Follow

Avengers vs. X-Men

Story arc »

Marvel Comics' 2012 event. As a repercussion from the events that took place in The Children's Crusade, Fear Itself, Schism, and X-Sanction, the Avengers and X-Men go to war over the return of the Phoenix Force.

My theory on who will die at the end of AvX

• 85 results
    Avatar image for why_you_mad_tho
    why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By why_you_mad_tho
    @imperial90 said:

Your right, which Namor only did after THEY KIDNAPPED THE MESSIAH OF THEIR RACE, wars have been started over far less then that and they have flat out declared they want to use Hope to kill the Phoenix.

You do realize being a member of an organization (Black Panther with the Avengers) that declares war against another power (PF5) when you are the leader of a people means your nation has declared war against that power right? Black Panther was harboring the Avengers within his own borders just adding fuel to the fire. The last straw was the capturing of Transonic. Namor would have declared war over such things even if he didn't have the PF. Doing what he did was probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen the Black panther do, especially since he was suppose to be against antagonizing the PF5 in the first place.

Hell we even have proof from UNIT that the goal of the Phoenix was to restore the mutant gene (a plan he proceeded to bugger up), we have Cable coming back from the future telling Scott that if Cap got hold of Hope and hid her from the Phoenix somehow it would respond with torching Earth, and Scott is the one being unreasonable?

this
    Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Hareil0079

@god_spawn said:

@Hareil0079 said:

My bets are between Xavier, T'challa, Emma & Iron Fist

T'Challa is a no with his recent events. Xavier, made a blog on why that could work and I think AvX issue 8 made it a strong possibility. Emma is still a possibility and Iron Fist has been the only consistent choice I've made since the start. But Rulk and Cage are still choices IMO.

T'challa is valid, just everyone is excusing him cause of the recent ff issue (even though it takes place before the events of AvX)

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Hareil0079

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Hareil0079: Eh, you'd have to read the issue. It sort of sets him up for AvX and beyond.

Having read the issue of FF, my theory of T'challa dieing still stands, as this event of AvX ties in to him becoming the king of the dead of wakanda and his sister claiming the title as queen, which leads to me to see storm being exiled

Avatar image for deadpoolspidey877
    deadpoolspidey877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have no clue as to who it is (but namor frost and iron fist are probably the best candidates) but it probably wont be someone with their own ongoing other than maybe red hulk

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I think the death will be some one in the Pheonix Five since they have been concentrating on them the most in this story arc

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@haydenclaireheroes said:

I think the death will be some one in the Pheonix Five since they have been concentrating on them the most in this story arc

Nah, I think they'll have to live with their actions.

If it's one person, it's going to be an Avenger, but they're going to win the fight. "One side wins, everyone loses."

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#58  Edited By krspaceT

What about Beast? He's an Avenger and a X men. Since Wolverine just can't die, he and Storm would hurt both teams.....

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By Blood1991

@krspaceT said:

What about Beast? He's an Avenger and a X men. Since Wolverine just can't die, he and Storm would hurt both teams.....

Storm's death wouldn't hurt the Avengers anymore.....

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By krspaceT

@Blood1991: Look, even with marriage problems, Storm is going to feel guilty about what happened. I may not be going to get comics until tomorrow, but I have visions of her going after the Phoenix Four....

Ever here of redemption equals death.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Blood1991

@krspaceT said:

@Blood1991: Look, even with marriage problems, Storm is going to feel guilty about what happened. I may not be going to get comics until tomorrow, but I have visions of her going after the Phoenix Four....

Ever here of redemption equals death.

She as been teasered in A+X and still has her own book well team, but I don't remember seeing Beast anywhere.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By krspaceT

@Blood1991: The Phoenix Force is interesting that way. Lets say she attacks the Phoenix Four, and Collosus smashes her. He's feeling guilty for accidentally hurting Kitty, then killing one of his older teammates might just drive him to the edge, having him give up his life to bring her back.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Blood1991

@krspaceT: :O those are my favorite X-Men, I don't want either to die. Still an intresting theory I suppose we will find out soon enough, and yes I hope your wrong lol.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By krspaceT

@Blood1991: Though I guess Professor X might die...you know maybe we should just do this

Marvel NOW Relaunch
    Marvel NOW Relaunch

Who do we know lives....assuming a Phoenix Force style universal reboot doesn't happen. Thor, Spiderman, Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine....erm is the X guy Cyclops? Or did someone just make a Conner Kent out of him and Daredevil?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Blood1991

@krspaceT said:

@Blood1991: Though I guess Professor X might die...you know maybe we should just do this

Marvel NOW Relaunch
    Marvel NOW Relaunch

Who do we know lives....assuming a Phoenix Force style universal reboot doesn't happen. Thor, Spiderman, Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine....erm is the X guy Cyclops? Or did someone just make a Conner Kent out of him and Daredevil?

I can top that image

I don't see Cyclops's outline anywhere and he does have a 17 year old self coming to Marvel, he is still a kinda maybe for me. X is still at the top of my list.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By krspaceT

@Blood1991: Maybe so many characters die Hope uses the Phoenix to reboot the world a la Flashpoint, making this entire debate mute. Perhaps they will kill off more of them than in the intro to DC universe online (AKA, a lot. Its a neat little intro movie, featuring the death of all our favorite DC heroes and villains, including Deathstroke, Wonder Woman and Metallo)

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Blood1991

@krspaceT said:

@Blood1991: Maybe so many characters die Hope uses the Phoenix to reboot the world a la Flashpoint, making this entire debate mute. Perhaps they will kill off more of them than in the intro to DC universe online (AKA, a lot. Its a neat little intro movie, featuring the death of all our favorite DC heroes and villains, including Deathstroke, Wonder Woman and Metallo)

Well with Wanda around that could be possible and would explain some of the space based looking Marvel Now stuff.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By krspaceT

@Blood1991: Erm......no Angel's died before......Psylocke just got killed out of out AVX, Magneto perhaps?

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@Blood1991: Oh thank god Beast is there I got worried.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By krspaceT

@TheAnnihilator: erm....anyone important you don't see there?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @Blood1991:  

@Lokheit:

This seems a little to obvious... 

My god Emma's rack is huge in that shot  

I personally hope it's Scott
    Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Blood1991

@krspaceT said:

I don't see Emma, Scott, Tchalla, Colossus, Magik, or Magneto.

@TheAnnihilator said:

Yeah I missed him on my first scan through. I'm glad he's going to live through this. I think I see Danny to below Falcon a tiny image, but I think it is him.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By krspaceT

@Blood1991: Black Panther definately could be done......with Storm and him suddenly having larger roles, and Colossus is an interesting option......Magik doesn't have the publciity.......and Emma and Scott are too obvious.

Magneto dies as often as the Joker dies....no fan would believe it

@The Stegman: Adult Comic females like Shadow Cat, Wasp are truly a rarity. After all, few comic book females are really....erm...Gifted. Yeah, that's the word, gifted. Emma Frost is also gifted....so gifted it was evident even in Pyrde of the X men.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By krspaceT

@Blood1991: You know, they could kill off Jubilee or Kitty Pryde, now that I think about it. That would hurt the X-men, and the Avengers through Wolverine.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@krspaceT: Kitty isn't in the fight, and Jubilee has been a background character for too long to be killed. She's been shown in this event once, maybe. They always build the death up.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By krspaceT

@TheAnnihilator: It could be a symbolic image of how war only harms the innocent.....and Wolvie's 'kids' are the only big Marvel heroes who have never died in any real shape or form. They are due

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#77  Edited By InnerVenom123

Emma, probably.

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#78  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

Here is my guess the biggest connection between the two groups the Scarlet Witch as the last AvX vs has her vs Hope. Plus she's been barely used since they brought her back so easy come easy go otherwise the Iron Fist theory is good and one of the Phoenix Five could be

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mercy_ said:

Emma Frost is my guess.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By krspaceT

@johnkmccubbin91: I think I see her in those sketches

@Blood1991 said:

@krspaceT said:

Marvel NOW Relaunch
    Marvel NOW Relaunch

I can top that image

I don't see Cyclops's outline anywhere and he does have a 17 year old self coming to Marvel, he is still a kinda maybe for me. X is still at the top of my list.

@Blood1991 said:

@krspaceT said:

I don't see Emma, Scott, Tchalla, Colossus, Magik, or Magneto.

@TheAnnihilator said:

Yeah I missed him on my first scan through. I'm glad he's going to live through this. I think I see Danny to below Falcon a tiny image, but I think it is him.

So I don't think Scarlet's there.......and that image did't seem fighty...more team upy

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@krspaceT: Scarlet Witch has already been shown to be on the Uncanny Avengers post-AvX. Keep up.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By krspaceT

@TheAnnihilator: Erm is Hope?

Gonzo33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Gonzo33

You would think with a war between characters, some people would have died already and not just whoever in the final issue.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By krspaceT

@Gonzo33: At least in Civil War they killed Goliath and some villains off in the middle. If I was writing AVX.....I'd have killed off a few people by now.

After all.....the X-Men have a lot of C list fodder to deal with. After all, who'd miss Polaris or Sunfire?

rawr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By rawr

Cyclops being the obvious choice that seems to be telegraphed from the get-go it would be sad to see Marvel be THAT obvious. Let him be profoundly effected by the events and go be a recluse for a while but Cyclops is the Magneto to Wolverine's Xavier as has been blatantly setup time and time again since Schism (whether we like thinking about them that way, the writers seem to want us to look at them that way) and you can't kill off your Magneto. Or can you if the 17 year old version is coming back right after?

I been giving a lot of thought to Luke Cage as the possible death. Marvel outright said it was a Team Leader and Luke Cage is technically currently a Team Leader. Also in early AvX tie-ins he was having his marital crisis and chose to pick fights in AvX then leave the Avengers with wife&kid. I'd like that to have some sort of consequence other than Yet Another Marvel Divorce.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By krspaceT

@rawr: Agreed, if I wrote comics I'd keep the relations around.....no wives blowing up into flaming birds, no demonic retcons, ect

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By krspaceT

Emma, Scott, Tchalla, Colossus, Magik, or Magneto are not shown, so if we were to remove the recently de badassed siblings, we have Emma, Scott, Tchalla, Colossus, Magik, or Magneto. If we add Xavier, Storm and Hope to the list.....lets figure out what path they'd take.

Emma; Her death would show a continuation of the Phoenix Curse, the cosmic rule that makes Cyclops incapable of ever loving anyone. She's loosing control and is scared, as the power consumes her just as it consumed Jean all those years ago.

Cyclops; The leader of the X-Men is also loosing control, as he feels the crazed state that Jean felt before. So far, he seems to be the most in control....but it has slipped. After all, Romeo killed himself for Juliet, and Juliet killed herself for Romeo.....

T'Challa; He's getting a lot of focus, and the drama with Storm is something to consider. Perhaps in death he say's something like 'As my final act as head priest of the Panther Cult, I re-instate my marriage to Storm. Wakanda needs a heir, and it would be wrong to have him a bastard...Tell her....I am sorry......Steve, Tony.....Logan.....

Assuming that Storm isn't pregnant, he's sort of like Captain America power wise...and who died last war?

Storm; It follows the redemption equals death, and I am having trouble seeing her in the image there. They did kill Nightcrawler off a few years back, and she is one of the big three of the Giant Size X-Men (her, Kurt and Logan). It could also create a guilt angle for both the X-men, and Black Panther

Xavier; With the original X-men appearing, how do you think they would react to such a death. And look at pop culture; Vader kills Obi-Wan, not to mention killing Xavier might be the best thing to snap Scott out of it. And he is the Luther King Jr of Mutants...

Magneto; Last but not least. Magneto is all and all the Malcom X of Mutant Rights, and what happened to Malcom X.....well it also happened to Luther King (Xavier). Perhaps they can't afford to kill off a genuine hero, but a reformed villain could be expendable. It would be irony to mourn for the bad guy.

You know, there are still others. She Hulk for one, and perhaps Pym. It would be irony to kill him off after he has straitened himself out.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#88  Edited By sora_thekey

@krspaceT: I like your hypothesis... but Storm is in that image so she's ruled out. The rest (for the exception of Magneto) would be really significant deaths by the end of the event.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By krspaceT

@sora_thekey: Didn't Professor X just ask him for his help or something? I have an odd feeling he will have a large role soon....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.