dark_noldor's Avengers vs. Pet Avengers #1 - Avengers vs. The Pet Avengers review

Assemble of the Dragons

The Pet Avengers are adorable and Chris Eliopoulos has created such an emblematic team, with so many different characteristcs, going to the grit and brave Throg to the kind and naive Ms. Lion. I don´t think it´s a hard job writing about these fantastic pet avenvers, but Eliopoulos really did a good job in his previous books and now he has done it again: by putting the Dragons as antagonists of this arc story, he opened a window to explore more things about Lockheed and brought back a difficult character to be used nowadays: Fing Fang Foom. Man, there´s something about this green dragon with purple shorts that I love, and he is not used anymore in the Marvel Universe as in the old days, so I miss him. I just think that the title name is a little misleading, because there is a reunion of the Avengers with Pet Avengers and not an allegedly fight between them. This is an "All Ages" book so I recommend it for a light reading and if you´re looking for innocent and childish jokes. I´ve been following the Pet Avengers since their first run together and I´m a big fan of Ig Guara´s art, he´s simple and in it´s simplicity resides the factor that makes him great.
4 out 5