Avengers vs. X-Men: Battle Strategy

#1 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

By now, everyone knows whats going down between the x-men and the avengers. If you were Cyclops, who would you send to battle? Where would they be? Who are they after? What are they doing? Coordinate a strategy that could effectivley put down the avengers. You can use anyone on Cyclop's side of regenisis. Feel free to poke holes in other peoples plans. Be sure to count all of the avengers assets.

#2 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on this Pic Cyke's strategy

Cyclops vs. Black Widow

Storm vs. Spiderman and Hawkeye

Magneto vs. Iron Man

Colossus vs. Rulk

Namor vs. Beast

Emma vs. Wolverine

This should provide a quick victory

#3 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

Using the pics' Avengers... I would place:

Captain America vs Namor

Black Widow vs Domino

Wolverine vs Cyclops... (just to see another fight together)

Rulk vs Colossus

Spiderman vs Storm

Hawkeye vs Hope

Iron Man vs Magneto (good match)

Beast vs Warpath

#4 Edited by chiq (1899 posts) - - Show Bio

I would tell magik to teleport them all to limbo where her power is absolute and she is immortal. once there use her powers to block limbo to prevent any avenger who can teleport from escaping. Then would proceed to slaughter them by over running them with demon armies, time manipulation, matter manipulation, hell fire, control the surroundings, etc....the rest of the x-men can join in the fun and lend a hand. I would target strange with the soul sword first since he is the one who might be able to counter magik. ( i doubt he can in Limbo though)

or unleash legion.

I'm leaving hope out since she will have her hands full with Wanda...

#5 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

As the leaders of both of their respective groups, Cyke and Cap should meet with Axel Alonso and say "f**k you! We're not gonna fight each other just to sell your ridiculous, gimmicky event".

#6 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

in a straight up fight, emma mind drops everyone except for iron man and maybe I few i didn't count. X-men should take the battle on the forums very well, but in comics, the battle will be a different story.

#7 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulks tend to have some resistance as well. Still based on that picture Frost drops everyone except Iron Man and Rulk. Rulk is double teamed by Piotr and Namor while Scott, Storm and Magneto open fire on Iron Man.

#8 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Strategy: 

Cyclops tells Magneto to win. 

Magneto wins. 

#9 Edited by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

As the leaders of both of their respective groups, Cyke and Cap should meet with Axel Alonso and say "f**k you! We're not gonna fight each other just to sell your ridiculous, gimmicky event".

Nice.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Strategy: Cyclops tells Magneto to win. Magneto wins.

This. Although apparently Iron Man is gonna use a suit designed to combat Magneto, so we'll see how THAT turns out.

These are just some of my random thoughts:

Cyclops vs. Captain America - Simply because one of the only things I'm looking forward to in this event is two of the three greatest tacticians in the MU (the third being Nick Fury) duking it out. Imagine Cap reflecting Cyke's optic blast off his shield, only to have it ricochet off another surface and hit him in the back, then Cap dodging the rest of the blasts before he and Cyke go hand-to-hand with some sweet judo. It would definitely be one big fanboy moment for me.

Colossus vs. Red Hulk - Pete goes Juggernaut and pounds that red abomination into the ground. That is all.

Emma Frost vs. Black Widow - Emma goes into diamond form to make Widow's gunfire ineffective. Before Widow can reload, or move in for hand-to-hand, Emma quickly switches back into her fleshy form to paralyze Widow in place or render her a drooling mess with a powerful telepathic assault.

Hawkeye vs. Namor - Clint spends most of the fight hurling both arrows and insults at the arrogant fishstick, Namor gets so angry he can't punch straight. ;)

Rogue vs. Ms. Marvel and Storm vs. Spider-Man - I just think these would be cool fights. :P

#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@ApatheticAvenger said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

This. Although apparently Iron Man is gonna use a suit designed to combat Magneto, so we'll see how THAT turns out.

(Facepalm) What a joke. Magneto can flip the poles of the Earth, but Iron Man will make "anti-magnet" armour. Unless he becomes Wood-Man, it's just going to be total PIS.
#11 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

(Facepalm) What a joke. Magneto can flip the poles of the Earth, but Iron Man will make "anti-magnet" armour. Unless he becomes Wood-Man, it's just going to be total PIS.
#12 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm vs Spiderman ? she can do a lot better than THAT people.

#13 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is everyone assuming that Cap is only bringing the Avengers pictured?

#14 Posted by Halle Romanova (500 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Imagine Cap reflecting Cyke's optic blast off his shield, only to have it ricochet off another surface and hit him in the back

Holy fck, I could totally see this happening O_O

#15 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

@Halle Romanova said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Imagine Cap reflecting Cyke's optic blast off his shield, only to have it ricochet off another surface and hit him in the back

Holy fck, I could totally see this happening O_O

I know, wouldn't that be awesome?!

#16 Posted by taqs (44 posts) - - Show Bio

ThE cover for the first issue as Psyloc verse the Black Widow

#17 Posted by Halle Romanova (500 posts) - - Show Bio

@taqs: Do you have a link? Because the only cover I've seen so far was the one with Wanda and Hope.

@ApatheticAvenger: I would have a veritable fangirl attack.

#18 Posted by jhazzroucher (14730 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm vs Spider-man, Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye

Magneto vs Rulk and Iron Man

#19 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Storm vs Spiderman ? she can do a lot better than THAT people.

#20 Posted by Rasarima (371 posts) - - Show Bio

This event is to sell movies, like fear itself, it will be ridiculous....

#21 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, the inner-fanboy in me wants to see a full-on slobberknocker between Captain America & Cyclops. They will most likely end it quickly, as in 1 or 2 pages, but it deserves so much more, although, to be fair, Captain America did train Cyclops in H2H at a certain point, so the edge goes to Cap there. I don't know, both are 2 of my all-time favorite characters, it's hard to say who i'd pick to win, I just hope Namor lays a beatdown on someone worthy to give him a feat. I don't know if it's because I haven't been able to keep up much since Namor joined the X-Men, but he doesn't have many feats lately, with the exception of wrecking Nimrod's from Second Coming.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.