AvX/Avengers/New Avengers/Secret Avengers Reading Order

#1 Posted by MethodMan008 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey duders!

So I took about a month off of reading comics due to life being crazy and I'm starting to dig back into the Marvel books I have piling up..

So far I've read AvX 1, I've read up to issue 23 for Secret Avengers, issue 24 for The Avengers, and issue 23 for New Avengers..

What order should I be reading those books in to get the best experience? I've got like 10 new unread issues sitting here but I don't wanna get the story out of order.

Thank you based comicvine community! :D

#2 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

You can read them in whatever order you want

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Start with Avengers: Disassembled.
  • Then if you're still interested, read House of M next.
  • If you're positive that you'd like to continue, read X-Men: Decimation.
  • If you still like what you read, go into X-Men: Messiah Complex, Messiah War, and Second Coming.
  • If you're not tired of the events yet, go read Avengers: The Children's Crusade.
  • After the awesomeness of that event, you'll be ready for the crapfest that is AvX.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.