a stand still. Oh he lost to Iron-man but the was part of the main plot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.