Who are you cheering for?

#1 Posted by poisonfleur (2711 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like are favorite D-listers are on the chopping block.

Who are you hoping survives or you wanted to survive the Avengers Arena?

#2 Posted by poisonfleur (2711 posts) - - Show Bio

Nico Minrou and Chase Stein.

My Runaways! I hope they make it out alive! But-- what are the odds of both of them making it?

#3 Posted by Manbehindthewires (344 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathlocket for me!

#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Hazmat, Nico, and Chase

#5 Posted by animehunter (1518 posts) - - Show Bio

Who else but Nico & X-23

ESPECIALLY X-23

#6 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone but Dennis Hopeless.

#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

My Runaways! I hope they make it out alive! But-- what are the odds of both of them making it?

I think Chase is as good as dead. Though maybe a good twist would be for him to survive, Nico could die and come back as some kind of undead witch zombie thing.

#8 Edited by poisonfleur (2711 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys made my morning! I am loving the Nico support! I thought everyone forgot about her! Thank heavens they haven't!

@PrinceIMC said:

@poisonfleur said:

I think Chase is as good as dead. Though maybe a good twist would be for him to survive, Nico could die and come back as some kind of undead witch zombie thing.

I hear you. He really might... And if he does die, the runaways wont' have a legal guardian who is 18. It might force them into another series like young Avengers or Avengers Academy or something...

To be honest-- All my cards are for Nico. But for the sake of runaways, I gotta cheer for chase too. I do like him tho.. It's a shame he has a good chance of getting axed.

#9 Posted by Lightburst (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Laura, Nico, Chase and Darkhawk Maybe this story will get Laura back with the X-Men ugh I seriously don't want her to be an Avenger. Wolverine save your damn clone its the only child you have left OR ARE YOU GONNA KILL HER TOO?

#10 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23

#11 Posted by Sharkbite (288 posts) - - Show Bio

If there can be only one, Nico.

Looking at the source material (Battle Royale, Hunger Games) it seems pretty apparent there will be more than one survivor, and the final death will actually be the surviving kids teaming up to kill Arcade.

In that case, I'm rooting for Nico, Chase, Hazmat, Darkhawk, and possible Juston.

If I had a choice, X-23 would not survive. I enjoyed the character in the beginning, but in X-Force and then again in Avengers Academy, she just kinda spotlight hogged while being portrayed as a less interesting version of Wolverine.

#12 Posted by jhazzroucher (13953 posts) - - Show Bio

Hollow/Penance for me

#13 Posted by Cap10nate (1885 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Cammi still alive? If so, she is who I want to survive. Mostly because Annihilation is the only story that I have read that includes any of these characters.

#14 Posted by Xorion (400 posts) - - Show Bio

cammi and laura maybe a little for darkhawk too

#15 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

Nico and Chase. I'd say Darkhawk, but I honestly think the rumors about Chase becoming Darkhawk are true. I don't really see this coming down to a winner though, I think Arcades plans will unravel before that happens.

#16 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23

#17 Posted by Billy Batson (56951 posts) - - Show Bio

Arcade.
BB

#18 Posted by Mutant God (2999 posts) - - Show Bio

Juston

@Lightburst said:

Laura, Nico, Chase and Darkhawk Maybe this story will get Laura back with the X-Men ugh I seriously don't want her to be an Avenger. Wolverine save your damn clone its the only child you have left OR ARE YOU GONNA KILL HER TOO?

Actually he still has a son

#19 Posted by Mercy_ (92085 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23

#20 Posted by Saren (24346 posts) - - Show Bio

I was cheering for Hazmat and Mettle, but that went to hell in a handbasket....

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (13718 posts) - - Show Bio

Hazmat and X-23.

#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27420 posts) - - Show Bio

Who ever has the power to cancel this book

#23 Posted by Lightburst (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God: A son that will most likely never make another appearance.

#24 Posted by Mercy_ (92085 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

This answer is way better than mine.

#25 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Kid Briton
#26 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

QFT. And justice. Maybe even the American way.

#27 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15947 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

X-23

@Aiden Cross said:

X-23

@spidermonkey2099 said:

X-23

@animehunter said:

Who else but Nico & X-23

ESPECIALLY X-23

#28 Posted by Teerack (4549 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm cheering for cancellation.

#29 Posted by Xwraith (10919 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23, if only because I want to see her in the Wood/Coipel book.

#30 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

I figure my blog may be relevant to folks, as it seems a lot of us want at least one person to live, so...here.

Likewise, all you fans of X-23, I'd much appreciate it if you could post here (I'm working on a pretty decent-length essay dealing with Laura, and in particular why she's not just a boring Wolverine rip-off because I'm sick of hearing that (sorry )).

To address the topic, I quite appreciate that at least a few of us are on the same wavelength:

@akbogert said:

Everyone but Dennis Hopeless.

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Teerack said:

I'm cheering for cancellation.

Heh. Personally, I'm with the many who want X-23 to survive, but as I am planning to read Runaways and probably Avengers Academy, I figure it's also in my best interest for those kids to survive as well.

@Xwraith said:

X-23, if only because I want to see her in the Wood/Coipel book.

I still think she makes the most sense in a non-combat role (if only because I don't know if she's really fit for non-lethal combat), but I'm in support of any situation that has her in the hands of a decent writer.

#31 Edited by animehunter (1518 posts) - - Show Bio

For those, including myself, who are cheering for X-23.

Should know that issue 8 will have part of the issue focusing on her

There's no cover image yet but here's the synopsis

A new story arc begins! What are X-23’s secrets...and what is Darkhawk’s big reveal? • It’s 2 chances in 1 month to discover why iFanboy calls AVENGERS ARENA “a ton of fun” and IGN promises that “You will be convinced this series has taken the kid gloves off!”.

#32 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter said:

For those, including myself, who are cheering for X-23.

Should know that issue 8 will have part of the issue focusing on her

As I've said before, hopefully people who really are cheering for these kids to live aren't buying the book at all.

/me gets off soapbox

Man, I really hope he doesn't do something horrible with/to Laura. She's never had a break in her life, it seems. If anyone needs a story in which "the kid gloves are off," it's not her.

#33 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (713 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want Nico to survive. She was always my fave of the Runaways. I'd also like to see Darkhawk and X-23 survive.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.