Follow

Avengers vs. X-Men

Story arc »

Marvel Comics' 2012 event. As a repercussion from the events that took place in The Children's Crusade, Fear Itself, Schism, and X-Sanction, the Avengers and X-Men go to war over the return of the Phoenix Force.

Avengers vs X-men summary

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tahmidk

this is a good summary i found on ign by a commenter whos name escapes me, however i agree with it 100%

Bulletpoints of this whole mini-series:

-Cyclops wants hope to get Phoenix

-Avengers try to kill hope so she doesn't get Phoenix

-Hope almost gets Phoenix, but Avengers do something to mess it up and cause the Phoenix Five

-Phoenix Five start doing wonderful things for the world

-Avengers don't think the Five should do these things and attack them

-Provoked the Five go after the Avengers

-"Namor" goes goes crazy, not others yet

-even though Namor was the only one who really did anything wrong it now unites the rest of the xmen with the avengers

-trying to basically kill the other four they give more power to Cyclops who still has it somewhat together till the Xavier attack

-cyclops goes Dark Phoenix and gets defeated and Hope receives the Phoenix just like Cyclops wanted

-the Five are now completely blamed for their actions even though it is nearly impossible to control the power of the Phoenix, even though the only reason they had the power was because of the Avengers

-Mutants are back because Hope received the Phoenix and made the right choice just like Cyclops thought she would

-Cyclops is locked away by Captain America even though he was under the influence of the Phoenix because of Cap

-cap acts like Cyclops is a horrible villain

I mean no Avenger has ever killed someone while under the influence of someone's control.

Oh wait Bucky was an assassin for 50 years and that was all fine and dandy by Cap

This is absurd that Cyclops is looked at as a villain and Captain America is a sanctimonious a$$hole!!

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fodigg

Yeah, pretty much.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By John Valentine
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Chaos Burn

yep, Marvel had a good idea but let the success of the Avengers film force them into making the Avengers look like the heroes, and heroes need a villain... Cap has it so backward, but the good thing about Marvel having almost no continuity now means that this will be forgotten in a few issues... remember Fear Itself? no one else does

Vermoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vermoot

Come on, that's so elusive. You don't even mention Cyclops killing Chuck !

-Avengers never wanted to kill Hope.

-Hope wouldn't have use the Phoenix as she did if it weren't for Wanda.

-Hope would have been killed by the Phoenix if it weren't for the avengers and Ku'n L'un training

-Cyclops had been warned from the beginning that the Phoenix Force would cause damage. He didn't care and kept going like he was too badass to fail.

-If the Avengers took Hope right in the beginning (if "The Great Cyclops" didn't fight cap to start with), they would have not kille Hope but they would have trained her, just like the eventually did. And that's what made her able to do the right thing in the end.

-I know you're gonna give me the "Cap brought an army to Utopia before Cyclops started fighting". He never meant to use it !! It's like Wolverine or Rulk said : Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. They were prepared for a fight if Cyclops ever started one. But they never wanted to fight !

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6  Edited By lorex
    @tahmidk said:

this is a good summary i found on ign by a commenter whos name escapes me, however i agree with it 100%

Bulletpoints of this whole mini-series:

-Cyclops wants hope to get Phoenix

-Avengers try to kill hope so she doesn't get Phoenix

-Hope almost gets Phoenix, but Avengers do something to mess it up and cause the Phoenix Five

-Phoenix Five start doing wonderful things for the world

-Avengers don't think the Five should do these things and attack them

-Provoked the Five go after the Avengers

-"Namor" goes goes crazy, not others yet

-even though Namor was the only one who really did anything wrong it now unites the rest of the xmen with the avengers

-trying to basically kill the other four they give more power to Cyclops who still has it somewhat together till the Xavier attack

-cyclops goes Dark Phoenix and gets defeated and Hope receives the Phoenix just like Cyclops wanted

-the Five are now completely blamed for their actions even though it is nearly impossible to control the power of the Phoenix, even though the only reason they had the power was because of the Avengers

-Mutants are back because Hope received the Phoenix and made the right choice just like Cyclops thought she would

-Cyclops is locked away by Captain America even though he was under the influence of the Phoenix because of Cap

-cap acts like Cyclops is a horrible villain

I mean no Avenger has ever killed someone while under the influence of someone's control.

Oh wait Bucky was an assassin for 50 years and that was all fine and dandy by Cap

This is absurd that Cyclops is looked at as a villain and Captain America is a sanctimonious a$$hole!!

I agree with most of what you said though the Avengers did not want to kill Hope they wanted to bring her into protective custody which give the power of the Phoenix force is incredible stupid. It was Wolverine that wanted to kill Hope.

No Caption Provided
    The cartoon pretty much sums up my feelings about avengers vs x-men. Wish I knew who created it, so I could give them proper credit.
    tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tahmidk

i swear this event was written by complete avengers fanboys, that issue of avs with gambit vs captain america was so stupid and just screamed cap fangirl fanfiction

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crimsonlord53

So great the marvel U is now more united but it's fans are father apart then ever. Well done marvel the fanboy fights in the comic shops are gonna be tiresome for the near future.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9  Edited By x_29

Summary: Cyclops was right.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10  Edited By McKlayn

@Vermoot said:

Come on, that's so elusive. You don't even mention Cyclops killing Chuck !

-Avengers never wanted to kill Hope.

-Hope wouldn't have use the Phoenix as she did if it weren't for Wanda.

-Hope would have been killed by the Phoenix if it weren't for the avengers and Ku'n L'un training

-Cyclops had been warned from the beginning that the Phoenix Force would cause damage. He didn't care and kept going like he was too badass to fail.

-If the Avengers took Hope right in the beginning (if "The Great Cyclops" didn't fight cap to start with), they would have not kille Hope but they would have trained her, just like the eventually did. And that's what made her able to do the right thing in the end.

-I know you're gonna give me the "Cap brought an army to Utopia before Cyclops started fighting". He never meant to use it !! It's like Wolverine or Rulk said : Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. They were prepared for a fight if Cyclops ever started one. But they never wanted to fight !

-Ok so they didn't want to kill her? What plan did they have because they forgot to share with the rest of the Marvel U or the X men for that matter. I mean its not like by them taking her into custody the phoenix would of be like "aw shucks the avengers have her i can't come now"

-Maybe not to begin with but if she could of control it like Rachel did (and she was controlling it herself) it could be assumed she would of at least not caused the damage the phoenix 5 eventually did

-LOL yea those 3 days in Ku'n L'un was exactly what she was missing! Not like she was raised and jumped through space and time preparing for it or anything

-it wasn't like he didn't care, but how many times had the X men fought the Phoenix before? Alot and how many times have the avengers? None, yea i think they could handle it

-im sorry you bring an army to some one front door you mean to use it if they say no, Cap never gave him the option of No thus he meant to use it. They didn't want to fight they wanted cyclops to bend over and take it like a bitch. It was a terrible lack of trust from the avengers especially when you consider how much faith the X men put in the Avengers by letting them (without having to fight) 'deal' with the Scarlet witch a few years ago, that ended up with the Avengers failing miserabley i might add and 'No More Mutants' happened, yet it was the avengers that didn't trust the X men to take care of them (or they didn't even volunteer to work with them, they said GIVE US HOPE WE HANDLE THIS. I was waiting for cyclops to say like you handled wanda lol) when it should of been the other way around, instead cyclops said he would handle it and asked him politely to get off his island.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By BatteredArmor

pretty much sums it up

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ssejllenrad

@John Valentine said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Cykes was right during Schism. Cykes was right during AvX. Cykes should blast the head of Rogers off.

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nightcrawler23

Why is Magneto being hunted, again?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By TheCrowbar

@lorex said:

I agree with most of what you said though the Avengers did not want to kill Hope they wanted to bring her into protective custody which give the power of the Phoenix force is incredible stupid. It was Wolverine that wanted to kill Hope.

No Caption Provided
    The cartoon pretty much sums up my feelings about avengers vs x-men. Wish I knew who created it, so I could give them proper credit.

HAHAHA Yes.

KarachiRiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KarachiRiot

Also they just forgave Scarlet Witch for committing genocide? Cap claims she will answer for those crimes, but instead of punishing her they just let her live with the knowledge, and then make her an Avenger so she can work off her crime? Lol wut. Also the the only reason they gave her a chance is because she was key to them in the war, if she didn't have any use they would have been shouting mutant scum while stoning her.

Whats more hilarious is this is all happening while they hunt the members of the Extinction Team like they are the worlds worst criminals, when a psycho genocidal maniac is made a member of their 'elite' squad.

AvX reeks of fanboyism and in the end has really just made the Avengers seem even more bigoted than ever. They'll do anything they want as long it suits they warped motives, no matter the cost or harm.

*side note - The whole Cap vs Gambit ordeal was beyond cringe worthy.

CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By McKlayn

@KarachiRiot said:

Also they just forgave Scarlet Witch for committing genocide? Cap claims she will answer for those crimes, but instead of punishing her they just let her live with the knowledge, and then make her an Avenger so she can work off her crime? Lol wut. Also the the only reason they gave her a chance is because she was key to them in the war, if she didn't have any use they would have been shouting mutant scum while stoning her.

Whats more hilarious is this is all happening while they hunt the members of the Extinction Team like they are the worlds worst criminals, when a psycho genocidal maniac is made a member of their 'elite' squad.

AvX reeks of fanboyism and in the end has really just made the Avengers seem even more bigoted than ever. They'll do anything they want as long it suits they warped motives, no matter the cost or harm.

*side note - The whole Cap vs Gambit ordeal was beyond cringe worthy.

CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT.

GOD yes i was sooo pissed when i read that, and freaking Ironman beating magneto WTF

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By McKlayn

OH and Thing beating Namor "UNDER WATER!"

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tahmidk

I hope marvel get some REAL x men writers, and not avrngers fanboys

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @tahmidk said:
    I hope marvel get some REAL x men writers, and not avrngers fanboys
    Me too!
    imperial90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By imperial90

@McKlayn:

Obviously Squirrel Girls fault :p

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cattlebattle
    @McKlayn said:

OH and Thing beating Namor "UNDER WATER!"

He has actually done that more than once....
    x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#22  Edited By x_29

Summary:

Cap- We takin Hope

Scott- No

Cap- MORTAL KOMBAT

*Avengers and X-men fight*

Meanwhile...

Tony- Thank god Rob Liefeild built this big ol gun for us. KAMEHAMEHA!!!!

* Shoots and hits Phoenix, thus creating the jackson five *

Obama- The X-men are bringing hope and change to the entire country. THAT IS MY SLOGAN/GOAL!! Without stuff to change, I might lose against Romney this year. Go Cap.

Cap- Hey Summers, YOU GOIN TO JAIL NOW!!!

* Avengers Vs X-men fight*

Tony- I GOT IT! We need a redhead who's only purpose is to serve as a plot device in order to defeat them. Don't we have one? Oh yeah, Hope.

Iron Fist: We can take her to my homeland which may or may not be integral to our mission.

Tony: Is she going to learn how to control Moltres?

Iron Fist- Yea...not really.

*Later*

Xavier: Scott, you must stop this.

Scott- Do not tell me what to do, you are not my father!

Xavier- No, I AM YOUR FATHER!!

Scott- That is the 14th lie you have told!!

* Cyke kills Xavier *

Cap- Cyclops, you are under arrest for...for...

Scott- Optic blasts of doom!

Hope uses Dragon Punch. Its super effective! Scott is whited out.

Hope- I now have the phoenix and can use it to give birth to more mutants and...

Scarlet Witch: You need my help. You cannot accomplish this without me.

Hope- No I think I can...

Scarlet Witch- Trust me ( Now I can get away with the whole "mutant genocide" fully scott free now.)

*Phoenix go bye bye*

Cap- So Scott, what have we learn from all of this?

Scott- Cyclops was right!

THE END

mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By mgrman5

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.