Follow

Avengers vs. X-Men

Story arc »

Marvel Comics' 2012 event. As a repercussion from the events that took place in The Children's Crusade, Fear Itself, Schism, and X-Sanction, the Avengers and X-Men go to war over the return of the Phoenix Force.

Phoenix Force ?

mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mgrman5

So what happened to the Phoenix at the end of Avengers Vs. X-men #12. Did Hope and Scarlet Witch sacrifice/kill the Phoenix and use its power to make new mutants or did they just used the Phoenix/ Scarlet Witch's powers to make mutants comeback, by splitting up the power and giving it to others, similar to what Hope did at the end of Second Coming with the Five Lights, but on a much grader scale. I am a bit confused on the ending. Also it bugs me that they didn't include Jean in this whole thing a little more, I know their hints of it thought the event but they really should have dug deeper into that part of the Phoenix mythology.

mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mgrman5

Bumb

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheCrowbar

You can't kill the Phoenix force. They used its energy to revive mutantdom.

mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mgrman5

@TheCrowbar: Ok that makes more sense because the Phoenix can't be destroyed so easily even by the combined effort of Scarlet Witch and Hope. I wonder if the new mutants have some kind of piece of the Phoenix Force within them like the Cuckoos did or if they just used her life giving energies to repopulate the mutant race.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DevilMayehm666

The Phoenix is inside the new mutants according to Alonso.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.