An easy way to tell who will emerge victorious after AVX.

#1 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

In previews for AVX, we've seen two, contradicting pics. One depicts Wolverine and Beast along with the avengers, pinned against Cyclops' X-men. In another, we see Wolverine and Captain America fighting each other. We've also heard Logan saying to Hope, that if she ever went Phoenix, he'd kill her quickly. (It was a done-in-one issue of UXM. Issue Five hundred and thirty something). The side that Logan picks is the side that wins, and the writers have even said that one side will defeat the other. For example, If logan and his X-men team up with the Avengers, and defeat Cyclops' side, then fans won't X-Fans won't feel left out because half of the x-men one. This could be why Schism and regenisis were done so early and not played out a bit more.

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12585 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers have a movie...in which all the characters on the team are ones featured in the film ........................I would imagine this trumps all

#3 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they don't let fans vote.

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12585 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nightcrawler23 said:
I hope they don't let fans vote.
Then the X-Men, without question, would win
#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32813 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nightcrawler23: I have to say as an X-Men fan my self, if Team Wolverine joined the Avengers and one I would not be happy in the least.
#6 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Wolverine's team to go against Cyke's just for the hell of it. Anyways besides the upcoming Avengers movie, the fact on whothe writers are, and the fact I have no faith that the Xmen will ever catch a break I'd throw my hat in for the Avengers.

#7 Posted by Daycrawler (552 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightcrawler23: Could be that Wolverine starts out on one side but something big happens that makes him switch sides? Maybe Cyke mind controls Logan to fight for the X-Men. Seems easy enough to do given how much it's happened in the past.

#8 Posted by The Myth (550 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole thing is just a gimmick, it will all just end in a tie!

#9 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- The winner will be Marvel because they will sell a lot of books for this event regardless of how good or bad it is. The curiosity factor behind these two franchises facing off is going to at least temporarily get even casual fans focused on the outcome.

- I also believe that no matter who "wins" between the Avengers or the X-Men, it will be done in a manner that does not make either look too bad to protect against fan backlash

#10 Posted by Avalonia (297 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Avengers vs X-Men, not Avengers (and assorted X-Men who aren't also on the Avengers team) vs X-Men.

#11 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

- The winner will be Marvel because they will sell a lot of books for this event regardless of how good or bad it is. The curiosity factor behind these two franchises facing off is going to at least temporarily get even casual fans focused on the outcome.

- I also believe that no matter who "wins" between the Avengers or the X-Men, it will be done in a manner that does not make either look too bad to protect against fan backlash

I agree that Marvel wouldn't want to risk having the fans be angry with them for letting one side win and therefore, causing the fans of the losing side to not buy their comics anymore. This might end up in a tie, but who knows what Marvel is planning to do about this event once it comes.

#12 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Brian Michael Bendis said explicitly that this won't end in a tie like civil war, and one side will win.

#13 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightcrawler23 said:

Brian Michael Bendis said explicitly that this won't end in a tie like civil war, and one side will win.

- You can have one side be the overall winner without making the other side look bad, and after the events of the past decade I'll be skeptical about anything said prior to reading it for myself

- Also what is considered a win can vary widely depending on how the event shakes out.

#14 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

I for one think Wolverine starts with the Avengers, ends up getting his head right and follows his heart. X-men.

#15 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

There wont be a winner as a third party will show up and they will be forced to join forces. I hate formulas.

#16 Posted by Dernman (14750 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

- The winner will be Marvel because they will sell a lot of books for this event regardless of how good or bad it is. The curiosity factor behind these two franchises facing off is going to at least temporarily get even casual fans focused on the outcome.

- I also believe that no matter who "wins" between the Avengers or the X-Men, it will be done in a manner that does not make either look too bad to protect against fan backlash

I agree that Marvel wouldn't want to risk having the fans be angry with them for letting one side win and therefore, causing the fans of the losing side to not buy their comics anymore. This might end up in a tie, but who knows what Marvel is planning to do about this event once it comes.

There will be backlash no matter what happens. There is always backlash. :p

Online
#17 Posted by Dernman (14750 posts) - - Show Bio

I know an easy way. Just build a time machine to go to the future and find out. What could be easier then that? :p

Online

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.