AoX Characters

• 57 results
#1 Posted by Onihana (122 posts) - - Show Bio

So these seems to be the main characters for AvX. Interesting fights

#2 Posted by Saren (26016 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how "ninja" is a superpower.

#3 Posted by Onihana (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Ninja is the greatest super power there is, it's how marvel makes things happen. Ninja Edit and Ninja forget events I can go on if you like.

#4 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12238 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-men look heavily outmatched in powerhouses. Unless I'm just stupid, haha. Not happy that Beast is on the Avengers side. He's an original X-man, he shouldn't betray the team that gave him a purpose. The only reason I'd see him being on the Avengers side is if he was logically thinking about the world as a whole in the now instead of the future so he sided with the team who wanted to take her. Or he could pull a "FCK YOU" and be an X-men spy and betray the Avengers....

#5 Posted by Onihana (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Strength wise they are but X-men out class them mentally and virtually every other aspect.

#6 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12238 posts) - - Show Bio

That awkward moment when the King of Atlantis can fly....

@Onihana: I honestly think it all comes down to the wild cards at this point. Thats why they're there

#7 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that Secret Avengers line-up.

it's a shame Domino isn't going to be anywhere near this judging from those lists. she could've been a good wild card. but at least it suggests Cable is back ^_^

#8 Posted by Onihana (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Yeah for the most part, but with Magik using ever thing she has, could take out most of them if not all. They wont write it that way of course.

#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (15079 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't expect this to be good but the previews look nice.

#10 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Why aren't we getting the human torch vs. dr nemesis? that's as bad as not having Captain Britain vs Psylocke. real oversight if you ask me. Dr Nemesis (who's with x-club) co-created the original human torch (who is with secret avengers) and back when Nemesis was a nazi they were enemies.

#11 Posted by DEGRAAF (7904 posts) - - Show Bio

Since when is Rachel Grey's power magnetism?

I know this will be debated (i hope it is) but this seems like a pretty one sided fight if Emma, Psylocke, and Rachel Grey can just mind control the whole other team.

Hulk will have to land on the Avengers side bc otherwise the writers will just have Red Hulk and Colossus cancel each other out

Deadpool has no reason to side against the mutants does he?

The rest i would call toss ups on which side they might land.

I'm sure they will put Rogue against Ms Marvel

Danger should be able to take on Iron Man and War Machine but would have a hard time i would think against Vision

If this were a true battle, As the leader, i would have Magneto relinquish any metallis objects from the other team while Emma, Rachel, Psylocke, Hope (mimicking the others), have Iceman put up a barrier while Storm, Magneto and Iceman mess with the surrounding areas weather, temperatures, and magentic field to throw any remaining members off. Leaving Colossus, Namor, Magik, and Danger outside the barrier to hold off any resistance still standing. If/Once the sides ever start to look like the Avengers are starting to catch a breath and regroup i would drop the barrier, have Iceman start freezing people in place, have the x-force flank from behind while everyone else (minus Emma, Psylocke, and Rachel) goes head on in the fight.

I havent factored in the mystery cards yet but so far not including them i would say the X-Men have it hands down.

Can someone please try and lead the Avengers against me (as if you didnt already know my plan

#12 Posted by Billy Batson (58268 posts) - - Show Bio

Agility must be a great superpower.
BB

#13 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Cable a wild card? I have an idea why but I want to see if anyone else might have a similar idea to mine.

#14 Posted by Onihana (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Sure someone will try it's would be fun, but Avengers are to out class really you could use many senerios for x-men to win. Avengers have little verity in there line up.

Danger and Vision hookup in the future?

They say X-force, so one would assume Deadpool sides with them

#15 Edited by Onihana (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps: I say wild card because his only concern is Hope.... So if Scott uses Hope for his own gain, Cable would fight him also. Also maybe why Deadpool is a wild card, he might side with Cable over X-force.

#16 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onihana said:

@Steps: I say wild card because his only concern is Hope.... So if Scott uses Hope for his own gain, Cable would fight him also. Also maybe why Deadpool is a wild card, he might side with Cable over X-force.

I don't think so Scott always makes sure Hope isn't even battling.

#17 Posted by Onihana (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry explain better. If Hope is the next Phoenix, Scott wants to use that power to "put the world back on track". This could mean many things, so depending how Scott does things. This could put him at odds with Cable.

#18 Posted by _Zombie_ (10462 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Agility must be a great superpower.
BB

'Deep Psychosis' seems like it's be fun, too.

#19 Posted by DEGRAAF (7904 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps said:

Why is Cable a wild card? I have an idea why but I want to see if anyone else might have a similar idea to mine.

Well after seeing what the Phoenix do to his mother i can see why Cable wouldnt want the Phoenix Force to come for Hope.

@Onihana said:

@DEGRAAF: Sure someone will try it's would be fun, but Avengers are to out class really you could use many senerios for x-men to win. Avengers have little verity in there line up.

Danger and Vision hookup in the future?

They say X-force, so one would assume Deadpool sides with them

I agree about the small variety in the Avengers Lineup.

IDK if they hook up or not

That what i figured too

@Steps said:

@Onihana said:

I don't think so Scott always makes sure Hope isn't even battling.

He has been using her more and more and she is usually shown as one of his big hitters or secret weapon in large battles. didnt think about him siding with Cable

#20 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: I thought Cable's mmother was Madelyne Pryor, did she experience the Phoenix Force at all in any way? Plus I know Cyke has been using her a bit but considering how Marvel can get their own history wrong at times I'm looking at it from the AvX stanpoint. The teaser for the AvX event showed Scott telling Hope that she's too valuable an asset to let leave Utopia with Hope having to attack Cyke to get away. In terms of this kind of threat I doubt Cyke would use Hope when she really is the target.

How do you do the spoilers thing part of my comment is based on Legacy 262 and it just came out so...

#21 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onihana said:

Sorry explain better. If Hope is the next Phoenix, Scott wants to use that power to "put the world back on track". This could mean many things, so depending how Scott does things. This could put him at odds with Cable.

Which is why Scott wants Hope to train, to learn to control it. If the Phoenix Force is dead set on Hope wouldn't Cable agree to let Hope learn to harness the force. Wasn't Rachel able to do it in her timeline so why can't Hope. Sure as an afterthought I can see Cable disagreeing but this AvX event seems to be a Phoenix Force finding a host thing as opposed to the consequences of the Phoenix Force with a host.

#22 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe when Cable discovers his being tricked by blaquesmith, he becomes suspicious of the x-men for being on the other side of the coin? 

#23 Edited by Onihana (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps: You have a point, issue with your statement and mine, would be at what point does Cable find out him plan for Hope. If he finds out early it may put him at odd with Scott with in AvX. This doesn't diminish what you have said but with in the event of AvX it could be why Cable is a wild card.

#24 Edited by Onihana (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

maybe when Cable discovers his being tricked by blaquesmith, he becomes suspicious of the x-men for being on the other side of the coin?

Explain why you think Cable is being tricked.

#25 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onihana said:

@Steps: You have a point, issue with your statement and mine, would be at what point does Cable find out him plan for Hope. If he finds out early it may put him at odd with Scott with in AvX. This doesn't diminish what you have said but with in the event of AvX it could be why Cable is a wild card.

I understand your views. However I just don't think that with all the Phx force as of the time of the event is still trying to get a host that anything other than getting Hope prepared will cross Cyke's mind. In that situation especially with a force such as the Phoenix Force I don't see Scott being able to plan the future because the present will need his full attention. Though I do like the idea seeing as if it does turn out like that than we can assume Marvel won't kill off Cyke (there's still the fear of him being a villain), I just have a bad feeling that they're gonna kill off Cyke in this one.

#26 Posted by Mercy_ (92995 posts) - - Show Bio

Rachel Grey - Magnetism?

Somebody dun goofed up.

Moderator Online
#27 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
@Onihana: well, he's not exactly been told a full story is he? Blaquesmith has been quite cryptic and my first reaction was he was manipulating him.
#28 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Where is Thor?
#29 Posted by Billy Batson (58268 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

Where is Thor?

5th pic.
BB

#30 Posted by karrob (4283 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

Since when is Rachel Grey's power magnetism?

I know this will be debated (i hope it is) but this seems like a pretty one sided fight if Emma, Psylocke, and Rachel Grey can just mind control the whole other team.

Hulk will have to land on the Avengers side bc otherwise the writers will just have Red Hulk and Colossus cancel each other out

Deadpool has no reason to side against the mutants does he?

The rest i would call toss ups on which side they might land.

I'm sure they will put Rogue against Ms Marvel

Danger should be able to take on Iron Man and War Machine but would have a hard time i would think against Vision

If this were a true battle, As the leader, i would have Magneto relinquish any metallis objects from the other team while Emma, Rachel, Psylocke, Hope (mimicking the others), have Iceman put up a barrier while Storm, Magneto and Iceman mess with the surrounding areas weather, temperatures, and magentic field to throw any remaining members off. Leaving Colossus, Namor, Magik, and Danger outside the barrier to hold off any resistance still standing. If/Once the sides ever start to look like the Avengers are starting to catch a breath and regroup i would drop the barrier, have Iceman start freezing people in place, have the x-force flank from behind while everyone else (minus Emma, Psylocke, and Rachel) goes head on in the fight.

I havent factored in the mystery cards yet but so far not including them i would say the X-Men have it hands down.

Can someone please try and lead the Avengers against me (as if you didnt already know my plan

Exactly!

#31 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

Where is Thor?

5th pic.
BB

Thanks.
#32 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Editorial is rubbish.

Rachel Grey's powers being "magnetism", urgh?

Also, Captain Britain is a mutant, right? He's Betsy's brother too. Surely he'd be on the X-Men's side?

#33 Posted by Onihana (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@Onihana: well, he's not exactly been told a full story is he? Blaquesmith has been quite cryptic and my first reaction was he was manipulating him.

Maybe, I guess, not enough known to say either way.

@Steps: In truth not sure how much you can prepare someone for the PF. (Analogy oh yeah.) It's like me telling you how to drive a bus full of kids and expecting you not to hit things on the way to school.

Scott is a man with plans within plans with 26 plan B's.

Scott wont die, maybe semi-villian but to much money off him to die.

#34 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems actually awesome. The whole role thing is kind of "off" for me, it makes no sense (if someone can explain, Id be glad) and the powers seem a bit reductive. There's a lot more to them. Other than that, awesome.

I hope Tony punches Namor's stupid face

#35 Posted by LeonardEugenius (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we'll see more characters than those included in the program as the story progresses. I really don't see how the Avengers can stand up to the X-Men if Cable can take some of their stronger members down single-handedly. Not to mention, the Avengers don't really have the scope of powers that the X-Men do. What I'd really like to see is Legion take the field. Game. Set. Match.

#36 Posted by Onihana (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@LeonardEugenius said:

I think we'll see more characters than those included in the program as the story progresses. I really don't see how the Avengers can stand up to the X-Men if Cable can take some of their stronger members down single-handedly. Not to mention, the Avengers don't really have the scope of powers that the X-Men do. What I'd really like to see is Legion take the field. Game. Set. Match.

Rolf... cheater

#37 Posted by DEGRAAF (7904 posts) - - Show Bio

Your right it was. So was it Madyln and Cyclops that went in to the future and took care of him or was it Cyclops and Jean? Yea i see where you're coming from

You have to click the more button to the right, right above the text box you write in, it will open up another bar with 3-5 buttons on it for editing and blocking out info. I wouldnt worry about it though, the part you are talking about was in the previews as well

#38 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onihana said:

@X35 said:

Maybe, I guess, not enough known to say either way.

@Steps: In truth not sure how much you can prepare someone for the PF. (Analogy oh yeah.) It's like me telling you how to drive a bus full of kids and expecting you not to hit things on the way to school.

Scott is a man with plans within plans with 26 plan B's.

Scott wont die, maybe semi-villian but to much money off him to die.

I don't know the way Scott's plans have been makes me think he's no good as a long term tactitian but more off a field tactitian. I mean this is the same guy that planned to get the world to like them as the premier super hero team but then naming his team the X-tinction team. So all in all I don't see Scott (at least here) as a man with a plan within a plan but more of a field general doing best while in the moment.

Scott might still die, it has a shock value to it and with death not being a finale to anything comic related I don't see why Marvel wouldn't kill him off I mean they did kill off CapAm once already why would they not kill off Cyke. Marvel makes money off the Xmen in general mostly Wolverine so Scott is actually quite expendable in terms of sales.

#39 Posted by DEGRAAF (7904 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

Also, Captain Britain is a mutant, right? He's Betsy's brother too. Surely he'd be on the X-Men's side?

HE is a mutant but he has been going against his sister and the X-Force lately so I would think he would side against them

#40 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF
 since when was Captain Britain a mutant?
#41 Posted by Onihana (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps: With in the general terms of the military aspects he is one the tops strategist in marvel if not most of the comic world. Within the terms of politics/people person he lacks a lot. This is not uncommon

Sure I will give you that on the death. but I just think it would be a bad idea right now.... but maybe that's why they would do it.

#42 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@DEGRAAF: since when was Captain Britain a mutant?

Sorry, he's not. I was wrong.

#43 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: Sorry if i sounded pithy... i was confused thinking i'd missed something
#44 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@John Valentine: Sorry if i sounded pithy... i was confused thinking i'd missed something

Nah, I was convinced he was, actually, given the fact that his siblings are.

#45 Edited by DEGRAAF (7904 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@DEGRAAF: since when was Captain Britain a mutant?

according to his page:

When Merlyn resurrected Captain Britain during the Skrull invasion, he remade him with new powers. Captain Britain is now created from Magic and his power comes from the friction between dimensions. His strength, speed, stamina and reflexes are still enhanced to superhuman levels but he does not possess any power items. The new Captain Britain is still near invulnerable and able fly unaided. His power levels now depend on his confidence and willpower and his full power is as yet unknown. He also has a very powerful unconscious mind making him near immune to mind control abilities. How powerful Captain Britain now is is still unknown but it is said that he is at least as powerful as he was before his resurrection.

IDK much about him so maybe he isnt a mutant but has all the powers from being magical

#46 Posted by LeonardEugenius (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the whole premise of this story is a little off. The Avengers really don't have a case for invading Utopia and trying to run things. The last times the X-Men have dealt with the Phoenix Force they've controlled it totally. I hate how it seems like the Dark Phoenix Saga is the going to the only reference for AvX. Not to mention if something needs to be done about the Phoenix it's an X issue. When Wanda went crazy Cap clearly stated it was the Avengers' call, because she was an Avenger. Same rules apply here.

#47 Posted by Onihana (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@LeonardEugenius: wooo slow thy roll, you forgot the the power of the Force (story). Other wise yeah your right

#48 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress: Maybe that's just their way of saying they find her "attractive."

Yeah? Get it?

....I need a hobby...

#49 Posted by JediXMan (31235 posts) - - Show Bio

AoX? Age of X?

#50 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18858 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: Captain Britain actually isn't a mutant which i found shocking since him and Psylocke are twins. Something goofed up in that womb. lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.