How Would You React if Marvel Promised the Characters Will Be Alive at the End?

#1 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the first poll I've ever created (and frankly, I think it's stupid you can't enter any text/description when creating a poll...).

I phrased it as clearly as I could. Basically, I've been wondering (and talking with some people), and I wanted a community pulse. I'm one of those folks who hates this book because I'm afraid of characters I love being killed off indefinitely (or even for a while). Some folks loved Mettle, so they aren't even just "afraid." Plenty of people who like the book assume it's virtual reality. And some are only really in it because they see the deaths as a game-changer that makes the book more interesting than it would otherwise be.

So I'm just wondering, given the backlash and diminishing sales, if Marvel were to find some way of guaranteeing that the kids aren't really dying (I'll let you speculate on how, but presuming it could be done in the right way), how would you react?

#3 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: If I knew that they'd all come out of it alive? I'd pick up every issue. Happily.

But I'm not going to be paying to watch characters I like being killed off one by one for shock value otherwise.

#4 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

*primetime away-from-home bump*

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.