Follow

Avengers vs. X-Men

Story arc »

Marvel Comics' 2012 event. As a repercussion from the events that took place in The Children's Crusade, Fear Itself, Schism, and X-Sanction, the Avengers and X-Men go to war over the return of the Phoenix Force.

Avengers Vs. X-Men Movie

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By council elite
    Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Blood1991

Please No..........

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By council elite

@Blood1991 said:

Please No..........

why do you say that? lol

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Blood1991

To many characters, to much back story to be done well, and it would make the X-Men look bad.

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By council elite

@Blood1991 said:

To many characters, to much back story to be done well, and it would make the X-Men look bad.

how so? i think most of what has happened so far is the avengers fault.

Pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pacperson

too many reasons to list why this wouldn't work and can't happen...

But the most important reason is the movie rights....

Avengers= Marvel

X-men=Fox

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By _Zombie_

Hael naw.

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By council elite

@Pacperson said:

too many reasons to list why this wouldn't work and can't happen...

But the most important reason is the movie rights....

Avengers= Marvel

X-men=Fox

movie companies have let other studios use some of their characters for a certain percentage of the profit before, so its not really that unlikely.

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Hael naw.

why's that?

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By _Zombie_

@council elite:

• I hate AVX like the plague. I don't want anything spawning from this story.
    • Fox owns the rights to the X-Men. If you think they'll let Marvel use it for 'a percentage of the profits', you don't know them well enough. They're greedy, and have a death-grip on those rights.
    • There is nowhere near enough buildup in the movie universe for this to be plausible. The Avengers have had literally no contact with the X-Men, and therefore have no reason to go after them. They most likely wouldn't blindly listen to Nick Fury if he decided to send them after the X-Men.
    • If I'm correct, the first three X-movies are no longer canon, meaning the phoenix force has not yet surfaced, and Jean Grey hasn't even been encountered by the X-Men in the first place. The PF is an integral part of AVX.
    • Most of the X-Men in AVX haven't been re-introduced in the First Class canon yet.
    • Marvel already has a clear plan with the Avengers. If they had plans to make an AVX movie, they would of included it in these plans. I've seen no indication that they have, considering they appear to be setting up an Infinity Gauntlet-esque storyline.
    council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By council elite

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@council elite:

• Fox owns the rights to the X-Men. If you think they'll let Marvel use it for 'a percentage of the profits', you don't know them well enough. They're greedy, and have a death-grip on those rights.
    • There is nowhere near enough buildup in the movie universe for this to be plausible. The Avengers have had literally no contact with the X-Men, and therefore have no reason to go after them. They most likely wouldn't blindly listen to Nick Fury if he decided to send them after the X-Men.
    • If I'm correct, the first three X-movies are no longer canon, meaning the phoenix force has not yet surfaced, and Jean Grey hasn't even been encountered by the X-Men in the first place. The PF is an integral part of AVX.
    • Most of the X-Men in AVX haven't been re-introduced in the First Class canon yet.
    • Marvel already has a clear plan with the Avengers. If they had plans to make an AVX movie, they would of included it in these plans. I've seen no indication that they have, considering they appear to be setting up an Infinity Gauntlet-esque storyline.

you make alot of valid points, but it doesn't have to be made anytime soon, nor does it have to be based on the avx comics. comic movies aren't that accurate as far as staying true to the core material most of the time anyway...

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Zombie_

@council elite: Regardless, it's a miracle that a team film was pulled off. Two teams fighting would be damn near impossible to pull off without it collapsing into a total mess.

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By council elite

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@council elite: Regardless, it's a miracle that a team film was pulled off. Two teams fighting would be damn near impossible to pull off without it collapsing into a total mess.

that makes alot of sense. i guess i didn't think about it like that until you just mentioned it. still i think there's potential in the concept.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _Zombie_

@council elite: I can't say I am. I respect that you are, but I'm not optimistic in the slightest about such an idea.

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By council elite

@council elite said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

that makes alot of sense. i guess i didn't think about it like that until you just mentioned it. still i think there's potential in the concept.

ya, i see where your coming from. i always respect opposing opinions as long as they're back up with valid points like yours.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

So... the whole point of the video was "hey, this would be a cool idea, but we know that legally it's terribly unlikely."

As for would I want an X-Men vs Avengers movie? No, that's not something that would interest me.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By TheCrowbar

Anyone thinking the speaker looked like a skinned chicken. Or a bored chicken.

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By council elite

@k4tzm4n said:

So... the whole point of the video was "hey, this would be a cool idea, but we know that legally it's terribly unlikely."

hahahahahaha ya basically...

but you gotta admit, it is a cool idea lol.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By moywar700

an animated movie cartoon is possible.

A live action movie isn't happening

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Madame_Mist

Could be a good episode for an animation series, but for live-action? No. Too many characters.

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By council elite

i wouldn't rule the possibility out completely. all of the parties involved could capitalize on the huge buzz from the avx name.

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By council elite

@moywar700 said:

an animated movie cartoon is possible.

A live action movie isn't happening

i actually think that would be even better.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#22  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

No.

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By council elite

@War Killer said:

No.

why?

ogarza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ogarza

The farthest Marvel will probably go with this would be an animated comic like Astonishing X-men or Spider-Woman: Agent of S.W.O.R.D. I was about to mention Extremis but it would be a bad example because Marvel is going to use this story arc for the next Iron-Man 3 movie coming up I think next year?

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By council elite

@ogarza said:

The farthest Marvel will probably go with this would be an animated comic like Astonishing X-men or Spider-Woman: Agent of S.W.O.R.D. I was about to mention Extremis but it would be a bad example because Marvel is going to use this story arc for the next Iron-Man 3 movie coming up I think next year?

i think an animated film would be better than a live-action movie anyway.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @council elite said:

@War Killer said:

No.

why?

Too many characters, too big of a plot, and the story would be all over the place. While the idea would get people excited and hyped up to go see it, I'm afraid it would simply end up being a huge mess.

I mean if Marvel can't even tell the story in one contained series and must have a whole other tie-in series to explain some of the story, then there's no way they could somehow contain the whole story in a two-hour and half movie, at least not in a way that would do justice to the characters and the fans.

Ultimately it would be disappointing and really does not need to be done. There are plenty of better stories that are much more suited for movie adaptation anyways and would work a lot better within the movieverse.

@council elite said:

@ogarza said:

I agree with this and actually believe an animated film would work a lot better than a love action one. Really I think Marvel should start doing animated movies based on a lot of their storylines, there are plenty of Avengers, X-Men, and Fantastic Four stories that could easily be adapted into an animated movie and would probably work much better than if they tried to make them in live action.
    council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By council elite

@War Killer said:

@council elite said:

@War Killer said:

No.

why?

Too many characters, too big of a plot, and the story would be all over the place. While the idea would get people excited and hyped up to go see it, I'm afraid it would simply end up being a huge mess.

I mean if Marvel can't even tell the story in one contained series and must have a whole other tie-in series to explain some of the story, then there's no way they could somehow contain the whole story in a two-hour and half movie, at least not in a way that would do justice to the characters and the fans.

Ultimately it would be disappointing and really does not need to be done. There are plenty of better stories that are much more suited for movie adaptation anyways and would work a lot better within the movieverse.

@council elite said:

@ogarza said:

I agree with this and actually believe an animated film would work a lot better than a love action one. Really I think Marvel should start doing animated movies based on a lot of their storylines, there are plenty of Avengers, X-Men, and Fantastic Four stories that could easily be adapted into an animated movie and would probably work much better than if they tried to make them in live action.

it doesn't have to be based specifically on the avx comic. they could write an original script that pits the two teams against each other.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @council elite said:

@War Killer said:

@council elite said:

@War Killer said:

No.

why?

@council elite said:

@ogarza said:

it doesn't have to be based specifically on the avx comic. they could write an original script that pits the two teams against each other.

True, but that's still a lot of characters to put into a movie. I fear that in the end it just would end being a confusing mess and still would not able to do the characters or the fans justice.

That's why I agree with the animated movie idea, as I believe that would work where in a live action movie I don't.
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By TDK_1997

No.Please no...

NyxEquitis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NyxEquitis

@War Killer said:

No.

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By council elite

@War Killer: ya thats a good point.

ogarza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ogarza

lets just hope marvel doesnt make a Frog-Man movie

dvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dvader

The solution is simple: If they know it will make money for the big studios then it will get done. They can care less about having a coherent story for all the characters.

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By council elite

@dvader said:

The solution is simple: If they know it will make money for the big studios then it will get done. They can care less about having a coherent story for all the characters.

& the casual fans get bad-ass action scenes, while hardcore fans like us just get the pleasure of seeing ppl dressed up like all our favorite characters in the same movie lmaooo

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By PurpleCandy

Taking variables into consideration, an Avengers sequel released to soon (give it 3 years at least) will not sell nearly close to Avengers film of this year. I know how box office works, but I'm no genius. Avengers vs. X-Men might be good but since on the big scree most people see them both as good guys so it would be like. Avengers we gotta fight the X-Men, and X-Men we need to fight the Avengers. Then at the end it will be like, oh wait your good guys too I guess were friends now by. In retrospect at least, I just cant imagine an Avengers vs. X-Men, selling all that much it might make half the profit of the Avengers film but thats it.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WARLOCK2792

........................this is the last thing we need...........ever

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By council elite

@White Mage said:

lol why do you think that?!

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@council elite said:

@White Mage said:

lol This would truly be THE MOST FORCED movie Marvel has ever produced......and that is saying a LOT

I'm thinking X3 times -40

And I also feel that it would be a fans worst nightmare, as it would never give people the ability to REALLY see the motives behind each character........Hell, we're struggling enough with these character motives in the comic book version, and we've been exposed to these characters for years.

This is the type of ish that I would watch with my father and brother, then have to explain for the entire trip home.

Especially since they already botched Phoenix's entire LIFE.

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By council elite

@White Mage said:

@council elite said:

@White Mage said:

lol This would truly be THE MOST FORCED movie Marvel has ever produced......and that is saying a LOT

And I also feel that it would be a fans worst nightmare, as it would never give people the ability to REALLY see the motives behind each character........Hell, we're struggling enough with these character motives in the comic book version, and we've been exposed to these characters for years.

This is the type of ish that I would watch with my father and brother, then have to explain for the entire trip home.

ya but the thing is that an avx movie would almost definitely not be based on the avx comics...

they'd just write a completely different situation in which the 2 teams would be pitted against each other.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@council elite said:

@White Mage said:

@council elite said:

@White Mage said:

ya but the thing is that an avx movie would almost definitely not be based on the avx comics...

they'd just write a completely different situation in which the 2 teams would be pitted against each other.

..................That makes me like it even less. lol

What's next?

Mutants fighting to protect Wanda Maximoff because Destiny (who was never introduced in the films) had a vision of a mutant messiah witch?........slap me with a deli meat

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@council elite: Like that other dude said, I would watch an animated version though

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By poisonfleur

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@council elite:

LMAO! Ain't that the truth. Fox is a pretty shady company.. I don't approve of how they handle a LOT of things.

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By council elite

so i guess the majority of the CV community is somewhat against an AVX movie lol...

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#44  Edited By krspaceT

@council elite: Perhaps it would be better suited as an Marvel series show. Say you have a season or two with the two teams getting tense, then KABOOM!

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#45  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

The only way it would be brilliant is Live action (assuming you forget rights) but in a tv series but on a big budget

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46  Edited By PurpleCandy

@Madame_Mist said:

Could be a good episode for an animation series, but for live-action? No. Too many characters.

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By council elite

@White Mage: ya, they should just make an animated movie...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.