Confirmed Fights

#1 Edited by Mercy_ (92074 posts) - - Show Bio

*Will be updated as I continue to go through solicits/more solicits come out

*AvX is NOT the main title. It is a six-issue mini that features one on one action

• Spider-Man vs Colossus (AvX #2)
  • Captain America vs Gambit (AvX #2)
  • Black Widow vs Magik (AvX #3)
  • Colossus vs Thing (AvX #3)
  • Colossonaut vs Red Hulk (UXM #11)
  • Iceman vs Red Hulk (WATXM #10)
  • Rogue vs Ms. Marvel (Legacy #269)
#2 Posted by _slim_ (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

Only fights that interest me so far is Cap vs Gambit and Iceman vs Red Hulk.

#3 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

I like the Captain America vs Gambit angle, not too surprised with the rest but UGH --- Rogue and Ms. Marvel?

Just, annoying to me, lol.

I'm sorry, Rogue vs Ms. Marvel is a great idea.

@The Dark Huntress said:

I'm interested in reading all three of those fights.

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: I.Hate.That. *Bashes head*

#5 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does spider-man always get the short end of the stick ?

#6 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9739 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

Agreed. I like Spidey vs Colossus too, though

#7 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@ReVamp said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

It'll suck TBH.

#8 Posted by SC (11930 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp:  Its just way too cliche and always ignores like years of continuity. Its like most writers who write the characters ignore the last 20 years of writing and just focus on their bridge fight. So I think potentially good idea too, but also stale and potentially regressive idea. Its basically an idea based on the hey look at us, we are so clever for making these characters fight because of something 20 years ago, hopefully the old school fans will dig it, well... except the old school fans who haven't read their stories past 1984 lol  Plus Gage can be iffy on his character backstories, so as far as writers that might actually not ignore past events? 

@lykopis said:

Hey --- at least Rogue is going up against the new Captain Marvel....(ducks tomatoes)

I hope that's not like - usually characters that are due for a bump or boost like to get momentum builds in comics -_- 

Last time Ms Marvel was getting a push and Rogue was involved - actually you already know. Wa train wreck. lol
#9 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9739 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@ReVamp said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

It'll suck TBH.

Agreed, but I'll probably enjoy it nonetheless haha

#10 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC: Eh, I'm not sure I agree. If they're going to be on opposing teams, then I think that it only makes sense to pair up characters that have history with each other.

#11 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Its not a promotion. Its a needless change of character that isn't going to do anything for Carol and isn't going to help her become the premiere heroine in the MU.

#12 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@lykopis: Its not a promotion. Its a needless change of character that isn't going to do anything for Carol and isn't going to help her become the premiere heroine in the MU.

I think only good writing and good comics can do that last part. Let's hope that happens.

#13 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27251 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said: 
I'm interested in reading all the fights in bold.....
#14 Posted by SC (11930 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@SC: Eh, I'm not sure I agree. If they're going to be on opposing teams, then I think that it only makes sense to pair up characters that have history with each other.

If the writer actually remembers that they history together apart from the first interaction the characters had with each other? You get what I mean now? Last time they fought in a story they didn't even bother to put Rogue in her correct uniform for the fight - that's how regressive it was lol - and it ignored the previous status quo. Its otherwise just pandering to nostalgia for the sake of pulling in that extra few readers. I won't dismiss it yet personally, but am really hoping history doesn't repeat itself. If Carey was writing, I could at least know its a writer who characters intimate history. So just weary.  
#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman vs Colossus? Why does everyone hate Spidey?

#16 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Spiderman vs Colossus? Why does everyone hate Spidey?

LOL

#17 Edited by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

Gee, really hard to predict who Marvel is going to have win this one. >.>

@ReVamp said:

As opposed to how Bendis is currently writing Carol (pretty much the equivalent of how he writes all women really)? Personally I'm stoked even at the effort.

#18 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

So it's basically, "lets see who can get their ass kicked by Colossus"?

#19 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to read Rogue vs Ms Marvel

#20 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman vs. Rulk? Seriously? An omega-level mutant with the potential to freeze the water molecules within someone's body and create an infinite number of ice constructs which he controls vs. a moderate powerhouse who can absorb energy and punch stuff...........really? F*cking Marvel.

#21 Posted by Aiden Cross (15510 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus is gonna be one busy guy..

#22 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

Man Colossus is reallly putting in some overtime

#23 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only person that wants to see the Spidey/Colossus fight, Parker has survived fighting other strong characters such Rhino, Hulk, Juggernaut, and recently Thing. He always has a way of thinking around his opponents, its not like he will just run in like an idiot fighting Colossus. This fight has a lot of potential if you ask me and could eventually set up a partnership between the two depending on how things end in the story arc.

#24 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE said:

As opposed to how Bendis is currently writing Carol (pretty much the equivalent of how he writes all women really)? Personally I'm stoked even at the effort.

Of course not, I simply stated that the identity change to Captain Marvel isn't going to do anything -- its not what's going to make her successful.

#25 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@Soulstealer said:

@ReVamp said:

I think only good writing and good comics can do that last part. Let's hope that happens.

I so agree with this. I hope they throw some good marketing as well at this.

Which is what I was getting at.

@SC said:

@ReVamp said:

If the writer actually remembers that they history together apart from the first interaction the characters had with each other? You get what I mean now? Last time they fought in a story they didn't even bother to put Rogue in her correct uniform for the fight - that's how regressive it was lol - and it ignored the previous status quo. Its otherwise just pandering to nostalgia for the sake of pulling in that extra few readers. I won't dismiss it yet personally, but am really hoping history doesn't repeat itself. If Carey was writing, I could at least know its a writer who characters intimate history. So just weary.

Yeah I get your point. But even if their past interactions wasn't expanded upon, I think the fight just makes sense.

#26 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

Gee, really hard to predict who Marvel is going to have win this one. >.>

You're right of course, but hey a man can hope can't he? lol

#27 Posted by Rickbarry (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm into every fight thusfar. Colossus seems to be a selling point, but maybe that's because he's really the only strongman on the X-men team.

Also, how is Bobby going to contend with Red Hulk? The guy is always hanging out in space so freezing him has gotta be out of the question.

#28 Posted by poisonfleur (2708 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

*Will be updated as I continue to go through solicits/more solicits come out

*AvX is NOT the main title. It is a six-issue mini that features one on one action

Rogue vs Ms. Marvel will be one of those ultimate grudge matches! I can't wait for it!

Although why does Red Hulk show up twice? Isn't once fair enough? I want everyone to get in on the action.

#29 Edited by chiq (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Magik vs Black widow? seriously? how is that even a match? armor (which can take hits from cl 100 demons), intangiblity, magic powers, teleportation, etc...a russian sorcerer supreme vs a russian spy? This is even a worse match up then wonderman vs widow. (still don't know how natsha beat simon in contest of champions 2) let's see illyana go up against strange or thor. (ss or earth vs ss of limbo or god vs hell lord)

Ironman vs mags should be good though, cap vs gambit too. namor vs thing? colossus vs thing? what are they thinking?

depowers the enchantress w/ one move and threatens to kill her

enchanted armor(shrugging of bullets from a battalion of soldiers) ports them to jail instantly.

healing and regen

astral and intangiblity

teleportation

#30 Edited by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: The most annoying part is that you just know Marvel is probably going to force Aaron's hand into writing Red Hulk a victory on that one.

Although Aaron has been showing Iceman is ready to unleash his potential, so we'll see. Logic should win, but this is Marvel we're talking about.

#31 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@jcbart said:

@Illuminatus: The most annoying part is that you just know Marvel is probably going to force Aaron's hand into writing Red Hulk a victory on that one.

Although Aaron has been showing Iceman is ready to unleash his potential, so we'll see. Logic should win, but this is Marvel we're talking about.

It doesn't even make sense that Rulk can even beat Bobby though. 
#32 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@jcbart said:

It doesn't even make sense that Rulk can even beat Bobby though.

I can see him BFRing him. Or destroying him, and Bobby taking some time to gather himself together and it counting as a "win".

#33 Posted by Daycrawler (550 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

Iceman vs. Rulk? Seriously? An omega-level mutant with the potential to freeze the water molecules within someone's body and create an infinite number of ice constructs which he controls vs. a moderate powerhouse who can absorb energy and punch stuff...........really? F*cking Marvel.

Why the hell not? It's gonna be a chaotic pitched battle so mis-matches will happen. Not every fight is going to be a perfect match power set wise. I'd be disappointed if it was. How good/believable it is depends on the writer, not the pairing. Beside's, it's a bit unfair to call Rulk a moderate powerhouse. Also, just cos Iceman has the advantage being omega-level powered doesn't mean he has the skill and control to pull it all off during a fight. Logan only recently asked Bobby to step up to the plate - i.e. stop dicking about an explore/refine your power. For the record though, I hope Iceman whups Rulks ass as he's an arrogant dick.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.