Tangential question about AvX...

#1 Posted by Danial79 (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Avengers and X-Men are busy fighting each other, who's keeping all the villains in check? Surely they'd seize the opportunity and be running rampant. Has this been addressed? I've been reading most of the tie-ins and don't remember anything being said about it.

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

If the event was being written well, it would be addressed.

Unfortunately...

#3 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (4509 posts) - - Show Bio

Big Events are never ever truly logical..just about making money...which sadly I'm ashamed of spending. Shadowland, Seige, Fear Itself..I have em. Or issues from most of those. lol

#4 Posted by Daycrawler (550 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess the villains are slow on the uptake! The event has only been a couple of days in the MU though. Plus Mr Sinister is about to take advantage of the situation in next months Uncanny X-Men.

#5 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

Your question certainly makes sense, but the event was ridiculously badly written, that's all.

Had the writer had a little bit of imagination about this event that started on the worst of feet, he would have nonetheless found it an opportunity to get some important villains involved. The most greedy of them could have offered to support one side or the other in exchange for partial redemption.

#6 Posted by Danial79 (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess it could make for some interesting follow-up stories. Avengers return home, only to find ________ has taken the city hostage, kind of thing.

#7 Posted by Icarusflies (12246 posts) - - Show Bio

Strangely the Deadpool series has addressed this....kinda.

#8 Posted by Dernman (13991 posts) - - Show Bio

In story how many days has it been? One and a half? That's not that long.

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure Punisher is more than happy to offer a solution to this issue

#10 Posted by Danial79 (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

In story how many days has it been? One and a half? That's not that long.

For an opportunistic villain it would be plenty of time :)

#11 Posted by Danial79 (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

Strangely the Deadpool series has addressed this....kinda.

What did they say about it?

#12 Posted by Icarusflies (12246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79:

Basically that they're keeping a low profile so that the heroes don't use the villain attack as a reason to re-unite.

Uh...I believe these were some pretty C-list villlains (Modok, Trapster, etc), but still.

#13 Posted by cattlebattle (12275 posts) - - Show Bio

The poilce are doing their job presumably

#14 Posted by MadRooster81 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

It hasn't been too long of time yet. but I feel someone will capitalize very soon. What get's me is how some comics are ignoring the entire event like "The Amazing Spider-Man". I mean Spidey is currently battling the Avengers in South America right now and according to a recent issue, FF and the X-men are MIA and not able to help.

#15 Edited by Dernman (13991 posts) - - Show Bio

They are currently involved in their own crossover MvW.  Mad Scientists vs World Conquerors.

#16 Posted by Danial79 (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjbostick81 said:

... according to a recent issue, FF and the X-men are MIA and not able to help.

That had me scratching my head as well. He said they were "off-planet". Not to mention the fact that the Avengers were helping him fight the Sinister Six.

#17 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman:

@Danial79:

It`s all that crazy continuity. The folks at Marvel always put some series storyarcs happen before, after or during an event like this. But then again, you both probably knew it already, and I wrote this for nothing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.