Marvel's Next AVENGERS VS X-MEN INFINITE Comic

Posted by G-Man (32168 posts) - - Show Bio

Yesterday we posted an exclusive interview with Peter Phillips, SVP & General Manager, Marvel Digital Media and David Gabriel, SVP, Sales. Among stating their views on digital comics and other innovations they plan on adding with the success of AVENGERS VS X-MEN, they also revealed when the next INFINITE Comic would debut.

If you bought AVENGERS VS X-MEN #1 and used the free digital download code or if you simply purchased the NOVA Infinite Comic (which was only 99 cents), you saw just how cool digital comics can be. I had asked Phillips and Gabriel when we could expect the next and the answer is AVENGERS VS X-MEN #6. Mark Waid, Yves “Balak” Bigerel and Carlo Barberi will bring us a story featuring Cyclops and how the world is seen through his eyes.

== TEASER ==

Marvel Senior Editor Nick Lowe had this to say:

After the deafening critical acclaim for the first Infinite Comic, we had to bring Mark Waid back for the next one. But joining Mark this time around is Yves Bigerel & Carlo Barberi. Now, not many Marvelites may recognize Bigerel’s name, but he is of huge importance to digital comics. His pen name is Balak and he made the comic that solidified for us what digital comics COULD be. Yves took Waid’s rough idea and realized the story-telling and it’s going to blow you away. Then, Carlo took Yves storyboards and knocked them out of the park!

The unknown, and untapped potential of the Phoenix Force is revealed in the next all-newAvengers VS. X-Men Infinite Comic, available on June 20! Fans can find the next Avengers VS. X-Men Infinite Comic in one of three ways:

1. Free with the redemption of a code found in print copies of Avengers VS. X-Men #6

2. Free with a purchase of the digital copy of Avengers VS. X-Men #6 on the Marvel Comics app and the Marvel Digital Comics Shop,

3. Available for $1.99, also on the Marvel Comics app and the Marvel Digital Comics Shop

With three easy ways to obtain the Infinite Comic, no fan can miss out on the story that changes the game for the comic blockbuster event of the summer!

Which team will reign supreme? Join the conversation on Twitter with #AvX!

For more on Avengers VS X-Men, please visit http://avx.marvel.com

AVENGERS VS X-MEN #6 (MAR120530)

Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN

Pencils by OLIVIER COIPEL

Cover by JIM CHEUNG

Rated T+…$3.99

FOC – 5/28/12, ON SALE – 6/20/12!

Staff
#1 Posted by Shazam78 (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow these images have like zero appeal to me. Nothing against the artist but these images just don't sell it for me.

#2 Posted by skaarason (683 posts) - - Show Bio

im against  digital comics , print only for me  

that's why im pissed about the max payne comic  lol

#3 Posted by G-Man (32168 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shazam78: I would say these weren't the best choice of images. The NOVA comic was great. The way one panel dissolved into the other was pretty cool. You sorta got a sense for him zipping through space away from the Phoenix Force that you wouldn't really get from a printed comic. And that comic won't be printed until the hardcover.

Staff
#4 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

the first infinite digital was amazing and the images were jaw dropping. if that's how all digital comics are going to be I'm not that sad to see it coming

#5 Posted by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

Brace yourselves.

The "I'm against digital, yet have never tried it for myself" comments are coming.

#6 Posted by leokearon (1788 posts) - - Show Bio

if this is the world through Cyclops eye's shouldn't everything be in red

#7 Posted by GothamRed (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

who's the guy in the bowling shirt next to gambit, he reminds me of johnny

#8 Posted by Inverno (13195 posts) - - Show Bio

@GothamRed said:

who's the guy in the bowling shirt next to gambit, he reminds me of johnny

Sunspot

#9 Posted by Outside_85 (8657 posts) - - Show Bio

@leokearon said:

if this is the world through Cyclops eye's shouldn't everything be in red

We should...also we might be seeing all the treats to mutants too :)

#10 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who thinks its straight up ridiculous to show a picture of a group of mutants in tank tops, short sleeves and shorts, only to also include Gambit in multiple layers and a damn trenchcoat.....

#11 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

Am I the only one who thinks its straight up ridiculous to show a picture of a group of mutants in tank tops, short sleeves and shorts, only to also include Gambit in multiple layers and a damn trenchcoat.....

Meh, a bunch of the ones in the background were in their "outfit" too.

#12 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Yeah and there all short sleeved. No biggy but it happens all the time. The X-Men will be somewhere hot as hell, dressed for the environment and Gambit's still rocking his dumpy trench.

#13 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

But that's who Gambit is, he bucks the trends.

#14 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nova`Prime`: Touche

#15 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: I definitely see and agree with your point, but I was just felt it was fair to point that out. Its not a question of why Gambit shouldn't be in his Civies, but more of a question on why he's not given a costume which makes more sense, but that would relate to the way he's been treated in the last couple of years and... now I'm going off on a tangent.

#16 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Gambler: I definitely see and agree with your point, but I was just felt it was fair to point that out. Its not a question of why Gambit shouldn't be in his Civies, but more of a question on why he's not given a costume which makes more sense, but that would relate to the way he's been treated in the last couple of years and... now I'm going off on a tangent.

Gambit use to be stylish. Give the boy a crotch rocket and a white tee lol

#17 Posted by leokearon (1788 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85

This is what the issue should be like

#18 Posted by AlKusanagi (602 posts) - - Show Bio

I see they're doing a fancy hardback that's going to have all the various AvX stuff in it. Any word if that will come with the Infinite stuff as well?

#19 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2202 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet. Judging by Infinite #1, all comics should be made that way. The transitions and whatnot made it feel animated, even though the panels were stills. It was great.

#20 Posted by Teerack (5812 posts) - - Show Bio

huh, are they gonna move to the moon now that the inhumans don't live there.

#21 Posted by scuzz2.0 (273 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats up with Gambits legs?

#22 Posted by sparty-dbq (791 posts) - - Show Bio

See the world through Cyclops' eye(s)? I wonder what that'd be like?

*puts on pair of red Ray-Bans*

HOLY $#!+, EVERYONE I HAVE MINOR DISAGREEMENTS WITH WANTS TO KILL ME!!!

#23 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

House of Summers, It is.

#24 Posted by Kaaable (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I enjoy the digital comics because it's the only way I can read them.

#25 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

House of Summers, It is.

If the story ends up being Logan waking up Thinking "I remember everything."

then this story is going to be a FAIL for me. (+)

#26 Posted by Danial79 (2346 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the first one, so I'm very excited for the next :)

#27 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

@leokearon said:

@Outside_85:

Heheh! YOU should be in charge of Marvel Digital! Saves time on all that unnecessary 'reading' and such.

#28 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@leokearon: Lol, that made me giggle.

What about Mark Waid? They dragged his talented mind into this event? Huh. Well, I'll pay for it if he has anything to do with it. He's brilliant.

#29 Edited by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

My Opinionated Guess: X-men takes over the United states, because the avengers were never formed. Scott Becomes the Mutant Leader (where the hell is Charles?!!?), and an area of the US (maybe San Fran) is now a new Mutant only City. Of course something goes horribly wrong (Human revolting against Mutants most likely), were Scott realizes that the Avengers were right and that they fought for Mutant rights unbeknownst to Scott. Scott now seeing he was acting like a total douchebag tries to mend the Selfish wrongs he's created. Scott Then realizes that This reality was created by the phoenix Force, which gave him a world where Scott got his way, Jean then comes back to life replacing Hope and fixing the world. Too bad for Hope because she goes back to being unused :(.

#30 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

has Gambit actually ever had civies? ever?

@leokearon said:

@Outside_85:

lol

#31 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm, not exactly the best of images to try and sway our fancy in my opinion.

#32 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: I remember him wearing some in X-23, off the top of my head.

#33 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody at Marvel, please do me a favor: re-read the first Jack kirby and Will Eisner books. I'm begging on my knees.

#34 Posted by Shazam78 (138 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: Nice to know that there are better things the samples, I've read digital comics in the past before and done right the artist can take full advantage of the medium.
#35 Posted by ripcurl (535 posts) - - Show Bio

Those aren't Cyclops feet in the last image are they?

Who is it? Strife? Black Bolt?

#36 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

The artwork looks sick :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.