What is Avengers Arena ?

#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

I never read AA and can someone please tell me what its about ?

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33395 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: It's a book about killing 10 year olds

#3 Posted by danhimself (22546 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Kid_Omega_Prime: It's a book about killing 10 year olds

Oh my.... So its like the hunger games. Well I hope theres a way they all won't die ? if i'm a beting man I would say X-23 has the best chance because she is not a throgh away person like Mimic, Major Mapleleaf, Puck or Hrimhari. By the way i was refering to both Mimic's not just the Exiles one.

#5 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: On the other hand, for a series which has primarily survived on shock value, killing a supposedly safe character would be par for the course for Arena.

But yes, in a nutshell it's Marvel Hunger Games, albeit with pre-existing loved characters instead of an all-new cast to be killed off. It remains to be seen if the book will evolve beyond that blatant cash-in homage and become something unique, worthwhile, or anything beyond heinous, or whether there's a way to keep characters alive without pissing off the book's fans (who seem primarily interested in it because of the deaths' seeming permanence).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.