Uncanny Avengers.

#1 Posted by acer51 (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

They arn't replacin the X-men are they? cause that would REALLY suck

#2 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

They're replacing "Uncanny X-Men" as the main title, but I don't think they are actually replacing the X-Men since there's going to be "All-New, All Different X-Men" series coming up.

#3 Posted by GillaDro (249 posts) - - Show Bio

They would never replace the X-Men

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35152 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51: it's replacing Uncanny X-Men so Marvel can use popular mutant characters but can still grub more cash under the "Avengers" trademark

#5 Posted by acer51 (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: We still have Wolverines X-men though right?

And why would they want to put it under Avengers? do they think somehow this will boost there sales? any Avengers fan will see it doesn't have there favorite characters and it will just alienate X-men fans.

So how does this somehow make more money? even though I'm more of an Avengers guy I respect the X-men and see how horrible a disgrace this is to X-men, I'm going to boycott this series if it's replacing Uncanny.

#6 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if Marvel actually realizes how much they are taking away from the X-Men to make the Avengers look good. Several major plot lines have been taked from the X-Men's past for primarily Avenger themed storys. X-Men characters were brought in to raise the popularity of Avenger themed books and now in the aftermath of Avengers vs X-Men the X-Men have all but surrendered to the Avengers. Uncanny X-Men is now canceled and Uncanny Avengers which I am fairly certain will be an Avengers book with some X-Men characters in it and All New X-Men bringing the orignial X-Men into the present when they were still teens. I am sure Uncanny Avengers will do well but like Avengers vs X-Men I wonder if it is a good idea.

#7 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@lorex said:

I don't know if Marvel actually realizes how much they are taking away from the X-Men to make the Avengers look good. Several major plot lines have been taked from the X-Men's past for primarily Avenger themed storys. X-Men characters were brought in to raise the popularity of Avenger themed books and now in the aftermath of Avengers vs X-Men the X-Men have all but surrendered to the Avengers. Uncanny X-Men is now canceled and Uncanny Avengers which I am fairly certain will be an Avengers book with some X-Men characters in it and All New X-Men bringing the orignial X-Men into the present when they were still teens. I am sure Uncanny Avengers will do well but like Avengers vs X-Men I wonder if it is a good idea.

That's what I wonder about.  I mean, how long will fans allow the Avengers and the X-Men to work together for a long period of time?  I can see the X-Men and Avengers working together temporarily, but I can't really see this as being a permanent thing since fans will want their own X-Men books back and their own Avengers books back.
#8 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rabbitearsblog said:
@lorex said:

That's what I wonder about.  I mean, how long will fans allow the Avengers and the X-Men to work together for a long period of time?  I can see the X-Men and Avengers working together temporarily, but I can't really see this as being a permanent thing since fans will want their own X-Men books back and their own Avengers books back.
It seems to me that Marvel is making decisions about their comic book lines partially based on the success of movies. If this is the case X-Men fans could be in for a long period of editorial decisions that dont favor the X-Men. As for the fans, well unfortunately the same mentality that lead to Avengers vs X-Men having strong sales despite a relatively weak product will probable make Uncanny Avangers a huge success at least in the short term. Also waiting for a fan backlash could result in you waiting for a long time for change to happen.
#9 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@lorex said:
@Rabbitearsblog said:
@lorex said:

It seems to me that Marvel is making decisions about their comic book lines partially based on the success of movies. If this is the case X-Men fans could be in for a long period of editorial decisions that dont favor the X-Men. As for the fans, well unfortunately the same mentality that lead to Avengers vs X-Men having strong sales despite a relatively weak product will probable make Uncanny Avangers a huge success at least in the short term. Also waiting for a fan backlash could result in you waiting for a long time for change to happen.
That is so true.  I wouldn't mind these changes if there was more time to develop the characters to these situations, but lately, most of the events at Marvel are too forced, so I can't really take any of these events seriously.
#10 Posted by tg1982 (2712 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really sure I like the team roster, a few of them seem to be just thrown in there for the hell of it.

#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (15101 posts) - - Show Bio

No,they aren't because there would be a X-Men title.

#12 Posted by McKlayn (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea i th@lorex said:

So true, so terrible yet so true.

Although on another note this title seems to keep getting listed as an X man title, which is meh. The Comic Con panels and even the Official Marvel website where you look up subscriptions they have it listed as an X man title so idk

#13 Posted by photowill404 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@lorex said:
@Rabbitearsblog said:
@lorex said:

That's what I wonder about. I mean, how long will fans allow the Avengers and the X-Men to work together for a long period of time? I can see the X-Men and Avengers working together temporarily, but I can't really see this as being a permanent thing since fans will want their own X-Men books back and their own Avengers books back.
That is so true. I wouldn't mind these changes if there was more time to develop the characters to these situations, but lately, most of the events at Marvel are too forced, so I can't really take any of these events seriously.

couldnt agree with you more on that last statement.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.