Marvel Unveils More AVENGERS VS. X-MEN Covers

• 86 results
Posted by G-Man (29415 posts) - - Show Bio

The battle continues. The fate of the Marvel Universe all depends on this event. Today Marvel has released a new set of covers revealing more upcoming battles.

The war to save the Marvel Universe continues this June as the Avengers go head to head against the X-Men while the all-powerful Phoenix Force hurtles towards Earth!

You’ve heard It’s Coming—and this April The War Is Here in Avengers VS X-Men! All your favorite super heroes enter—and only one team will emerge victorious!

Which team will reign supreme? Join the conversation on Twitter with #AvX!
For more on Avengers VS X-Men, please visit http://avx.marvel.com

AVENGERS VS. X-MEN #5

Written by MATT FRACTION

Pencils by JOHN ROMITA JR.

Cover by JIM CHEUNG

ON SALE THIS JUNE!

== TEASER ==

AVX: VS #3

Written by JEPH LOEB & CHRIS YOST

Pencils by ED MCGUINNESS & TERRY DODSON

Cover by ED MCGUINNESS

ON SALE THIS JUNE!

SECRET AVENGERS #28

Written by RICK REMENDER

Pencils by RENATO GUEDES

Cover by ALAN DAVIS

ON SALE THIS JUNE!

X-MEN LEGACY #268

Written by CHRISTOS GAGE

Pencils by RAFA SANDOVAL

Cover by MARK BROOKS

ON SALE THIS JUNE!

Staff Online
#1 Posted by sora_thekey (8105 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Cheung's cover. Makes me wonder how much will AvX be about the teams fighting each other rather than fighting the phoenix.

#2 Posted by Solarflare32 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

Frenzy looks badass defo reading x men legacy

#3 Edited by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

The first one is cool the rest are meh at best. EDIT: Secret Avengers is good too

#4 Posted by ARMIV2 (7653 posts) - - Show Bio

Epic covers!

#5 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

That Cap cover is grreeaatt.

#6 Posted by Wowlock (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are some great covers....my only concern though, I hope the quality of the covers carry on to the story...

#7 Posted by RoninLoganX (35 posts) - - Show Bio

I may be wrong, but that Frenzy cover looks as though she's punching Cyclops.

#8 Posted by Mach_ (208 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wowlock said:

Those are some great covers....my only concern though, I hope the quality of the covers carry on to the story...

Agreed.
#9 Posted by notarandomguy (315 posts) - - Show Bio

WAS THAT MS. MARVEL WITH THE PF? FTW!!

#10 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@notarandomguy said:

WAS THAT MS. MARVEL WITH THE PF? FTW!!

I think it's Binary Carol. An avatar of the Phoenix Force combating the Phoenix Force itself would be stupid.
#11 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@notarandomguy: No, that looks like Binary.

#12 Posted by Mercy_ (92080 posts) - - Show Bio

McGuiness and JR JR? Vomits.

#13 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like everyone will be getting a go using the phoenix force

#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: @TheGreyOutcastX: Pretty sure that it's PF, just like with the Iron Fist cover.

#15 Edited by feargalr (1123 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Colossus pounds Ben Grimm real good.

Also it looks like Black Widow has slipped on a banana skin

#16 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

Peeps may be gripin', but I be likin'.

Have to admit all the covers have been making me curious. The cover with Cap and the Phoenix Force is really wild and intense. All the covers are beautiful but that one just makes me go..whoa.

#17 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men vs Avengers would make for a good video game weeeeeee!

#18 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress: There was a Phoenix Symbol on his chest though on that Cover. You don't see any of that on Carol's Warbird suit.

#19 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: No way it's the Phoenix Force. I'm guessing it's Binary and they're fighting on Attilan. 
#20 Posted by tximinoman (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Binary.

Actaully, just for that, they have won me.

#21 Posted by Mercy_ (92080 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr said:

I hope Colossus pounds Ben Grimm real good.

Doubt this match up is even going to happen. Covers (and teasers) are notoriously misleading.

@TheGreyOutcastX: You, sir, are correct.

#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O said:

Peeps may be gripin', but I be likin'.

Have to admit all the covers have been making me curious. The cover with Cap and the Phoenix Force is really wild and intense. All the covers are beautiful but that one just makes me go..whoa.

Not just Cap. Cyclops and Wolverine as well
#23 Posted by Mercy_ (92080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: You're riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, I think O_o

#24 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9858 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap, Wolvy, and Cyck are definitely regretting their lives right now in that cover

#25 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: Well, it's certainly not any city on 616 Earth, that much I know. The buildings look distinctly sci-fi, and my guess would be that Thor and Binary are sent to launch a preemptive strike on the PF before it reaches Earth/assist Black Bolt, assuming he hasn't already bailed.
#26 Posted by Mercy_ (92080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@The Dark Huntress: Well, it's certainly not any city on 616 Earth, that much I know. The buildings look distinctly sci-fi, and my guess would be that Thor and Binary are sent to launch a preemptive strike on the PF before it reaches Earth/assist Black Bolt, assuming he hasn't already bailed.

I actually completely agree with this, especially after what we saw of the PF in the Point One issue.

#27 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@Illuminatus said:

I actually completely agree with this, especially after what we saw of the PF in the Point One issue.

What happened in the issue?
#28 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: Phoenix solo'ed a planet and Terrax. If you saw the preview for AvX, it connects as they talk about Nova who saw this and raced to Earth to tell them.

#29 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGreyOutcastX: OH, okay. I remember seeing it in my local shop but passing it up for Flash. Did Bendis write it?
#30 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: No, It was Loeb.

#31 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

wow...so im assuming colossus is going to be a big player in thsi event. so far ive already seen him fight 3 people in the previews lol thats good though i hope he pounds all those wuss avengers to the ground! GO X-MEN!!!!!

#32 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: Forgot to add, that Loeb wrote one of a few stories in it. Bendis did Ultron War, Yost did Scarlet Spider, Fraction did Defenders, and I forgot the last.

#33 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGreyOutcastX: Well, then I won't be picking it up. After Ultimatum, it takes a multitude of good reviews for me to even consider any of Loeb's work.
#34 Posted by WildValentine (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Binary Ms. Marvel returns. Yeah baby!

#35 Posted by pspin (886 posts) - - Show Bio

So Ms. Marvel's hair is the Phoenix Force... interesting, very interesting. That is definitely a new take.

#36 Edited by newxfactor (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Cyclops puking his eyeblasts??? :S

#37 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

The first one is cool the rest are meh at best

The one of the secret Avengers is really cool...

#38 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool: Yeah I reevaluate that one later but I was on an ipod so it was to much trouble to edit my post, it doesn't look as good on a small screen

#39 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

X-Men vs Avengers would make for a good video game weeeeeee!

Indeed.

#40 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, at least Binary is returning...

#41 Edited by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Would you read it? at the beginning I wasn't that coniviced, but this one looks cool, Heroes fighting, and in the middle of the trouble the real enemy appears... Reminds me WarCraft III trailer...

#42 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool: I don't play Warcraft but that's an awesome trailer. I do plan to pick up the main book, I was originolly planning to avoid all tie ins but at this point I think that the Secret Avengers tie ins at least look much more interesting than the what we've seen of the main story

#43 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

I don't play Warcraft but that's an awesome trailer.

I play Warcraft 3 I really love it, what I don't play is WoW...

I do plan to pick up the main book, I was originolly planning to avoid all tie ins but at this point I think that the Secret Avengers tie ins at least look much more interesting than the what we've seen of the main story

I have't read anything about it, as far as I know they are going to fight because the Phoenix Force would come back to earth and take Hope as it's host, the Avengers want to take her to avoid that, and Summers wants her to become the Host, Hope is like "F***K THAT" and goes away... But I haven't read the issues...

#44 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool: Yeah what you just described is what made me loose some interest, how cut and dry the preview (which seemed to be half the issue) was just kind of turned me off the idea, it doesn't seem like it's being handled all that well.

#45 Edited by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: I like the idea, The Mutants have lost a lot, the militaristic mind of Scott would see it as an advantage, and also as a new hope to his race, Hope never wanted to be the mutant messiah, and she doesn't know what is the Phoenix Force so, she leaving for answers is ok for me... Why do you think that is not being handled well?

#46 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool: It's reminded me of schism so far, not a bad idea but it's an ends to a means and writing will take a back seat to that means being reached. An example is how they're only looking at the militaristic aspects of Cyclops, sure it makes since that he would want that much power to help the mutant race but he's also had some really bad experiences with the phoenix and him quickly and completely deciding to use it ignores years of story telling. Like I said I don't think anything will be just outright wrong with it but I foresee Marvel conveniently forgetting or ignoring things in order to reach their goal as quickly as possible. It feels like it's going to be a very 1 dimensional story but when dealing with things like the phoenix force you know your cutting stuff out when it's that cut and dry. If this flops allot of people are going to act as if it was the worst thing ever when in reality I don't see this turning out worse than meh but I can't see it being great either

#47 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8752 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoboShark: I agree that looks the best out of all of them

#48 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Momma!! BINARY is Back?!

Sorry Benjy, your gonna get stomped by Petey my friend lol

#49 Posted by 1fearless1 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to Colossus? how did he get the Juggernaut's bucket to put on his head? And where is ol Juggy?

So confused. Haven't read X-men in a while

#50 Posted by Mjdemon (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim's Cover is amazing. i didnt even notice Cyclops until i looked harder lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.