Follow

Avengers vs. X-Men

Story arc »

Marvel Comics' 2012 event. As a repercussion from the events that took place in The Children's Crusade, Fear Itself, Schism, and X-Sanction, the Avengers and X-Men go to war over the return of the Phoenix Force.

AVX VS: Your thoughts so far

illegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By illegal

Personally i think the writers are playing this to the strenght of the Avengers The Thing Defeats Namor in his elements,Spidey retreats Gambit is taken out by just one punch and Magneto is defeated in space. Really Marvel?

benjaminkch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By benjaminkch

Yeah Namor should have won, and Magneto is a team buster!!! there is zero reason why he should have lost.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By XsPectre28

the x-men have grown to be too powerful over the years i mean "Mutants will herald the New Celestials" YES I SAID IT WHY ELSE ARE THE X-MEN DEALING WITH THE CELESTIALS REAL HEAVY ALL OF A SUDDEN.... FRANKLIN & JEAN WERE THE FIRST AMONGST MUTANTS TO ASCEND TO TRUE GOD-LIKE POWER IM THINKING MORE MUTANTS WILL FOLLOW AKA THE MEANING OF THE TWELVE- 12 MUTANTS WILL EVOLVE IN POWER & REPLACE THE CURRENT CELESTIALS & THE WHOLE UNIVERSE IS INVOLVED IN A SEMI-CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY MUTANTS TO NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN. YES I SAID IT & I COINED IT AS OF 6-2-2012 SO IF IT HAPPENS IN COMICS I WANT MY CUT LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL..... MARVEL I NEED A JOB & YALL NEED NEW FACES ON YALL STORY PANEL~ D.J.RICHARDSON

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tomchu

@XsPectre28: lol

@illegal: Two things I don't get it.

a) Namor loses to The Thing IN WATER!! I mean, he's the king of god damn Atlantis, he is probably stronger in water right?

b) Magneto, master of MAGNETISM, loses to a guy made or IRON. I know Marvel pulled the deus ex macina rubbish by saying he's wearing Carbon Fibre, but c'mon, if someone throws a tower on you while you're wearing carbon fibre, Im pretty sure you'd get squashed.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By poisonfleur

Magneto should have Won. I agree.

As long as Storm beats black panther, (Which isn't even an accomplishment...) I will be fine..

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By AgeofHurricane

At least Magik won Dr. Strange while simultaneously embarassing him infront of his fellow Avengers. If she even loses to BW while in Limbo, well....LOL. (Wouldn't be suprising considering BW was in the Avengers movie).

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7  Edited By lorex

Marvel is all about the Avengers right now, so it dosent take a genius to to see the edge the editors/writers are giving the Avengers over the X-Men. There is no way in hell the Thing should be able to beat Namor underwater. Also I agree that Magneto should not have lost to Iron Man. Magneto's power does not just come from within but he can use the strength of the Earths Maginetic field. While it is true that the Iron Man armor is not made of Iron or ferious metals anymore but the electro magnetic manipulation Magnetos powers grant him should have allowed him to overcome Irom Man.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oraclefyre

Marvel is really pushing it. I say they give us what we want, fun yet logical fights, not all these last minute back-up plans in fights. Honestly the whole thing is doing my head in.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

The fights definitely have PIS and WIS, epsecially Thing vs Namor and Gambit vs Cap. The way he pinned Namor with the giant teeth was ridiculous let alone doing so in Namor's element. Thing should have been KO'd IMO.

Gambit vs Cap was PIS and WIS. Though I tink Cap is a superior fighter to Gambit in both skill and physicality, I think Remy's fighting skills were under-written and he should definitely have been able to take more than one punch, and I don't see how Cap easily handle his uniform exploding and was not knocked unconcious or at least stunned.

Magneto vs Iron Man I think was done fairly well, considering Tony's intellect, ingenuity, and foreknowledge of who he would be taking on. He didn't defeat Magneto by overpowering him, which I think would be WIS.

Spider-Man vs Colossus was done well also IMO.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By SavageDragon

Magik vs Doctor Strange. Daredevil vs Danger. Psylock vs Black Widow should all land in the X-mens favor. That being said so far the story is ok. Nothing special but I think next couple issue will really pick up the story. So far the art has been alright as well nothing spectacular but not awful as so many viners think. Hopefully when its all said an done it will live up to Civil War, Second Coming, Secret Invasion and Siege.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By poisonfleur

Storm Vs Black Panther

I am not pleased.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: yay storm won but what r black panther's powers?????

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Nudeviking
    No Caption Provided

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

She didn't win. Black Panther knocked her out.

LitosWay357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By LitosWay357

smh at this WHOLE story

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By poisonfleur

@Nudeviking said:

No Caption Provided

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

She didn't win. Black Panther knocked her out.

This event might just be the worst moment for Storm & Magneto.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AvX < waterboarding

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nudeviking

@poisonfleur: I don't really see anything all that wrong with what Mags is doing or saying in those particular panels.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By poisonfleur

@Nudeviking: Not these panels in particular. But the event so far as a whole.

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nudeviking

@poisonfleur: Except getting beat by Iron Man he hasn't really done anything else except tell Cyclops that he was acting like old school Magneto. Surely there are worse Magneto storylines than this.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By poisonfleur

@Nudeviking said:

@poisonfleur: Except getting beat by Iron Man he hasn't really done anything else except tell Cyclops that he was acting like old school Magneto. Surely there are worse Magneto storylines than this.

Probably. I just really like Storm, Magneto, and... old school Rogue. So I am a bit disappointed that my favs are getting mollywhopped by heroes that I never thought could beat them.

dadeisvenm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dadeisvenm

I'm REALLY trying to give Marvel a reason to take my money and every month I'm disappointed at their efforts. When everyone was pissed that Mile Morales was unveiled as Spider-man, I was certain Peter Parker was going to make his way back into the universe and viola... it happened. I heard whispers that AvX would get me back in to Marvel comics and after reading the first two issues, I'm certain I can wait until the end of the year to pick up a trade paperback when it's all said and done.

The story and art are weak. The battles are nonsensical. Juggernaut-Colossus should have made short work for the Hulk. How the hell is the Thing and Luke Cage beating Namor? As vast as the Xmen fort is, how the hell did the Avengers beat the Xmen to the room where Hope was in? And for the love of God, why is it that no one EVER secures the sewer systems?

Garbage.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.