wmwadeii's Avengers Assemble #9 - Science Bros! review

Avengers Assemble #9 Review

Cover - 3/5

Would I pick-up the comic based on the cover alone? Are the alternate covers appealing? Does the cover portray what happens in the issue?

Art - 4/5

Do I personally like this artist's style? Does the artist stay true to the characters appearance?

Color/Ink - 5/5

Does the work blend well with the artist? Is the coloring/inking enjoyable and easy to distinguish what's happening?

Layout - 5/5

Does the layout of the issue make it easy to read? Does the issue have a good flow of the plot and keep me engaged?

Story - 3/5

Weighted Triple. How well did the issue further develop the current story arc? How well did the issue further develop the characters?

Verdict - 3.7

What I think: The cover for this issue really doesn't say much. It's just another pose shot of the Avengers that are appearing in the issue (well except Captain America should be replaced with Thor). I also don't care for most of the variant issues, mainly because they are Movie tie-in covers that have zero to do with the actual comic. I like the art style, even though it at times doesn't portray everyone exactly as we have seen them before, you still know who they are. The problem I have with this issue is similar to the rest of the series, its too corny for my taste. I told that the old Guardians comics have always been like this so I figured I'd hang in there to find out. So far it seems like nothing major is happening with this arc, its just Tony and Bruce trying to one-up each other because Bruce one a Futurist award over Tony. I'll hold out for the next issue, hopefully the writing gets better or something major occurs to keep me interested.

Other reviews for Avengers Assemble #9 - Science Bros!

Even good for newbies : AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #9 0

I just finished writing a review for A+X #1 where I said there was no substance , and it leaves readers lost. This book is the complete opposite of that. Even if I did not know who the characters were , I am given an insight into their personalities , as well as relationships to one another.Add in a little humor and you have a strong book that serves its audience well as a jump on point. The story is fun , there is no building of suspense , but that just makes the final splash page all the more ...

fun... 0

For the first time in a long time I read an Avengers book that was fun and a pleasure to read. Although not gritty like the others I appreciate just going for the ride. Solid art and writing makes me excited for the next issue of a title I was going to drop until I heard about the new team....