Is it nesscary to be completely caught up with A vs X?

#1 Posted by Mr_Colossus (93 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked up the first issue of Uncanny Avengers and I am very eager to start reading it, but not sure if I will be able to follow it and understand it given that I am behind in my reading of Avengers Vs X-men. I know it is kind of a aftermath to the crossover, but is is dependent on it in a way? If someone could help me out and let me know if reading Uncanny Avengers #1 will completely spoil and/or hinder my reading of Avengers Vs X-men. Please give me a little incite so maybe I can go ahead and read this issue.

#2 Posted by 2ndKentucky (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Finish the AvX I would say. There are some things in the Uncanny Avengers that would spoil AvX story material. Of course browsing through these forums you can get a gist of what has happened to the whole event. If you plan to continue to read AvX, I would say hold off on reading Uncanny Avengers. But reading and understanding Uncanny Avengers does not rely on you reading AvX, they go through a bit to explain what the universe is like now.

#3 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6155 posts) - - Show Bio

yea. Read the AvsX or just read it off Wiki

#4 Posted by Mr_Colossus (93 posts) - - Show Bio

@2ndKentucky: Thanks for the info, I've tried to keep myself from reading too much about AvsX so that I wouldn't spoil everything. It's hard to do, but I think I've keep myself in the dark for the most part. I'm just weird in the fact that I don't like to start a Arch unless I can start from the beginning, and i was missing a few of the earlier issues until recently. As soon as those comics arrive I will get started and work my way through the Arch. Thanks.

@MadeinBangladesh: Thanks for the input. I hope to get caught up soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.