Follow

Avengers vs. X-Men

Story arc »

Marvel Comics' 2012 event. As a repercussion from the events that took place in The Children's Crusade, Fear Itself, Schism, and X-Sanction, the Avengers and X-Men go to war over the return of the Phoenix Force.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

Edited By krspaceT

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 created a alt civil war story that was far more neutral for both sides: making each seem human.

Perhaps they could do it again

Avengers Vs. X-Men
    Avengers Vs. X-Men

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: Avengers vs X-Men. Like 2, it would have the option of choosing your side: and missions that would appear to allow you to possibly sway people to your side

Characters exclusive to the Avengers

Column HeadColumn HeadColumn HeadUnlockable Characters
    Captain AmericaHawkeyeThorShe Hulk
    Iron ManLuke CageThingVision
    Miss MarvelIron FistDoctor StrangeFalcon
    SpidermanRed HulkDaredevilMoon Knight
    Black WidowSpider WomanBlack PantherHank Pym

Characters exclusive to the X-Men

Column HeadColumn HeadColumn HeadUnlockable
    CyclopsGambitRogueCable
    NamorPsylockeHavokJubilee
    CollossusDominoMagnetoPixie
    MagikIcemanDangerShadowcat
    Emma FrostAngelCannonballSunfire

Characters capable of being on either team based on who your playig as

Column HeadColumn HeadColumn Head
    WolverineNovaAoA Nightcrawler
    BeastGreen HulkFirestar
    QuicksilverDeadpoolStorm
    Scarlet WitchHope SummersX-23

Secret Characters

Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch (Complete the game)

Wiccan, Hulking, Nico, Karolina (Save 50 citizens during missions)

Juggernaught, Sabertooth, Daken, Bishop, Mystique (Complete challenge mission to defeat 10 random X-Men)

Green Goblin, Sandman, Doctor Doom, Taskmaster, Punisher (Complete challenge mission to defeat 10 random Avengers)

Teams

Fantastic Four: Extinction Team: New Avengers: The Original Avengers: The Original X-Men: All New X-Men: House of Maximoff: Summers Family: Wolverine and the Kids: The Amazing Friends: Anti X-Squad: Anti-Spidey Squad, Female Fatale: ect

Outcomes:

Avengers: More or less a canon plot

X-Men: If you play as them, they retake Hope on the Moon where she ends up the Phoenix. The game then pretty much focuses from there on protect Hope and get Scarlet Witch to fix what she did

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#1  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

No thanks. The first one was awesome because the story was somewhat original.

The second one sucked... Well, there was a lot wrong with it, but following the Civil War story was its first problem.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I loved the first game. I beat it well over 5 times... Great game, good story, and a crapload of characters to play as.

The second one sucked, as Gambit said, basing it on Civil War was a bad idea. So I think basing the third off of Avengers vs. Xmen wouldnt be too good of an idea either.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

This could be awesome. I liked MUA 1 but LOVED MUA 2. An AvX focused story as you have broken down could be great. AvX wasn't the best arc but with some good tweaks it could be bad-a$$.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By z3ro180

could be good. Also very well thought out i tip my hat to you good sir

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Aeroman

I do like your idea and the final boss could be the phoenix entity or the phoenix five

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DanialCarroll

As cool as that would be, I think it would be even cooler to have an original story... and have Moon Knight in it :) (he was missing from MUA2)

eter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By eter

I think that if they decide to make a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, it should be with a plot not based in events of Marvel. I liked Ultimate Alliance 2, but in plot I prefer more Ultimate Alliance 1.

And please with the Wasp on the team, that would be awesome.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kid Apollo

either MUA3 or X-men Legends 3 and ill buy it. for a long time i've been thinking about how sweet it would be to use Shadowcat in the game (and im not even a big KP fan), its a little tricky, game mechanics of having someone walk through walls is tough to do. Cannonball is another favourite but he wasn't in any of the console games. if AvX was the story line i'd expect a massive playable roster, like 30 for each, plus a large background cast is a must. it would be cool like MUA2 if your on the Avenger's side you fight Phoenix Cyclops, if your on the X-men's side you fight Scarlet Witch. only problem i see is having to retool a lot of the premise, it'll be too hard to explain the No More Mutants thing.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By SoA

ult alliance 2 (and AvX goes without saying)suuuuuuuucked. bring back the rpg elements ,cinematic scenes, original story , unlockables , and overall fun of the first game and character models of the second(probably only upside next to hulk-ku) .

Avatar image for deactivated-5a830f8074f3a
    deactivated-5a830f8074f3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BiteMe-Fanboy:

agree the first one is way awesome than the second ,the roster is just not as great as the first one ,i was very disappointing when i didn't saw ghost rider , at first saw a guy with head on fire thought might be him but it was Jack-O-Latern...

Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool
    DarklyDreamingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this would be awsome. me and my girl played ultimate alliance 1 and 2 over and over again, though i liked part 2 more, but i missed the costume abilitys in it.

MadamFireblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MadamFireblade

If this were to ever be viable, they would need to make neutral heroes all mutants.

xMarvelLegendx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xMarvelLegendx

nooooo I think the whole idea of them fighting each other is stupid

DjBest02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By DjBest02

As much as I love the MUA series, I think they should go back to X-Men Legends. I love those games and their RPG style. I'm also more of an X-Men fan instead of Full Marvel. The reason I've been following the other comics is because they all seem interconnected. But anyways back on topic. I think the AvX game could work if made properly, but after seeing X-Men: Destiny, I'm not too positive.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.