Follow

Avengers vs. X-Men

Story arc »

Marvel Comics' 2012 event. As a repercussion from the events that took place in The Children's Crusade, Fear Itself, Schism, and X-Sanction, the Avengers and X-Men go to war over the return of the Phoenix Force.

Did the X-Men forget how to fight?

Hus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hus

I've been keeping up on all the AvsX & the AVX: VS, and even most of the individual tie-ins. It seems like the X-Men are getting worked and it sucks! My biggest example: How did Namor lose to Thing UNDERWATER!?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

Namors a chump, and Thing has handled him underwater in the past.....

The X-Men are likely losing due to some movie thats popular right now, I think its about super heroes......

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AweSam

@cattlebattle said:

Namors a chump, and Thing has handled him underwater in the past..... The X-Men are likely losing due to some movie thats popular right now, I think its about super heroes......
    No Caption Provided
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle
    @AweSam: Thats it!!.....

that movie actually looks more interesting
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By BatteredArmor

PIS my friend, PIS and Bendis

Hus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hus

hahaha...i guess you all are right.. too bad AvsX didn't come out with an X-Men movie in theaters.. case closed :(

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Kallarkz

This is just a popularity contest. 
    And so us fans don't complain about it in the future they wrote this whole crappy written script on the first page explaining how none of the fights will be canon.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@BlackArmor said:

This. Not so much Bendis as it is PIS.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kallarkz
    @BlackArmor said:

Bendis really doesn't get the credit he deserves. 
    He has had his failings but he has written and is currently writing some great stories.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Kallarkz said:

This is just a popularity contest. And so us fans don't complain about it in the future they wrote this whole crappy written script on the first page explaining how none of the fights will be canon.

What?

Where?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kallarkz
    @InnerVenom123 said:

@Kallarkz said:

This is just a popularity contest. And so us fans don't complain about it in the future they wrote this whole crappy written script on the first page explaining how none of the fights will be canon.

What?

Where?

it's on the back of the cover. Ill search for a scan. But it specifically says that these fights will not be part of continuity 
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Kallarkz said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Kallarkz said:

What?

Where?

it's on the back of the cover. Ill search for a scan. But it specifically says that these fights will not be part of continuity

That's f**king retarded.

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By soccersss

@Kallarkz said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Kallarkz said:

What?

Where?

o_o This's the first I'm hearing about this. Its at the back of the avengers vs x-men issues covers? I'd have to check my issues then

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kallarkz
    @soccersss said:

@Kallarkz said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Kallarkz said:

What?

Where?

o_o This's the first I'm hearing about this. Its at the back of the avengers vs x-men issues covers? I'd have to check my issues then

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Kallarkz said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Kallarkz said:

What?

Where?

That's f**king retarded.

Found the image: HERE
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BatteredArmor

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

Not so much Bendis as it is PIS.

There's a difference? I thought Bendis and PIS were synonyms, joking of course

@Kallarkz said:

Bendis really doesn't get the credit he deserves. He has had his failings but he has written and is currently writing some great stories.

seriously though Bendis does good work and he doesn't get allot of credit (even though who needs credit when Marvel puts that much.....faith, in you) Comic Vine specifically has a major distaste for the man. But to be fair as a general rule he's terrible on team and event books, I'd give him a shot at any solo series but if I see him on a team book I give him a chance then am forced to burn the issues before they corrupt the rest of my collection. I used to have some Ultimate Spiderman (Morales) and I still do, I used to have some of his Avengers but now I have a nice bond fire

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kallarkz
    @BlackArmor said:

@Kallarkz said:

Bendis really doesn't get the credit he deserves. He has had his failings but he has written and is currently writing some great stories.

seriously though Bendis does good work and he doesn't get allot of credit (even though who needs credit when Marvel puts that much.....faith, in you) Comic Vine specifically has a major distaste for the man. But to be fair as a general rule he's terrible on team and event books, I'd give him a shot at any solo series but if I see him on a team book I give him a chance then am forced to burn the issues before they corrupt the rest of my collection

That's true. 
    I'm really enjoying his Ultimate Spider-man run (even though it does need to slightly pick up the pace) as well as his Daredevil series. 
    But i'll admit as well that when he is placed on a team book...it's hard to compare that work with his titles of solo heroes. Big difference. 
    Hus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hus

@Kallarkz said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Kallarkz said:

What?

Where?

I've been reading the comics digitally & haven't noticed this disclaimer.. perhaps it's only on the physical prints..

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@BlackArmor said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

Not so much Bendis as it is PIS.

There's a difference? I thought Bendis and PIS were synonyms, joking of course

LOL Touche.

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By KDarkholme

I dont know but did She Hulk kill that boy who snuck up on her in AvX 4?

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By clemj
    @AweSam: THEY DID IT!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By poisonfleur

@AweSam said:

No Caption Provided

@cattlebattle said:

Namors a chump, and Thing has handled him underwater in the past..... The X-Men are likely losing due to some movie thats popular right now, I think its about super heroes......

EXACTLY!!! Thank you! I have been saying this for a while now!

@Hus: YES! I Agree with that as well!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.