Follow

Avengers vs. X-Men

Story arc »

Marvel Comics' 2012 event. As a repercussion from the events that took place in The Children's Crusade, Fear Itself, Schism, and X-Sanction, the Avengers and X-Men go to war over the return of the Phoenix Force.

A vs X which side has more power?

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

Edited By DATNIGGA

there are ALOT of mutants that are X men.. even more before M day b/w

there are ALOT of super humans that consider themselves Avengers.

I mean its literally gotten to the point where there's barley any solo hero's almost every hero you look at in marvel is on one or both of those teams. so in a way the X men & Avengers aren't really teams there more like armys at this point but i have one question are the even power wise?

the only way we could possibly figure this out is by examining there strongest members or both teams...

1) Thor

No Caption Provided

the wonderful thunder god himself probably the most destructive avenger. strength in excess of the Class 100 and can lift well over 100 tons. can control weather patterns on a global scale , lightning hurricanes , god blasts , invulnerability earth manipulation & more.

Red hulk:

No Caption Provided

hes can lift in excess of 100 tons & durability to withstand high caliber bullets and hes a hulk... nuff said.

Legion

X-Men Legacy #248
    X-Men Legacy #248

Ok.. well omega level mutant that can induce spontaneous mutations in himself. Every mutation/power is governed by a different personality which he can transform into for a few minutes using a device... if you have even watched ben ten you would understand the general concept of how he can use all his powers now.

Colossus

FI: Uncanny X-Men #542
    FI: Uncanny X-Men #542

he can turn his organic flesh into metal. & in normal conditions he can lift 100 tons. this & when he uses the power cytorak hes alot stronger & practically unstoppable.

Ms Marvel

Ms.Marvel
    Ms.Marvel

50 tons under normal conditions has been seen hurling cars tanks & tearing through 5 inch steel with her bare hands. she can move at supersonic speeds. super stamina , flight , energy absorption & projection & regeneration.

Magneto

Magneto Enthroned
    Magneto Enthroned

Mastery over all forms of magnetism , energy projection

Thunderstrike

Final Costume
    Final Costume

I read the avengers academy is in this as well & thunderstrike is a new student there. slight diminished version thor. he can lift 50 tons & and can absorb re channel energy through his hammer also able to utilize thunderblast .

Namor

Civil War #7
    Civil War #7

Class 100 strength underwater is said to be unmatched superhuman stamina, durability, agility and speed

Emma Frost

No Caption Provided

Powerful telepathy , indestructible diamond form & a skilled fighter.

she hulk

No Caption Provided

can easily lift well over 100 tons & has a powerful healing factor.

Magik

Hellbound #3
    Hellbound #3

Teleportation , mindcontrol , metamorphing , astral projection , necromancy , generate & release pure magic energy , magical force fields , inter demtional travel , dark force powers , magical constructs , fire manipulation/generation & soul sword... wow thats alot

Valkyrie

Art Adams, Fearless cover
    Art Adams, Fearless cover

superhuman strength she can lift 45 tons skilled in combat. resistance to injury , agility

Thing

Doomwar
    Doomwar

can lift 100 tons , endurance

Human torch

No Caption Provided

Heat absorption flight , flight fire control & he can reach nova temperatures.

Storm

No Caption Provided

no matter which side she picks.. shes still in this high level weather control.

Rachel Grey

No Caption Provided

Omega level mutant powerful telepath , telekinesis , limited time travel abilitys

Wiccan

No Caption Provided

Mommy witch is involved so her new found son cant be to far away...

Reality manipulation

Earth-58163 House of M
    Earth-58163 House of M

Scarlet witch the Reality warping mutant that got us into this...

&.... the star of the show thats gonna get us out (Epic music plays)

No Caption Provided

the mutant messiah herself the one this entire war is based around. omega level mutant skilled fighter & with guns & its speculated that she has all the powers of the mutant race but her full power has yet to be shown.

now i probably missed a few other powerful members of both teams but this is a good few of them to understand were at here. there are a few unforeseen things that could happen such as moonstone & hella = Hel Valkyrie to help the x men out or captin america calling sentential's.... but im sure that wont happen :)

anyway which team has more power? which side do you think is stronger?

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By luckydomino1

the avenger s are going to win they have more power houses

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I think it'd be a stalemate, they both have Uber powerhouses.

Steps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Steps

Looking at the writers is it safe to assume an Avengers win regardless of who's who.

TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By TheOptimist

Agreed that with the writing team the advantage goes to the Avengers... but in a realistic match-up of their powers, skill sets and teamwork, the X-Men would demolish.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Lvenger

The X-Men have far more members than the Avengers if you think about it. There are way more mutants on Utopia and in the Jean Grey School alone than there are Avengers. If all the mutants piled in then it would be an X-Men landslide. Having said that, hopefully only the more senior X-Men will participate. In which case, I think that it's an Avengers win.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By luckydomino1

@Lvenger: its only scott's side fighting wolverines jeangrey school isnt involved

DarkChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By DarkChris

Extinction Team is powerful enough to take down Avengers. Also, some years are on the same team for years and have better communication, greatest power-sets.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Avengers have more power due to Sentry, Scarlet Witch & Thor

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Jnr6Lil: Sentry is alive? @Steps: True.. plus the avengers movie is coming out. & They have nothing but big stars Spiderman , wolverine , captain america , iron man , thor all there missing is the hulk but thats what red hulk is for i guess. still tho the x men have some highly powerful mutants and everytime i look there making a new mutant omega level

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By ReVamp

In this crossover, X should win.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chiq

not sure where wanda and hope stand. Wanda is pretty uber. outside of wanda..x-men should stomp. (not going to happen though)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Lvenger

@luckydomino1: Ah right OK. Still a lot of mutants on Utopia though. Then why is Wolverine on the cover? Is he fighting on the Avengers side presumably?

Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Afro_Warrior

The X-Men and more specifically the Extinction team should steam roll through the current Avengers team. Their's too much power in the team for the Avengers to hold off without Thor.

However like Steps said, the Avengers have the writing advantage, which is why i think they will win.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By luckydomino1

@Lvenger: yeah wolverine and beast are on the avengers side

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Afro_Warrior: Thor is gonna be back by then

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Another one of DatNigga's threads.... 

anyway i'm on team AVengers ,not only because they have some big powerhouses, but because i'm growing to hate the x men

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DATNIGGA

@The Stegman: yep another one of my threads :)

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Rosters - X-Men have the numbers and firepower

All Resources - Cap can call in more than enough backup to tilt the odds in the Avengers favor

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Gambit1024

I think Extinction Team has the edge with this one. Losing Thor was a huge blow to the Avengers side.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Gambit1024: thor isnt dead... well he is now but he wont be buy the time this issue comes out he has new comics also coming in a few mouths so yea hes gonna be participating but yea the extinction team is super powerful

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By chiq

even with thor, w/o pis and cis there is still too much fire power for the x-men- legion=no explantion needed. magik's soul sword can kill thor and she can take all the avengers to limbo where she is godlike she can also teleport all over the place, time travel and manipulate the forces of time it's self. Colossus should steam roll through most of them. Add magneto namor danger emma and storm and that is way too much firepower.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@DATNIGGA said:

@Jnr6Lil: Sentry is alive? @Steps: True.. plus the avengers movie is coming out. & They have nothing but big stars Spiderman , wolverine , captain america , iron man , thor all there missing is the hulk but thats what red hulk is for i guess. still tho the x men have some highly powerful mutants and everytime i look there making a new mutant omega level

Yeah they are overusing Omega Level mutants

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DATNIGGA

@chiq: thats a good point.. legion did manga to defeat the elder gods & magik is a crazy power house im thinking the writers are gonna make stuff magically go wrong for the really strong characters nurf them some how... like they did when magneto , emma & namor fought those kids & lost. (that was so stupid)

cause really Legion should be the end of the avengers now add magneto & namor to that & its crazy.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DEGRAAF

mutants win, they have telepaths that can control the other teams power houses and i thought there was a mutant or two that can alter his surroundings (besides scarlet witch and the crazy guy from Dark Reign)

Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Iron_Lad

I find it hard to believe that none of the current Avengers teams has a telepath on their squad. That's weird. Every team should have at least one telepath, because they're so useful.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DEGRAAF

After looking all i found was Noh-Varr could manipulate peoples minds with his nano-tech saliva and Captain Britain is highly resistant to telepaths.@Iron_Lad:

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By chiq

@DATNIGGA: Yup. agreed they will nerf the x-men. (heck they always nerf magik) I would rather the Avengers call in their heavy hitters (quasar, photon, moondragon, hulk) maybe carol can shift into binary. Now that would be a great fight. The current line up even with Thor just does not make a credible threat for the x-men to me. Thing, she hulk, val? Namor by himself can beat them. (he's one of the weaker x-men now) Hope just scared of a bunch of celestials....

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DATNIGGA

@chiq: i havent read the issue where that happened so you spoiled me but its cool lol but hope scared the celestials? man when she shows her full potential shes gonna be a cosmic threat

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By chiq

@DATNIGGA: oh man. Sorry about that, my bad. haven't seen it either, i just saw people talking about it on another forum. I apologize again....

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DATNIGGA

@chiq: its fine really i spoil people all the time i deserve it lol & i just read it hope didnt really scar them off the dreaming celestial just told his space god freinds to leave

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By Manchine

@luckydomino1 said:

the avenger s are going to win they have more power houses

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By Edgeworth_11

X-men win this. Hope Marvel doesn't do the cowardly thing and make their boy scouts win.

ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33  Edited By ShirEPanjshir

Both have awesome powers at their disposal, but logically I'd think the Avengers would probably win. They have the smartest people on the planet at their side, not to mention a few gods and a couple of hulks. But in any case you can asume that we'll be given a stalemate and a Civil War-like ending.

By the way, isn't the dude you guys are referring to as 'Colossus' actually Juggernaut? Or am I missing something here?

Steps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Steps

@ShirEPanjshir said:

Both have awesome powers at their disposal, but logically I'd think the Avengers would probably win. They have the smartest people on the planet at their side, not to mention a few gods and a couple of hulks. But in any case you can asume that we'll be given a stalemate and a Civil War-like ending.

By the way, isn't the dude you guys are referring to as 'Colossus' actually Juggernaut? Or am I missing something here?

Seriously people should just refer to him as Colossonaught

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By chiq

Danger is looking like a powerhouse. She reformed right after she got obliterated by celestial powered cannon balls and turned into a giant room and slaughtered a ton of sinister clones. Not sure how you put her down. maybe hacking into her might be the only way to contain her, but she is super advanced shair tech and she hacked into shield and the secret avengers hq with ease.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#36  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Didn't they say at the begging that Thor would be doing his thing in heaven while A Vs X was going on?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By John Valentine

Without Thor, this should be a curbstomp for the X-Men.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is nothing compare with the Master of Magnetism. Magneto can take his hammer and smash it on his face...lol. I say the X-Men is a win win. Let not forget how big X-Men really are (if they truly get to gather all those mutants population) and with Prof X alive...I'll tell you if the X-Men win or not. The unfair here is that Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Wiccan, and Speed should never be on the Avengers side in the first place (I never considered them as an Avengers), but on his dad or grandpa side...lol. In fact...take them out of the Avengers and see what happen...and even with them in it...they wouldn't stand a chance. Magneto, Exodus, and Prof X can take this on solos..........wha wha.....lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.