Follow

Avengers vs. X-Men

Story arc »

Marvel Comics' 2012 event. As a repercussion from the events that took place in The Children's Crusade, Fear Itself, Schism, and X-Sanction, the Avengers and X-Men go to war over the return of the Phoenix Force.

A vs. X VS. The Technis Imperative

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

After rereading "the Technis Imperative" the other day, something occurred to me: It had some similarities to A vs. X. Am I the only one who have noticed this? Or am I wrong?

For those of you, who don't know "the Technis Imperative," here is a (almost) spoiler-free summary:

A large number of former Titans disappear, and the JLA and the Titans begin an investigations into the whereabouts of the missing heroes. But as the Titans realize that a former teammate is involved in the disappearances, they find themselves against the JLA in order to protect their old friend.

"The Technis Imperative" is a really good comic, according to my humble opinion, and it has a pretty good dilemma that set the heroes up against eats other. Should the JLA end the treat as fast as possible, or should the Titans have a chance to help there old ally and friend?

Do I have a point? Are there similarities? And witch one do you prefer?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AweSam

Not really. AvX wasn't just about Hope and the Phoenix, it was mainly about the conflict between mutants and the Avengers. The main premise being that the X-men want to use the Phoenix to make a better world for mutants and the Avengers not trusting them, as well as their general indifference towards mutant-kinds near-extinction. Rather complicated.

I obviously prefer AvX. Regardless of what people think, it's probably one of the best Marvel story arcs.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I never read it.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thespideyguy
    Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#8  Edited By Outside_85

There are some similarities, but it doesn't descend into the all out war of AvX and no one ends up dead. TI obviously didn't have the impact of AvX either, but I guess it was just written in a time when a crossover didn't mean everything had to undergo massive changes.

Plus AvX didnt have the comedy of Guy Gardner trying to take on the Moon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.