Follow

Avengers vs. X-Men

Story arc »

Marvel Comics' 2012 event. As a repercussion from the events that took place in The Children's Crusade, Fear Itself, Schism, and X-Sanction, the Avengers and X-Men go to war over the return of the Phoenix Force.

Off My Mind: What Will Ignite the Battle in Avengers Vs. X-Men?

• 106 results
    Steps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Steps

@Outside_85 said:

Am I the only one who's noticed the Cable isnt on any of these covers?

From what X-Sanction #01 tells us from the start of him getting to the main timeline is that he only has 24 hours to live iirc. So by the time AVX is occurring he's probably dead already.

Avatar image for girl_from_the_future
    girl_from_the_future

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is going to be stupid and anti-climactic.

I hate the endless superhero fights. If these morons would stop fighting each other and just beat up the villains and the government Earth would have been a paradise 30 years ago.

Why is there never story progress in Marvel? Everything is status quo forever. Lame.

ArtJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By ArtJoker

@Captain_Gunky said:

I hope it's just a huge misunderstanding. Like the Avengers think Wolverine is working with Phoenix, but he's actually just taking online classes at the University of Phoenix.

That would be awesome!

Wattup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Wattup

Ugh. I hate the Phoenix Force. That and alternate timelines seem to be the X-Universe's only plot devices.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Outside_85

@Steps: Since blowing him apart wasn't enough I doubt this will kill him :) (Besides he can still come back as a younger version, like Pre-Hope)

IronHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#56  Edited By IronHerc

@Ganthetsward20:

If it disappoints you at least stick to the spidey tittles, they are kinda the better part of Marvel right now (ASM is awesome, Venom is badass and Scarlet Spider has the potential to be the same)

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By goldenkey

Since the Phoenix Force has always been X related the final battle will be between Scarlat Witch and the Phonenix Force. The Witch winning and redeaming herself resulting in the Avengers winning. Marvel can not have the X-Men beating the Avengers. It just won't happen.

Panther10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Panther10

I'm pretty sure that its not telepathic abilities that the phoenix force must consume to survive, but rather empathic abilities. The phoenix force thrives on the emotions and sensations of other life forms; whether they are love, happiness, and joy---or anger, frustration and sorrow. So the least likely candidates for a suitable host is someone who is more emotionally stunted. Someone who prefers to keep those emotions in check. I.E. Namor would be a good candidate because he is always angry. Hope summers might be a good choice because she might be biologically related to Jean Grey, and therefore has the same empathic abilities that jean once did. It could even be Red Hulk because he is a raging brute.etc.

Overall there is a good chance for the phoenix to take over characters on each side. since there are so few people with emotional safeguards.

thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By thanosrules

Phoenix Force wants the Cosmic Control Rod from Johnny. Hopefully it will destroy the Kree armada by accident on its way to Earth.

That, or the whole thing is a giant misdirection from Fantomex so he can escape Otherworld and get with Psylocke.

Heck, maybe Angel should get it, he needs a better set of wings now anyway.

Oh, and there is always Thor, he is in need of a Phoenix type resurrection.

:)

#mixingmetaphors

lareeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By lareeth

I'm not sure about this, Fear Itself has barely finished and now there's a new event. Why cant super heroes just stop fighting among each other and focus on bigger things, like super villains

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By butterflykyss

@lorex said:

Whatever happens I hope that no one who is an Avenger will become a host of the phoenix force. If that happens that will be two long term major X-Men story lines perverted into an Avengers story line. The first being the mutant registration act a the center of Civil War and if an Avenger becomes host for the Phoenix Force that would be two. Whats next are the Purifiers going to expand their focus to all superhumans or is Sinister going to give up on the X-Men and go after Captain America.

THIS. AND can we please find something else other than the PF to talk about Marvel? Geesh, I mean really?!?!? The whole red-headed messiah/destroyer of worlds bit is quite stale and uninventive at this point..

arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By arcano_19

wow, i mean come on thi is the event this is!!!!!! phoenix force. hope summers scarlet witch... come on come on when does the first issue comes out?

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#63  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

@maikkywin said:

Everything is a result of Phoenix .

Thats how marvel works .

Or the Scarlet Witch, Marvel loves using them!

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By gravitypress

I'm guessing that the Avengers are sick and tired of hearing the Mutants whine about how everyone hates them because they are so special.

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By jcbart

@BatClaw89: To be fair, Civil War came out of nowhere (the event causing it happened during the actual series itself), whereas the events in Avengers vs. X-Men (Phoenix Force returning, Scarlet Witch returning, Hope reaching her potential as the Mutant Messiah) have all been building for years so, it does make a lot of sense. In my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-602beb27cb771
    deactivated-602beb27cb771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is going to be awesome!

Avatar image for deactivated-59dbfb60c4f7c
    deactivated-59dbfb60c4f7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this would be better if they got rid of the avengers and x-men and replaced them with just a bunch of bit characters with their own stories since this is going to be stupid.

Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Walker696

As dumb as this sounds I really hope that the PF comes and posses Hellion just for a twist. He is conflicted and has a lot of potential but lately hasn't lived up to much of anything lately in my opinion. It would be a nice twist, heck if they really want a shock value then they should use what Doom mentioned. Bring back all the greatest heroes that have died over the years through the PF. Come on how sweet would it be if Jean came back with Captain Marvel, Wasp, Goliath, Banshee, Nightcrawler, and Jack of Hearts (to name a few) back to fight everybody with PF suping up their powers. Now if that was the case I would buy into all of this anything short of a twist that great makes this no more then Civil War light to me.

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

#69  Edited By GothamRed

Based on what cable has said so far, it's because at some point in the future the avengers will obtain anti-mutant tech and try to kill Hope (Mutant Messiah) for some reason, so we'll see if that holds true

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#70  Edited By DATNIGGA

@jcbart: yep basically this the all the things in avx have been along time coming

fps_dean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71  Edited By fps_dean

Will the winning team kill off the losing team?

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#72  Edited By The Impersonator

@EnSabahNurX said:

O_O Scarlet witch created Hope OH SNAP PLOT TWIST!!!!

I really want to know how it ends, not really interested in how it starts

That would be a surprise.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#73  Edited By Teerack

Two words.... Scott Summers.

deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

Magneto is upset that Charles chose Jean before Wanda, so he makes it look like The Hulk is a bad guy, then Jan says how 'bout we call ourselves The Avengers or somethin' like that...

Avatar image for metallicmercury
    MetallicMercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By MetallicMercury

Isn't Cable going to attack the Avengers or something in X-Sanction because in the future they kill Hope or something along those lines? Let's face it, that's a paradox waiting to happen. He'll end up alerting them to Hope, ensuring her demise.

Swiffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Swiffer

Lol, in the last line of the article "Will hope survive(?)" Bucky has now died and comeback twice, Johnny Storm died and returned in a couple months, now Cable is back (I think we all know the list could go on for a long time). I would no longer be surprised if they found a way to bring Ben Parker back from the grave. Bottom line: The fights maybe fun to watch, but I honestly feel there is no danger involved. Death is only temporary.

zmanm407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#77  Edited By zmanm407

I want Hope to gain the Phoenix Force, lose control, destroy the universe and the only survivor is Scarlet Witch, who then redeems herself from the Disassembled story by recreating the entire universe giving Marvel it's own "New 52"

I don't like reboots, and I don't want Marvel to "cop-out" so to speak, but I feel like Marvel has been destroying it's own continuity lately so why not literally allow that to happen?

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#78  Edited By SpidermanWins

Or maybe it has something to do with them and the government wanting to bring Magneto to justice for all he's done and the X-Men protecting him? Just an idea.

wreckinghavok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By wreckinghavok

The images they've shown us are kinda tricky. Like Wolverine fighting Captain America, but also standing with the Avengers. Some images seem to be Avengers vs. Cyclops' X-Men. But others seem to pit Wolverine's team against the Avengers too. So it might be that some of Wolverine's team also has to pick sides. Part of the story could be Avengers vs. Utopia X-Men vs. Westchester X-Men until Westchester picks a side.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By feargalr

I'm kinda worried about this coinciding with the avengers movie in may... I hope the avengers don't win just cos of that, cos I really don't see anyway the avengers could stand against the X-men, who are just way more powerful than them..

Plus it seems like the avengers problem is going to be with all of mutant kind and not just the x-men since both cyke and wolvy are on the same side here...

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By King Quisling

PIS

Ivyphoenix17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Ivyphoenix17

My guess is that, Hope will be revealed as the reincarnation of Jean Grey, as everybody as expected, because of the House of M which was caused by Wanda. I think, in my opinion, it will be revealed that during the House of M, Jean Grey, while in the White Hot Room, felt its effect and revealed to her that something is not right. After Wanda pronounced the "no more mutant" phrase that cause majority of the mutants to lose their powers, it was revealed to Jean that the mutantkind is in the verge of extinction. Because of this, Phoenix or Jean Grey decided to reincarnate itself to do something about it but, she cannot reincarnate with the full potential of the Phoenix. So, she decided to separate from the phoenix for a meantime and reincarnate herself again back to earth as Hope Summers. However, Jean Grey's presence and memories are still in the Phoenix. So, in short, Hope has no memories as Jean Grey. With the conflict between Scott and Logan, and with the division of the X-Men, the Phoenix that has Jean Grey's presence decided to comeback to earth and merge once again with its reincarnated self which is Hope to bring Jean Grey back and do something about the Decimation and conflicts of the X-Men. In the end, Hope had successfully merge with the phoenix without causing havoc to the world which the Avengers thought of it at first. It will be revealed that she is The White Phoenix of the Crown and tell them why did she comeback. She will also judged Scarlet Witch about the Decimation and also healed her from her "insanity" and maybe, stabilizing her powers again. She will reconcile the two groups of x-men and also the avengers. She will also heal Jubilee and bring back the powers of most of the depowered mutants. She will also tell Emma that she will not take Scott away from her since she is now too young for Scott. After that, she will disappear and live Hope lying in the floor. It will reveal that Jean Grey is now within Hope and revealing that she now remember her past self which is Jean Grey. This will also cause Hope to change its attitude and personality which will make her to be more like Jean Grey. She will also have her TK and TP back and will reveal that Jean will continue to exist inside of Hope and will be back again if she is needed for the world. This will also cause Hope to leave the X-Men and decided to explore more on her new improved self.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#83  Edited By JonesDeini

Hmmm my guess is marketing will be at the core of this battle.

skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By skaarason

i for one cant wait for AVX !!

Shieldbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Shieldbearer

@Ferro Vida: Awesomeness.

fivestarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By fivestarga

Cyclops will be the host for the Phoenix force...

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#87  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

"Fool stepped on my sneaker! You ready to roll?" - Captain America

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm, Well, youve got hope in the left corner with the PF, then youve got scarlet witch with reality creating powers. Makes sense that these two work in tandum somehow. The PF destroys worlds to make new ones, the witchs powers work to create reality, perhaps the witch is just linked to the force that comes after death, creation.

Now, who the PF takes, I'd guess Hope, generally, but I think angel after what he went through in x-force, being that hes got the life seed inside of him and he can ressurect apparently plus being a blank slate right now, makes him an uber candidate for the force.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#89  Edited By jrock85

@King Quisling said:

PIS

Precisely.

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By zackattack529

the reason for this event is simple.. theres a bunch of xmen titles..and theres a bunch of avangers titles...make a big crossover and $$$$$$....thats the marvel way.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#91  Edited By jhazzroucher

I want Storm to host the phoenix force : )

No Caption Provided
    Pyro_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Pyro_Jack

The only thing that can make me get excited for Avengers vs. X-Men is Scarlet Witch's death. But, unfortunely, this is probably not gonna happen.

Kurupted13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Kurupted13

What popped up in my mind is if a hero fights a hero, who is the villain?

Dark Noldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1014

#94  Edited By Dark Noldor

Things are very complicated in Avengers:Children's Crusade, since everyone is trying to bring Wanda down, Avengers and X-Men, so with the storyline of X-tinction, it appears that the whole battle will be about the Avengers trying to neutralize Hope - I will be very sad if it's about the Phoenix Force mind controlling the Avengers into fighting the mutants and vice versa - let's, I don't expect great things from Fraction (Fear Itself was a disaster), though I enjoyed his phase in the X-Men, but I have high hopes in Brubaker, Bendis and Aaron.

fitchy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By fitchy101

@ColonelRunAway said:

Logan stole Cap & Cyclops's pop-tarts and told them each that the other did it. Then boom, war were declared.

Thats gotta be it. Never steal another mans pop-tarts!

TheDarkHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By TheDarkHood

It would be a bloody and tiring battle but all the X-Men have to do and get jean on the battlefield, make her mad and its all over for the Avengers but then thinking about wanda i think h=she would be a better teammate to the X-Men after all that's where she's from

liquidiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By liquidiz

I think Cable should be the host of the Phoenix Force, for one he fits the telepathic prerequisite. The techno-virus has made his powers weaker as he had to focus mental capacity on keeping it from spreading. If he is consumed by it by in this arc then the Phoenix Force would be an interesting way of bringing him back....and he is of the Summers' clan, if it was good enough for Rachel in the alternate universe then why not.

SpitfireINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By SpitfireINK

Stands to reason that all of the X-Men would have a real problem with the RETURN of the Scarlet Witch (Avengers: Children's Crusade #9 - book has been delayed just for the big AvX event). With the X-Men's more pro-active approach in handling matters nowadays - well you can see where the choosing sides comes into play. I do think the DEATH of Cable will factor into it - BUT - I don't think we're ready for a resolution of the Return of the Phoenix Force ... just yet - maybe this will be the conclusion of the AvX event and how we'll see this resolved?

In any case I do believe that the Return of the Phoenix Force will lead into the next Marvel Event.

Perhaps the Return of Apocalypse ... maybe dare we hope ... as the Mutant Messiah? - as host to the PHOENIX FORCE!

I am curious as to where the DEFENDERS and Norman Osborn's DARK AVENGERS will come into play .....?

Hopefully this turns out to be an EPIC throw-down no matter the outcome - unlike the last few Events.

igbarriga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By igbarriga

Everything is the Phoenix Force and everything hurts.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#100  Edited By InnerVenom123

@jhazzroucher said:

I want Storm to host the phoenix force : )

No Caption Provided

And then she dies for the good of everyone? Brilliant!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.