It couldn't be more of a mismatch [Avengers vs. X-men]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow vs. Psylocke

Cover by Jim Cheung and art by John Romita Jr.

I'm starting to lose any hopes I had for this event ;(

#2 Posted by Saren (25890 posts) - - Show Bio

There's going to be so much PIS in this event, I don't even want to think about it.

#3 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless Shield has some type of a telepathy nulifier, Psylocke should stomp.

#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@WildStyle said:

Did you miss the cleavage?

#5 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

There's going to be so much PIS in this event, I don't even want to think about it.

The writers will be PISing all over fans.

How appropriate for Marvel of late.

#6 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@WildStyle said:

With John Romita Jr. on art, even that can't save this lol

#7 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrUnknown:

Also if you haven't noticed it looks like widow is missing everyshot and Psylocke is about to cut off her head... maybe it's working...

#8 Edited by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this isn't the cover for the first issue, it sucks. Also that looks like big ben in the background.

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how people are pretending the X-men and Avengers have never had fights before, sure this is the first time they made a whole event out of it but given the current state of Marvel this event won't be any more important than all the other minor skirmishes the various members of each team have had with eachother in the past

#10 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjoeg: It's either the first cover or some kind of tie-in. You can never have too many tie-ins.

#11 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read very many (if any) comics that didn't have PIS but people still keep reading and still keep complaining.

#12 Posted by Sir_Deadpool (461 posts) - - Show Bio

psylocke FTW!

#13 Posted by Billy Batson (58143 posts) - - Show Bio

Go Betsy.
BB

#14 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Romita jr? Damn. Bad bad bad.

#15 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: comic book fans will never stop complaining, even if a comic was put out that met all of our demands some people would just start bitching about it just being fan service

#16 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

Romita jr? Damn. Bad bad bad.

This
#17 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

The avengers have the two greatest weapon that the x-men don't have, the writers and plot device.

#18 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Manchine (4184 posts) - - Show Bio

Haters will always hate.

#20 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33885 posts) - - Show Bio
@moywar700 said:

The avengers have the two greatest weapon that the x-men don't have, the writers and plot device.

This 

Also people complain that Marvel are giving us crap then go right out and pay them to make more. You reap what yo sow.
#21 Posted by tjx_penn (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@WildStyle said:

hey-oh

#22 Edited by _Zombie_ (10454 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to keep saying this: I REFUSE to read this event. It's an idiotic idea that we do not need, and it will be chalk full of PIS.

#23 Posted by cattlebattle (12974 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZombieBigfoot said:

I'm going to keep saying this: I REFUSE, to read this event. It's an idiotic idea that we do not need, and it will be chalk full of PIS.

exactly, haven't the X-Men fought the Avengers like 30 times already anyway, I thought the X-men were suppose to be divided and against each other....Marvel, you silly rabbits
#24 Posted by _Zombie_ (10454 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

I'm going to keep saying this: I REFUSE, to read this event. It's an idiotic idea that we do not need, and it will be chalk full of PIS.

exactly, haven't the X-Men fought the Avengers like 30 times already anyway, I thought the X-men were suppose to be divided and against each other....Marvel, you silly rabbits

And my friends wonder why I keep considering dropping Marvel..

#25 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

#26 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- Marvel did have Black Widow defeat the entire New Warriors back in Contest of Champions II so the idea that Psylocke gets jobbed is not out of the realm of possibility

#27 Posted by sora_thekey (8178 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.