Is this Marvel's own Flashpoint to their own New 52?

#1 Posted by krspaceT (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I will say this up front.....I am not familiar with Marvel comics as well as I am with DC. however, I do know this, the Phoenix force is an force of Destruction and Rebirth. The force can restore the depleted Mutant Population, but it can also destroy the world. Hence why the Avengers want to keep it from gaining a host......correct me if I am wrong.

So what happens if the Phoenix Force destroys the universe of marvel, and in a Phoenix like turn, remakes it. I know DC has a sales edge due to the new 52...could this be how Marvel responds? Reset the Avengers, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, as to allow first time readers a chance?

As to the age of Ultron.......Justice League, or Avengers, need a powerful first foe after all.

#2 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

Dan Slott has already said that there isn't going to be a reboot.

#3 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

Dan Slott has already said that there isn't going to be a reboot.

#4 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Only way that the AvX event resembles New 52 is the digitization thing that's coming out with Marvel's so called "rEvolution" or however its spelled.

#5 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by krspaceT (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Now anyone?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.