Avengers VS X-Men!

#1 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor seems to have his space armour. It also seems to be getting intense with him and, Cyclops. What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by coolguyr99 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this event gets better fast.

#3 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolguyr99 said:

I hope this event gets better fast.

Same.

#4 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol @ what the Avengers have gotten themselves into. Biggest morons on Earth.

#5 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Lol @ what the Avengers have gotten themselves into. Biggest morons on Earth.

Also Lol, at how Cyclops keeps dissing Thor's weather attacks.

#6 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Lol @ what the Avengers have gotten themselves into. Biggest morons on Earth.

Also Lol, at how Cyclops keeps dissing Thor's weather attacks.

I don't understand why the Avengers have gone into asshole mode especially Cap and Thor. Cap hears how Colossus saves some Avengers and all he cares about is if they found out if Petes got a weak point WTF? Thor lands on Utopia and tries to kidnapp Hope after gut punching a teenager (this is what it takes to be considered worthy). Wolverine just wants to kill Cyclops which is funny seeing as in AVX #1 he said that Scott doesn't "let go of things" what a hypocrite. At least Beast and Black Panther are able to see the good that the Phoenix Five are doing and if the five do end up "going bad" it will be the Avengers fault for pushing them. If I was Scott I'd probably get angry if the Avengers invaded my home to kidnapp a teenage girl for the sole purpose of finding a way to KILL me and to top it off they left with Wanda (the crazy **tch who wiped out 99% of the mutant race and has done nothing to make up for it!!!).

#7 Posted by lantian1 (161 posts) - - Show Bio

You do realize Thor only tapped the kid. He was up straight after

#8 Posted by Daycrawler (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@lantian1 said:

You do realize Thor only tapped the kid. He was up straight after

lol,tapped. So, a light gut punch to a minor is fine then? It was still a cheap sucker punch to someone (one of the easiest targets in the room!) that would never have stood a chance against Thor anyway. Classy move.

#9 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6620 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone's gonna die before the end of the AvsX.

#10 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Lol @ what the Avengers have gotten themselves into. Biggest morons on Earth.

Also Lol, at how Cyclops keeps dissing Thor's weather attacks.

I don't understand why the Avengers have gone into asshole mode especially Cap and Thor. Cap hears how Colossus saves some Avengers and all he cares about is if they found out if Petes got a weak point WTF? Thor lands on Utopia and tries to kidnapp Hope after gut punching a teenager (this is what it takes to be considered worthy). Wolverine just wants to kill Cyclops which is funny seeing as in AVX #1 he said that Scott doesn't "let go of things" what a hypocrite. At least Beast and Black Panther are able to see the good that the Phoenix Five are doing and if the five do end up "going bad" it will be the Avengers fault for pushing them. If I was Scott I'd probably get angry if the Avengers invaded my home to kidnapp a teenage girl for the sole purpose of finding a way to KILL me and to top it off they left with Wanda (the crazy **tch who wiped out 99% of the mutant race and has done nothing to make up for it!!!).

I agree with this. Thor punching a teenager... like wtf.

#11 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
@MadeinBangladesh said:
Someone's gonna die before the end of the AvsX.
I agree. I wonder who though...
#12 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler said:

@lantian1 said:

You do realize Thor only tapped the kid. He was up straight after

lol,tapped. So, a light gut punch to a minor is fine then? It was still a cheap sucker punch to someone (one of the easiest targets in the room!) that would never have stood a chance against Thor anyway. Classy move.

"Light Punch" Indeed.

#13 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh said:

Someone's gonna die before the end of the AvsX.

That's a given, It'll be someone significant and I'm more willing to bet it'll be by cyclops hands.

Wolverine

Captain America

Prof. Xavier

Off the top of my hand I can see dying.

#14 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

@Daycrawler said:

@lantian1 said:

You do realize Thor only tapped the kid. He was up straight after

lol,tapped. So, a light gut punch to a minor is fine then? It was still a cheap sucker punch to someone (one of the easiest targets in the room!) that would never have stood a chance against Thor anyway. Classy move.

"Light Punch" Indeed.

shows how much you know about thor. he could have easily killed him. with a his pinky. so yeah thor took him out so he wouldnt do something stupid and really get himself killed at the same time discouraging anybody else doing something stupid.

#15 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@Osian2 said:

@Daycrawler said:

@lantian1 said:

You do realize Thor only tapped the kid. He was up straight after

lol,tapped. So, a light gut punch to a minor is fine then? It was still a cheap sucker punch to someone (one of the easiest targets in the room!) that would never have stood a chance against Thor anyway. Classy move.

"Light Punch" Indeed.

shows how much you know about thor. he could have easily killed him. with a his pinky. so yeah thor took him out so he wouldnt do something stupid and really get himself killed at the same time discouraging anybody else doing something stupid.

It might have been a light punch for Thor but to Gabriel it probably felt like a sledgehammer to the stomach! Like you said Thor could have easily killed him with his pinky so why did he need to hit him at all? Gabriel wouldn't have been able to scratch Thor so Thor was violent for no justifiable reason. Saying that Thor held back doesn't make his actions excusable.

The X-men are making the world a better place. They're stopping conflicts, growing food, providing clean water and introducing free energy scources so the U.S. government and the Avengers come up with plans to possibly kill them and are treating them like Villains.

The Avengers on the other hand Invade Utopia AGAIN for a SECOND attempt at kidnapping Hope and decide to assault a minor while they're at it! But the Avengers are deemed heroes.

Right now it's the Avengers who are the crazy ones if they believe that:

Making the world a better place = Evil

Kidnapp and Assault = Heroic

#16 Edited by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

While the Avengers are the villains in this Act, it isn't going to last long. like I said in another thread, can't call something a kidnapping if the kidnapped in question chose to go on their own free will. (it's a loop hole) Not omitting the Avengers of anything just remember the "first attempt" they came and try a diplomatic approach and got shot which warranted the attack and now they are just attacking based a baseless reasoning of the Government. I love the hidden meaning as well the Cyke was leaning towards in "No More Avengers" (since they are called by the government to act and the government has been treating mutants badly why not take them out) I love the final scene if you viewed it with the AR app.

#17 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hareil0079 said:

While the Avengers are the villains in this Act, it isn't going to last long. like I said in another thread, can't call something a kidnapping if the kidnapped in question chose to go on their own free will. (it's a loop hole) Not omitting the Avengers of anything just remember the "first attempt" they came and try a diplomatic approach and got shot which warranted the attack and now they are just attacking based a baseless reasoning of the Government. I love the hidden meaning as well the Cyke was leaning towards in "No More Avengers" (since they are called by the government to act and the government has been treating mutants badly why not take them out) I love the final scene if you viewed it with the AR app.

I get what you're saying but you could also argue that Captain America was trespassing (a point of debate but i'm on the side that Utopia is it's own Nation) and that Emma read his mind and he wasn't going to leave without Hope. In the second attempt it literally was attempted kidnapp by the Avengers (Hope left with Wanda not the Avengers) as they didn't even ask her if she wanted to go, Thor just grabbed her and Cap was ready to go. I have to say the Government seems to be run by morons in the Marvel universe "hey it's a possibility that the P5 might go evil so we better try and find a way to kill them despite all the good they're doing" this is also the same government that hired Norman Osborn as director of H.A.M.M.E.R. Why don't the Avengers/Government try and help the P5 and "prevent" them turning evil instead?

I agree the X-men will end up as the Villains by the end (like the X-men haven't suffered enough already?) and that the Avengers will swoop in and save the day but IMO if the X-men do turn evil it will be because of the Avengers/Governments pushing them too far.

#18 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2: how i like that you mentioned only the first half of my post ignoring that fact i mentioned this is a clear tactic from stopping a stupid teen from doing something stupid and discouraging the rest. i love the lengths to which people are trying to depict x-men as heroes and what they have done justifiable. as for making the world a better place, read spider-man: ends of the earth story. how something can appear to be good now but total BS later.

#19 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hareil0079 said:

@MadeinBangladesh said:

Someone's gonna die before the end of the AvsX.

That's a given, It'll be someone significant and I'm more willing to bet it'll be by cyclops hands.

Wolverine

Captain America

Prof. Xavier

Off the top of my hand I can see dying.

My money is on Prof. Xavier. Marvel won't kill Wolverine; not while they can keep milking cash out of him through over-saturation. And with the second Cap movie rolling around and his popularity from The Avengers, killing Cap would be a poor business move. So, Professor X seems the most likely to me.

#20 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

@Hareil0079 said:

@MadeinBangladesh said:

Someone's gonna die before the end of the AvsX.

That's a given, It'll be someone significant and I'm more willing to bet it'll be by cyclops hands.

Wolverine

Captain America

Prof. Xavier

Off the top of my hand I can see dying.

My money is on Prof. Xavier. Marvel won't kill Wolverine; not while they can keep milking cash out of him through over-saturation. And with the second Cap movie rolling around and his popularity from The Avengers, killing Cap would be a poor business move. So, Professor X seems the most likely to me.

that's just off the top of my I can be completely wrong but if someone is gonna die, it cant be a random Hero, it has to be someone significant

#21 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@Osian2: how i like that you mentioned only the first half of my post ignoring that fact i mentioned this is a clear tactic from stopping a stupid teen from doing something stupid and discouraging the rest. i love the lengths to which people are trying to depict x-men as heroes and what they have done justifiable. as for making the world a better place, read spider-man: ends of the earth story. how something can appear to be good now but total BS later.

So what? Gabriel wouldn't have been able to touch Thor let alone hurt him neither would Primal or Hope so it was unecessary. How was it a clear "tactic" anyway? They never said anything like that that's just an assumption on your part. The Avengers went in guns blazing and as soon as they grabbed Hope they were ready to escape. It doesn't matter what the reason Thor assaulted a minor.

Also what have the X-men done yet that makes them Villains? Tried to stop a kidnapping, Outlaw War, Provide food, clean water and energy. Somebody tell Dr Doom he's out of the job!

#22 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

@Hareil0079 said:

While the Avengers are the villains in this Act, it isn't going to last long. like I said in another thread, can't call something a kidnapping if the kidnapped in question chose to go on their own free will. (it's a loop hole) Not omitting the Avengers of anything just remember the "first attempt" they came and try a diplomatic approach and got shot which warranted the attack and now they are just attacking based a baseless reasoning of the Government. I love the hidden meaning as well the Cyke was leaning towards in "No More Avengers" (since they are called by the government to act and the government has been treating mutants badly why not take them out) I love the final scene if you viewed it with the AR app.

I get what you're saying but you could also argue that Captain America was trespassing (a point of debate but i'm on the side that Utopia is it's own Nation) and that Emma read his mind and he wasn't going to leave without Hope. In the second attempt it literally was attempted kidnapp by the Avengers (Hope left with Wanda not the Avengers) as they didn't even ask her if she wanted to go, Thor just grabbed her and Cap was ready to go. I have to say the Government seems to be run by morons in the Marvel universe "hey it's a possibility that the P5 might go evil so we better try and find a way to kill them despite all the good they're doing" this is also the same government that hired Norman Osborn as director of H.A.M.M.E.R. Why don't the Avengers/Government try and help the P5 and "prevent" them turning evil instead?

I agree the X-men will end up as the Villains by the end (like the X-men haven't suffered enough already?) and that the Avengers will swoop in and save the day but IMO if the X-men do turn evil it will be because of the Avengers/Governments pushing them too far.

Capt was trespassing that's not even an argument, the guy didn't even come with a warrant. like I said in a previous thread and argument... Hope leaving with wanda who is an avenger anyways still is leaving with the avengers.. it would have to be, hunting the avengers wouldn't makes sense, it would be "No more wanda" but that's not the case. All of them left with her and you later see Hope with 2 avengers in the latest New Avengers anyways so yea she left with the Avengers no matter how one wants to spin it.

As for the X-men being villains look at the flip side.. when was the last time the X-men was ever portrayed as villains? (I can't remember the last time or if there is any time to begin with) Avengers have been down that road before so this will be an interesting take and still fall under the category of them being pushed. It's also a nice setup for discord amongst the X-men and their personal morals which the hunt and imprisonment of the Avengers is gonna start striking cords.

#23 Posted by Acestar101 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hareil0079: they wont kill Cap because of the Avengers movie and the new cartoon and the new games they're bringing out, plus, it just wouldnt be that good. killing wolverine would have a bigger imapct on cyclops and the X men i think, making almost all of them, apart from a few completely rejecting cyclops, thus, bringing the X men together again. then, cyclops will either realise what hes done, OR go all old magneto and say he was only trying to save the mutant race and he'll form a new Brotherhood of mutants. THEN, jean will come back and completely reject cyclops for what hes done.

#24 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2: yes the reason matters and its what i meantioned, and ill also add no to make too much commotion so they can enter and exit without a fight. and all of the things you have mentioned, let look at them (aside from the 1 in a million shot that the PF rejuvenates the mutant population, which it hasnt done so far, all the while endangering the world with each passing second cyclops being proof that he is starting to lose his humanity): outlaw war (for how long? do they have someone there watching things all the time? are they omnipotent? aside from this what right have they to intervine ???), provide food (how i like that this is just mentioned as food no details no proof they just say it), water (fine they give the people water that otherwise would not have been accesible to them), and energy (FROM FREAKING BAD GUYS!!! that at ANY MOMENT can turn on them because they are FREAKING BAD GUYS and we dont know if they are doing it out of their own free will. who knows maybe colossus threatened them or something, or controlling them in some way). and on your comment on doom. he is actually loved by his people. he is doing a good job as a ruler. and the kidnapping thing, PLEASE. the girl cant control the PF and cyke and idiots still want to try again. you would have to be pretty blind not to see these things. i hope i have at least made you see a little better the big picture instead of focusing on rainbows and kittens.

#25 Edited by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Acestar101 said:

@Hareil0079: they wont kill Cap because of the Avengers movie and the new cartoon and the new games they're bringing out, plus, it just wouldnt be that good. killing wolverine would have a bigger imapct on cyclops and the X men i think, making almost all of them, apart from a few completely rejecting cyclops, thus, bringing the X men together again. then, cyclops will either realise what hes done, OR go all old magneto and say he was only trying to save the mutant race and he'll form a new Brotherhood of mutants. THEN, jean will come back and completely reject cyclops for what hes done.

Wolverine has been on the opposite side of the fence for both Avengers and X-men, though he's aiding the Avengers at the moment you can still sense the lack of trust they have for him and wouldn't hesitate to drop the guy though if he did die I see some X-men going against cyke cause of it but it'll be mostly avengers as it stands now who would mourn.

BTW I doubt Cyke killing wolverine wouldn't impact the guy. Wolverine will probably do something big but can possible die for it. He's the only character next to Cyke and Emma and Storm who hasn't experienced Death.

#26 Edited by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@Osian2: yes the reason matters and its what i meantioned, and ill also add no to make too much commotion so they can enter and exit without a fight. and all of the things you have mentioned, let look at them (aside from the 1 in a million shot that the PF rejuvenates the mutant population, which it hasnt done so far, all the while endangering the world with each passing second cyclops being proof that he is starting to lose his humanity): outlaw war (for how long? do they have someone there watching things all the time? are they omnipotent? aside from this what right have they to intervine ???), provide food (how i like that this is just mentioned as food no details no proof they just say it), water (fine they give the people water that otherwise would not have been accesible to them), and energy (FROM FREAKING BAD GUYS!!! that at ANY MOMENT can turn on them because they are FREAKING BAD GUYS and we dont know if they are doing it out of their own free will. who knows maybe colossus threatened them or something, or controlling them in some way). and on your comment on doom. he is actually loved by his people. he is doing a good job as a ruler. and the kidnapping thing, PLEASE. the girl cant control the PF and cyke and idiots still want to try again. you would have to be pretty blind not to see these things. i hope i have at least made you see a little better the big picture instead of focusing on rainbows and kittens.

The reason you've given is just an assumption we don't know whether it was a tactic or if Thor just did it in the spur of the moment. Yes the P5 haven't restored the mutant population but that doesn't mean they won't have the power later on maybe they need to learn how to control the power better. They've outlawed war and already made progress i.e. Narobia, Ethipoia. Maybe they won't be able to do it forever but it's better than doing nothing. What right have they got to outlaw war? What right has anybody got to "start" war? The proof of them providing food is in AVX #6 where Colossus is standing in a crop under a dome with more domes in the background, why would they lie? That would be stupid. The free energy from the electric legion is less dangerous than the Thunderbolts (a group of the most dangerous criminals that has included the likes of Venom and Juggernaut) and what makes them more dangerous than former criminals like Hawkeye? As for the "are they doing it out of free will?" Colossus sat down and spoke to them I doubt he did it all for show to fool the Avengers. Did you read AVX#6 Cyclops said that Hope didn't deserve the power and he refused to give it to her. The Avengers went to fidnapp Hope for the sole reason of finding a way to kill the P5, very heroic.

I hope that I have at least made you see a little better the big picture instead of focusing on Doom and Gloom.

#27 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2: what the heck do the thunderbolts have to do with providing energy?? besides they are at least control with nanites. the legion just does what they want no way of controlling them. your posts make no sense and the fact that you mention hawkeye as a former criminal (he's been an AVENGER FOR DECADES) makes me seriously doubt you have read that much avengers comics and you are coming strictly from the poor mutants point of view. and what are you 10? thinking the world just poof is fixied instantly by 5 people?

#28 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@Osian2: what the heck do the thunderbolts have to do with providing energy?? besides they are at least control with nanites. the legion just does what they want no way of controlling them. your posts make no sense and the fact that you mention hawkeye as a former criminal (he's been an AVENGER FOR DECADES) makes me seriously doubt you have read that much avengers comics and you are coming strictly from the poor mutants point of view. and what are you 10? thinking the world just poof is fixied instantly by 5 people?

By refering to the Thunderbolts and Hawkeye I was giving an example of Villains being given the chance at redemption just like the electric legion are redeeming themselves by providing energy. If we write the electric legion off as iredeemable villains without giving them a chance then Hawkeye should never have been given a chance either. Hawkeye proved himself as a hero and for all we know the electrric legion could continue to do good. Saying "what are you 10" just shows that you're being childish. The P5 are changing the world for the better you would have to be blind not to see it. Whether they will "continue" to do so is up for debate. This is a superhero comic AKA fiction. If the writers make it so that five people change the world then that's how it is. The impossiblie possible in fiction. The five haven't fixed everything but they're making an effort to do so and the Avengers are plotting away on methods to kill them.

#29 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2: and this is where i get that you will die professing that the x-men are the good guys (they arent) and trying to convince you otherwise is pointless and a waste of time. i look forward to rubbing it in your face when the sh*t hits the fan.

#30 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@Osian2: and this is where i get that you will die professing that the x-men are the good guys (they arent) and trying to convince you otherwise is pointless and a waste of time. i look forward to rubbing it in your face when the sh*t hits the fan.

As of AVX #6 the X-men are definitely the good guys I don't see how you can argue against it. It's expected that they will end up as villains by the end but as of right now they're helping the world like never before. Yes the Avengers are in some ways right to have a contingency plan but it shouldn't be the Avengers main priority, they should be helping the P5 and try to prevent them turning evil instead of coming up with plans to kill them after they've turned. Beast and Black Panther are the only Avengers at the moment with their eyes open.

#31 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2: you can stop. i dont care. i know what ive seen and i have logic. you cant touch me.

#32 Posted by flame_x (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh: no one needs to die in this event bcuz if they pick someone to die i guarantee marvel will choose and x-men. like wtf!

#33 Posted by stormphoenix (927 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

@Daycrawler said:

@lantian1 said:

You do realize Thor only tapped the kid. He was up straight after

lol,tapped. So, a light gut punch to a minor is fine then? It was still a cheap sucker punch to someone (one of the easiest targets in the room!) that would never have stood a chance against Thor anyway. Classy move.

"Light Punch" Indeed.

Wow I.......did not know thor did that.......great one of my fav heros is now a complete azzhole!!! I have no RESPECT for him now. ;(

#34 Posted by X_Titans (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hareil0079: What was it liked when viewed with the AR app?

#35 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@X_Titans said:

@Hareil0079: What was it liked when viewed with the AR app?

Cyke picks up a piece of Capt's helmet and disintegrates it with TK of the PF following the saying "No More Avengers"

#36 Edited by DATNIGGA (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: @Osian2: @jeanroygrant: Thor punching a teen really sucks.. but ive seen him kill innocent children & women when frost giants were holding them hostage so.. compared to that this isnt that bad.. thor is a god super hero & a viking if he wants to he can do some pretty cold hearted things when necessary

about the event as a whole.. well there are many things to say first of all

@KainScion: the avengers are instigating this & handling this badly.. & the result is them getting kicked around

1) they try to take control of a situation that has very little to do with them they force there way in utopia beat down the x men & then have there island confiscated by shield

2) after the x men get the force the x men start saving the world.. but cap attacks them again because even though they have done nothing wrong they MIGHT do something wrong later

because they attack & handle things the wrong way they force the x men to retaliate..

Cyclops makes his move

& is ultimately pushing them over the edge & making them look like bad guys for simply defending themselves. because The Avengers are marvels premier team & Captain america, Iron man, wolverine & thor can apparently do no wrong the avengers actions will be justified regardless of how impulsive & stupid lol

& yea Osian it is funny how wolverine says Cyke doesn't let things go.. a few comics back cyke actually offered to put aside there differences & work together as x men.. but wolvie is still mad & wants to kill him.. & because of this he doesn't mind beating down the x men.. the SAME x men that had his back for all these years when the Avengers were no where around

#37 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor should bring in the chief lol, that being ODIN!!

#38 Edited by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like the Avengers are terribly out of character.
 
Is there any reason to trust the Phoenix Force,anyway? I strongly doubt that thing has good intentions.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.