Follow

Avengers vs. X-Men

Story arc »

Marvel Comics' 2012 event. As a repercussion from the events that took place in The Children's Crusade, Fear Itself, Schism, and X-Sanction, the Avengers and X-Men go to war over the return of the Phoenix Force.

So the moral of AvsX is the avengers are all blood thirsty idiots

Avatar image for why_you_mad_tho
    why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By why_you_mad_tho

At least that's what im getting out of this dreadfully awful event. Every single aspect of this crossover has been horrendous. Characters are acting out of character..Continuity issues....the pacing feels off..The winners of some of the fights make zero sense...and just a general lack of rational and or logical thinking from the avengers. They just come off as warmongering, naive, infantile, egotistical, hypocritical idiots.  I cant believe how terrible the writing is.  

For example..Scott and the mutants end war...famine..hunger..and bring people unlimited clean sustainable energy. No one's free will is taken..they aren't asking to be worshiped as Gods.... Nothing. Captain America's  retaliation to Utopia on earth...is to create plans to murder the x-men...and then the avengers invade their home..attack  children ...kidnap their  messiah ..and then go SEE I KNEW THEY WERE EVIL when the xmen decide to retaliate? The best part is that upon hearing the  avengers plan to attack and possibly kill x men members..beast leaves the team disgusted with the avengers. But for some odd reason hes inexplicably back on the team helping the avengers fight the X-men..knowing full well what they are planning......what!!? 

Then over at Avengers Academy...sigh..let me start off by saying I dislike Christos Gage. I think hes a terrible...TERRIBLE "writer". I quit reading Legacy because of him and his crappy Rogue fanfic. So i wasn't shocked to learn he was the writer for Avengers Academy after reading that dren. Back on topic....So Emmas going around the world destroying Sentinels...and well its Time for the sentinel at AA to be scrapped. keep in mind that a comic or two earlier Juston used this Sentinel to attack mutants who were trying to leave their base. The thing even said "Kill all mutants" as it confronts the mutants so....Anyway...Emma shows up to scrap this thing....and upon hearing Justons sob story settles for reprogramming the damn thing instead.......He objects to this as well....Northstar then compares Emma frost wanting to reprogram a robot that is irreparably programmed to commit genocide...........to reprogramming him because he's gay. Finesse then compares herself to a genocidal unfeeling robot and suggests that what Emma is doing is no different from Emma wanting to kill her. Seriously how the hell does Cage still have a job? I was waiting for everyone to go full blown Godwins law and compare her to hitler. At this point im not looking forward to future issues of this event. 

Zamiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zamiel

This thread need more feedback. That issue of AA pissed me off as well. I rolled my eye when he didn't just take Emma on her offer. It's entire "personality" is based around what Juston enforced on it, which is pretty much the same Emma wanted to do. Juston just comes off as a hypocrite to me.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Yip, all true

Flopsop200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Flopsop200

Hear, hear

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5  Edited By x_29

Why you mad tho?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#6  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt  Online

Nope, the moral is Marvel like messing up the characters you love if it means they can make money off of it.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By PurpleCandy

No I think that the purpose of making AvX for them to fight eachother, poor story yes, but I am sure the real reason is an excuse for eye-candy battles, just look at the cover for must of the issues

chaotik74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chaotik74

A few extra things to consider, not that any of this will matter:

Cyclops was NOT right. The whole desperation play Iron man made that created the Phoenix 5? Was because when the phoenix DID claim hope, just as Scott had planned, she realized she flat couldn't handle it. she said so explicitly. Nevermind Cyclops delibritely IGNORING that fact that the Phoenix killed the ENTIRE POPULATION of at least 5 worlds on its way to earth. He didn't care so long as he had his precious mutant miracle.

As for his claims that Cap and the Avengers "hadn't been there" for mutants, we'll ignore for a moment how many mutants were already on the Avengers. Virtually every act the Xmen have been involved with they either a.) kept on the down low...Avengers can't help with a problem they don't KNOW about. or B.) the Avengers DID show up to help, but were prevented from assisting. Bastion's siege on Utopia (which the avengers LET them keep until the Phoenix problem occured) is a prime example. Everyone seems to forget the nigh-impenetrable forcefield keeping the mutants In was keeping everyone else OUT. They SHOWED the avengers there trying to figure out what he hell was going on. Isolating all the mutants in one place and fostering the "them vs us" mentality was CYCLOPS's idea, not the avengers.

And as for the "solution" and the dispersal of the Phoenix to create "new mutants"....as far as I can tell, the actual mutants (which if you'll study your marvel history, are the result of the Celestials messing around with human genetic code, NOT a natural mutation) were not repowered. The Phoenix strain has created a NEW type of mutant, not brought the old strain back. And nevermind the poor saps who were perfectly normal and will almost certianly (at least in part) recieve crappy mutations they DIDN"T want. Or has everyone forgotten all the past xmen stories involving mutants that got the short end of the stick?

Any way you cut it, Cyclops was WRONG.

Avatar image for why_you_mad_tho
    why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By why_you_mad_tho

@chaotik74 said:

A few extra things to consider, not that any of this will matter:

Cyclops was NOT right. The whole desperation play Iron man made that created the Phoenix 5? Was because when the phoenix DID claim hope, just as Scott had planned, she realized she flat couldn't handle it. she said so explicitly. Nevermind Cyclops delibritely IGNORING that fact that the Phoenix killed the ENTIRE POPULATION of at least 5 worlds on its way to earth. He didn't care so long as he had his precious mutant miracle.

As for his claims that Cap and the Avengers "hadn't been there" for mutants, we'll ignore for a moment how many mutants were already on the Avengers. Virtually every act the Xmen have been involved with they either a.) kept on the down low...Avengers can't help with a problem they don't KNOW about. or B.) the Avengers DID show up to help, but were prevented from assisting. Bastion's siege on Utopia (which the avengers LET them keep until the Phoenix problem occured) is a prime example. Everyone seems to forget the nigh-impenetrable forcefield keeping the mutants In was keeping everyone else OUT. They SHOWED the avengers there trying to figure out what he hell was going on. Isolating all the mutants in one place and fostering the "them vs us" mentality was CYCLOPS's idea, not the avengers.

And as for the "solution" and the dispersal of the Phoenix to create "new mutants"....as far as I can tell, the actual mutants (which if you'll study your marvel history, are the result of the Celestials messing around with human genetic code, NOT a natural mutation) were not repowered. The Phoenix strain has created a NEW type of mutant, not brought the old strain back. And nevermind the poor saps who were perfectly normal and will almost certianly (at least in part) recieve crappy mutations they DIDN"T want. Or has everyone forgotten all the past xmen stories involving mutants that got the short end of the stick?

Any way you cut it, Cyclops was WRONG.

The PF went to hope and saved mutant kind.....no..he was right. The PF didn't enter Hope when the Avengers interfered, it was trying to...they prevented it...creating the PF5 in the process....they then went on to attack the PF5 repeatedly and then went"see told you those guys were dicks" when they responded. And? Captain America deliberately ignored Wanda killing members of the Avengers reality warping the planet and risking all of reality do to her out of control power...oh and she virtually committed genocide. But hey, she was an Avenger. Hope didnt blow up 5 planets. And quite frankly the PF going around blowing up random planets when it was established the PF only destroys things that are obsolete is just another reason why AvsX sucked.

lol What does having mutant team members have anything to do with the Avengers ignoring their own employers who habitually treat mutants like the African Americans were treated from the 1890's to 1970's This sums up my feelings on the avengers pretty nicely

Where was Caps and the avengers when over 40 mutant children were killed on american soil? Caps showed up during second coming because a giant energy dome covered the city of San Francisco with people who werent mutants still trapped inside. Captain America was willing to break the law so he could protect his and others right to be vigilantes, but no fracks are given about Proposition X or the Mutant Registration act.

Created a new type of mutant? You base this on what exactly? Oh nothing, then you'll excuse me for not replying to made up nonsense you created on the spot.

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#10  Edited By MatKrenz

I just want to say that while I found Gage's writing on AA to be sub-par his current run Angel & Faith is freaking amazing. That is all.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@chaotik74:

Did Cyclops predict that the Phoenix was coming to earth to restore the X-Gene? Yes.

Did the Phoenix come to earth to restore the X-Gene? Yes.

Did the Phoenix restore the X-Gene? Yes.

Cyclops was right!

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#12  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@chaotik74:

Did Cyclops predict that the Phoenix was coming to earth to restore the X-Gene? Yes.

Did the Phoenix come to earth to restore the X-Gene? Yes.

Did the Phoenix restore the X-Gene? Yes.

Cyclops was right!

winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read the avengers back in the 80s, and the stupid behaviour was the reason I quit the book. They allowed the hulk to kill a town full of people, they brutal humiliated the reformed magneto for years,they had the demonic gray hulk on their team. They constantly acted like fools. I wonder how many other people quit that book over the years.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much.

Beata

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.