My Hopes For The AVX Outcome

#1 Posted by XsPectre28 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

After the dust settles im hoping for alot of change to come from this new EVENT.

#1~ Definitly hoping for Jean Grey's return but id like for her to A) be removed from the Phoenix for as part of her essence has remained in the white hot room as the White Phoenix so that Jean can be left in peace from that part of her life. B) that Jean is giving a new additude( more Aggressive/Leader Type). C) Jean under goes a secondary mutation due to her exposure to the force. D) that Jean not only re-unites the X-men but doesnt return to the X-men instead becoming an Avenger & forming a Half-Avenger Half-Xmen team or she recreates Generation X. E) Slaps the mess outta Emma for not listening to her & the Phoenix's warnings.

#2~ that Scarlet Witch & Hopes powers somehow combine & restore the power to all depowered & Innate Mutants.

#3~ we finally learn what Hope's powers really are because i honestly an starting to think she not only has rogue's powers but those of pandemic.

#4~ The Return of Synch

#2 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucas Bishop was right.

#3 Edited by fodigg (6144 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty much in total agreement regarding the changes that need to happen for JG if she comes back. The only point where I vary would be that I don't think she needs to be separated from the X-Men so much as broken out of the tired love triangle with Scott and Logan. If doing the former addresses the latter, however, I'd be for it.

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

I'm pretty much in total agreement regarding the changes that need to happen for JG if she comes back. The only point where I vary would be that I don't think she needs to be separated from the X-Men so much as broken out of the tired love triangle with Scott and Logan. If doing the former addresses the latter, however, I'd be fore it.

Agreed.

#5 Posted by Daycrawler (552 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Lucas Bishop was right.

Nooooooooooooooooo!

#6 Posted by Dernman (14720 posts) - - Show Bio
@XsPectre28 said:

E) Slaps the mess outta Emma for not listening to her & the Phoenix's warnings.

What were those warnings? I missed that part.
#7 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Lucas Bishop was right.

Nooooooooooooooooo!

Yes, AvX may not be the cause of that apocalyptic future but it's happening nonetheless and Hope Summers is most definitely causing it. Lucas Bishop was right.

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio

If Jean Grey comes back..I'm serious this time.I'm done with Marvel.

#9 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

H@TER

#10 Posted by Daycrawler (552 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Daycrawler said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Lucas Bishop was right.

Nooooooooooooooooo!

Yes, AvX may not be the cause of that apocalyptic future but it's happening nonetheless and Hope Summers is most definitely causing it. Lucas Bishop was right.

Hmmmm, to be honest, I don't mind if Cable or Bishop are right. Well, possibly got a sliiiight preference for Cable being right, but as long as the story is great then I don't care. Especially after all the build up.

Anyway, Bishop's future is just a possible future, as is Cable's. And even if Bishop's future was going to happen in the 616 timeline, it's still premature to say Hope caused it. All Bishop had was hand-me-down tales of the X-Men and the cause of the mutant concentration camps being due to a red-headed mutant killing millions after being heralded a savior after M-Day. Granted, the fits the bill perfectly for Hope (minus the millions dead bit as it's not happened yet, or possible at all). However, he didn't have any definitive proof that it was definitely Hope, like a photo of her in the act of killing millions and maniacally laughing.

Point being, we all know how people viewing things from outside / after the fact may not be in possession of all the facts. They may think they know what happened, but they actually don't. For example, there's huge amounts of wiggle room for the 'millions dead' bit to come true but for Hope to be a patsy / fall guy for it, trying to stop the real cause. I mean, how many times have the X-Men, or any hero for that matter, attempted to do good but Joe public mistakes it for an act of aggression or that the bad thing is the hero's fault? This would just be it amped up to the millionth degree where the hero doesn't triumph.

I'm keeping an open mind about all this. Reckon it's too early to call for definite. To me, no-one can say that Bishop or Cable are right until we get to that moment in time, when events / forces / etc propel Hope to her eventual destiny.

#11 Edited by Godabed (353 posts) - - Show Bio

1. My hope is Hope is removed from the marvel universe permanently and never spoke of again.  If you are going to clone jean... oh wait there already is a clone of jean who's pretty bada**.  How about no more clones of jean with different names making them all powerful deities. 
2. I'd like to see a permanent breakoff between the avengers and x-men, keep the two teams from overlapping.  They can go to the same school but they can't play together sort of scenario.  The past couple of events i have to say i got a really bad taste in my mouth for the avengers, they seems like villains disguised as heroes, sticking their noses where they don't belong. However, the x-men's struggle for survival has made them more compelling, and dynamic.
3. I would like to see mutants re powered and re purposed after avx, and i'd like to see more character who aren't featured brought up to the forefront.  More Blindfold please, Bring back threnody and child into Nate's life, go into Ciphers backstory, have Ink, Prodigy need to get his powers back in an epic story.

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
@Godabed said:
The past couple of events i have to say i got a really bad taste in my mouth for the avengers, they seems like villains disguised as heroes, sticking their noses where they don't belong. 
If you're talking about the company wide events like Secret Invasion,Fear Itself,Dark Reign etc.The Avengers did what they were supposed to do.Civil War was probably the only one where they may have overstepped their bounds but for the most part the Avengers have been on the receiving end of constant attacks.
#13 Edited by Godabed (353 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro
How many people on the Avengers have killed someone, or caused someone's death? To me they seem like bad people trying to do the right thing. Captain American i think is the only real standup guy (Not Bucky).   Hulk kills people on mass, and he's one of the founding members, Thor the asgardian god, isn't exactly a saint either, then you have the wife beater, and the drunken genius, also the Assassin, the professional criminals turned good guys, Not gonna get into quicksilver and wanda, terrorist. the list goes on. They let Ms. Marvel get raped, their own members killed each others and split them up.

yes they save people, but I don't see them as heroes like the x-men. Have you seen the show misfits, it's kind of like that, these ragtag misfits who happened to have powers and often kill people tend to do the right thing everyonce in awhile but also causes more trouble.  That's the avengers in a nutshell.
#14 Edited by Dernman (14720 posts) - - Show Bio
@Godabed said:

@Vance Astro
How many people on the Avengers have killed someone, or caused someone's death? To me they seem like bad people trying to do the right thing. Captain American i think is the only real standup guy (Not Bucky).   Hulk kills people on mass, and he's one of the founding members, Thor the asgardian god, isn't exactly a saint either, then you have the wife beater, and the drunken genius, also the Assassin, the professional criminals turned good guys, Not gonna get into quicksilver and wanda, terrorist. the list goes on. They let Ms. Marvel get raped, their own members killed each others and split them up.  yes they save people, but I don't see them as heroes like the x-men. Have you seen the show misfits, it's kind of like that, these ragtag misfits who happened to have powers and often kill people tend to do the right thing everyonce in awhile but also causes more trouble.  That's the avengers in a nutshell.

Oh because we all know the X-Men don't have bad people on their team or kill. (sarcasm) 

Edit: Hank wasn't a wife beater. Did you read the issue. It was an accident.
#15 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Daycrawler said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Lucas Bishop was right.

Nooooooooooooooooo!

Hmmmm, to be honest, I don't mind if Cable or Bishop are right. Well, possibly got a sliiiight preference for Cable being right, but as long as the story is great then I don't care. Especially after all the build up.

Anyway, Bishop's future is just a possible future, as is Cable's. And even if Bishop's future was going to happen in the 616 timeline, it's still premature to say Hope caused it. All Bishop had was hand-me-down tales of the X-Men and the cause of the mutant concentration camps being due to a red-headed mutant killing millions after being heralded a savior after M-Day. Granted, the fits the bill perfectly for Hope (minus the millions dead bit as it's not happened yet, or possible at all). However, he didn't have any definitive proof that it was definitely Hope, like a photo of her in the act of killing millions and maniacally laughing.

Point being, we all know how people viewing things from outside / after the fact may not be in possession of all the facts. They may think they know what happened, but they actually don't. For example, there's huge amounts of wiggle room for the 'millions dead' bit to come true but for Hope to be a patsy / fall guy for it, trying to stop the real cause. I mean, how many times have the X-Men, or any hero for that matter, attempted to do good but Joe public mistakes it for an act of aggression or that the bad thing is the hero's fault? This would just be it amped up to the millionth degree where the hero doesn't triumph.

I'm keeping an open mind about all this. Reckon it's too early to call for definite. To me, no-one can say that Bishop or Cable are right until we get to that moment in time, when events / forces / etc propel Hope to her eventual destiny.

That's true, they are just possible futures and none of the events that transpired there have happened in the 616 universe, yet. IMO, Bishop's is more believable and i don't blame him for trying all things possible in order to kill Hope, take a look at what's happened already in her name, X-Men have died fighting for her cause (Kurt and Ariel.), cruel men have formed diabolical cults to kill Hope by any means neccassary, in affect, losing countless lives and for what purpose ? At least in Bishop's case, we readers actually saw what happened in his world, we saw what Hope Summers supposedly caused because she was allowed to live, it shouldn't be so hard as to see why. The die in Hope's case has already been cast and evidently she's already going down the wrong path, granted we've yet to see the end of Generation Hope but still.

Mutant Messiah ? Oh please.

#16 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@XsPectre28 said:

#4~ The Return of Synch

This yes. A million times yes.
#17 Posted by Daycrawler (552 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Daycrawler said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Daycrawler said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Lucas Bishop was right.

Nooooooooooooooooo!

That's true, they are just possible futures and none of the events that transpired there have happened in the 616 universe, yet. IMO, Bishop's is more believable and i don't blame him for trying all things possible in order to kill Hope, take a look at what's happened already in her name, X-Men have died fighting for her cause (Kurt and Ariel.), cruel men have formed diabolical cults to kill Hope by any means neccassary, in affect, losing countless lives and for what purpose ? At least in Bishop's case, we readers actually saw what happened in his world, we saw what Hope Summers supposedly caused because she was allowed to live, it shouldn't be so hard as to see why. The die in Hope's case has already been cast and evidently she's already going down the wrong path, granted we've yet to see the end of Generation Hope but still.

Mutant Messiah ? Oh please.

Yeah, Hope seems to be pretty divisive in the real world as much as the fictional one! I agree that she's not done much in the way of 'messiah' stuff, which has been a bit anti-climatic. Maybe I'm just being impatient, but they could've shown shown a bit more messiah-like actions to balance out the phoenix / mind control stuff that's been going on. It would have fleshed out her character a bit more and if the balance between messiah-like actions and ominous ones had been more 50/50, it might have helped build more of a feeling of tension.

Sure, people have tried to kill Hope and a lot of death and destruction have happened because of her. However, I think that has mainly happened due to her being the first mutant born after M-Day, rather than people perceiving her as a messiah figure (Bishop and a few others aside). Most of the chaos would of happened anyway, regardless of who the new mutant was.

Also, perhaps Bishop is right but so far he's caused waaaay more death and destruction that Hope. He's destroyed an entire alternate timeline, numbers of people that far outweigh the death and destruction in his own timeline. May not be the 616 timeline, but lives are lives. Being a time traveller, he should now that this can be a complex thing. Even if he had succeded in killing Hope, what then? A paradox? Damage to the fabric of time? It may have erased his timeline and swapped it for a better one, but how does he know that? He knows what happened when Legion tried to kill a young Magneto - AOA! To me, that is signs of desperation and a psychotic focus to the exclusion of all else. Not the actions of a man I entrust with the future!

#18 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Ha! I may hate Jean, but I don't think I could totally give it up. It can't stay bad forever I tell myself, and I just love the X-Men too damn much.

#19 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@XsPectre28 said:

After the dust settles im hoping for alot of change to come from this new EVENT.

#1~ Definitly hoping for Jean Grey's return but id like for her to A) be removed from the Phoenix for as part of her essence has remained in the white hot room as the White Phoenix so that Jean can be left in peace from that part of her life. B) that Jean is giving a new additude( more Aggressive/Leader Type). C) Jean under goes a secondary mutation due to her exposure to the force. D) that Jean not only re-unites the X-men but doesnt return to the X-men instead becoming an Avenger & forming a Half-Avenger Half-Xmen team or she recreates Generation X. E) Slaps the mess outta Emma for not listening to her & the Phoenix's warnings.

#2~ that Scarlet Witch & Hopes powers somehow combine & restore the power to all depowered & Innate Mutants.

#3~ we finally learn what Hope's powers really are because i honestly an starting to think she not only has rogue's powers but those of pandemic.

#4~ The Return of Synch

1 A - I agree with this 100%, Jean as Phoenix makes every one else irrelevant and the drama associated with it has been done to death, move on to something else

1B - I disagree 100%, her personality has always been more of a counselor or confidant and to change so much makes little sense IMO, her personality has always been part of her appeal

1C - She is already a telepath and telekenetic, what are you looking to add or change by using a secondary mutation? She sure as hell does not need a power upgrade, even without the Phoenix

1D - Not sure about either of these suggestions. Considering her time away I don't see her becoming an avenger, much less create a team made up of both factions. The Generation X idea would make more sense except fr the new school already bearing her name.

2 - Limiting the number of mutants to the level they really are enough of a minority to be in danger is essential to what the X-Men have always been together for. Giving back the powers to some mutants and allowing for new mutant births at a managable level storywise is fine

3 - I'd be happy with just some kind of hint as to what her deal is, if she even lives past the event

4 - He's dead, leave him there with Uncle Ben as the few who actually stayed that way.

#20 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

given that the only Marvel title I'm reading is an X book I'll probably be right behind you

#21 Posted by XsPectre28 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Daycrawler said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Lucas Bishop was right.

Nooooooooooooooooo!

Bishop was wrong before..... he knew the x-men would be betrayed & he thought it was Gambit when it was actually Xavier(ONSLAUGHT) but hell we have seen many betrayals since then that could have been the moment & all this is kinda funny because to me if bishop knew bout the messiah how come he didnt go looking way before he did... & if bishop knew about this Messiah then that would mean he would have known about M-day, about utopia, necrosha because all of this has Hope references...... RETCONN

#22 Posted by XsPectre28 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@XsPectre28 said:

#4~ The Return of Synch

1 A - I agree with this 100%, Jean as Phoenix makes every one else irrelevant and the drama associated with it has been done to death, move on to something else

1B - I disagree 100%, her personality has always been more of a counselor or confidant and to change so much makes little sense IMO, her personality has always been part of her appeal

1C - She is already a telepath and telekenetic, what are you looking to add or change by using a secondary mutation? She sure as hell does not need a power upgrade, even without the Phoenix

1D - Not sure about either of these suggestions. Considering her time away I don't see her becoming an avenger, much less create a team made up of both factions. The Generation X idea would make more sense except fr the new school already bearing her name.

2 - Limiting the number of mutants to the level they really are enough of a minority to be in danger is essential to what the X-Men have always been together for. Giving back the powers to some mutants and allowing for new mutant births at a managable level storywise is fine

3 - I'd be happy with just some kind of hint as to what her deal is, if she even lives past the event

4 - He's dead, leave him there with Uncle Ben as the few who actually stayed that way.

Synch isnt dead as far as we know & considering his powers & the powers of all the people he was in close proximity to( Wolverine, Elixer, X-23....) he could have healed himself of the transmode virus or he could still be undead with the whole Selene event leading to the return of Threnody as she can control the dead as well.

#23 Posted by Daycrawler (552 posts) - - Show Bio

@XsPectre28 said:

@Daycrawler said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Daycrawler said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Lucas Bishop was right.

Nooooooooooooooooo!

Bishop was wrong before..... he knew the x-men would be betrayed & he thought it was Gambit when it was actually Xavier(ONSLAUGHT) but hell we have seen many betrayals since then that could have been the moment & all this is kinda funny because to me if bishop knew bout the messiah how come he didnt go looking way before he did... & if bishop knew about this Messiah then that would mean he would have known about M-day, about utopia, necrosha because all of this has Hope references...... RETCONN

Yeah, that's true, forgot about the whole traitor thing. To be honest I've not read many stories with Bishop beyond the whole 'goes rogue and tries to kill Hope' stuff. I read Claremont era X-Men and then skipped the 90's and straight into Morrison New X-Men run. Just starting to get into the 90's stuff just now.

Does seem weird that Bishop didn't go looking / do something earlier than he did. Could be that he thought his presence had averted the whole M-Day / Messiah future from happening, then when it did actually happen anyway, he was caught by suprise. Couple that with only vague information about who the messiah would be then perhaps that's why he didn't make his move until Messiah Complex. Would kinda explain why he got cozy with O*N*E. Just a theory though. Have heard a few people complain that it's a bit of a retcon!

#24 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

What oes synch have to do with any of this that it would bring about his resurrection?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.