Avengers Academy - Place Your Bets

#1 Edited by Sharkbite (291 posts) - - Show Bio

I am saddened at the prospect of many of these characters dying, but as I mulled over it, I realized... Arcade will not win. The odds are incredibly stacked against him in being successful and elementing the children down to a single lone survivor. This isn't the Hunger Games; this is Marvel. We're going to see multiple survivors.

In light of that, I wanted to get everyone's predictions. I have in mind the ones I believe will live and die, but I'm afraid my own predictions are tainted with what comics I have read in the past. The more of us who make our predictions, the more clear the picture will likely be.

My personal predictions, plus the ones other people have posted, so far total the following odds:

Live vs Die

Anachronism - 0/3

Apex - 0/4

Bloodstone - 2/2

Cammi - 1/3

Darkhawk - 3/1

Deathlocket - 1/3

HazMat - 4/0

Kid Briton - 3/1

Mettle - Dead

Nico Minoru - 4/0

Nara - 0/4

Red Raven III - Dead

Reptil - 2/2

Juston Seyfort - 0/4

Juston's Sentinel - 0/4

Chase Stein - 1/3

X-23 - 4/0

Arcade - 0/2

Definately not the calls I make based on who I want to die (or live), but who I believe are the most likely choices. Chase, for example, was almost killed at the end of the last volume of Runaways. I like him alot, but it seemed as though they were ready to write him off. His survival and reuniting with the team were 90% glossed over and only briefly mentioned as they cameoed other titles (I'll bet some Runaways fans didn't even realize he was alive). Old Lace was actually killed in the last volume of Runaways, though they time traveled and brought her back in Academy. Her lack of presense here says to me that Hopeless is either unaware or uninterested in what Chase is doing in the core Runaways story. Couple that with his no powers and the final Runaways issue hinting that Gert Yorkes was back alive (to take over the Old Lace department) and even to a Runaways fan like me, things don't look promising for Chase.

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

pex - Die

Bloodstone - Live

Cammi - Die

Darkhawk - Live

Deathlocket - Live

HazMat - Live

Kid Briton - Live

Mettle - Dead

Nico Minoru - Live

Nara - Die

Red Raven III - Dead

Reptil - Live

Juston Seyfort - Die

Juston's Sentinel - Die

Chase Stein - Die

X-23 - Live

Arcade - Die

#3 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Mettle - Dead

Red Raven III - Dead

Anachronism - Die

Apex - Die

Bloodstone - Die

Cammi - Die

Chase Stein - Die

Darkhawk - Live

Death Locket - Die

Hazmat - Live

Juston Seyfort & Sentinel - Die

Kid Briton - Live

Nara - Die

Nico Minoru - Live

Reptil - Die

X-23 - Live

#4 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

Mettle - Dead

Red Raven III - Dead

Anachronism - Die

Apex - Die

Bloodstone - Die

Cammi - Live

Chase Stein - Live

Darkhawk - Die

Death Locket - Die

Hazmat - Live

Juston Seyfort & Sentinel - Dead

Kid Briton - Die

Nara - Die

Nico Minoru - Live

Reptil - Die

X-23 - Live

#5 Posted by CaptainM (8 posts) - - Show Bio

We should revive this thread!

Mettle - Dead

Red Raven III - Dead

Kid Briton - Dead

Juston Seyfert - Dead

Sentinel - Dead by issue 29 (come on people have you seen the explosion on day 29?)

Anachronism - Die (sad but true)

Apex - Die (I know I'll be really sad when she dies, I love Katy. She is like my idol)

Bloodstone - Live (that's almost a definite)

Cammi - Live (same as Cullen)

Chase Stein - Die (and give the amulet back to Chris)

Chris Powel - Live

Death Locket - Die (She is meant to die)

Hazmat - Live (Considerin she survives that flashforward)

Nara - Die (I love her but I'm expecting she dies on issue 15 after making us hate herself by trying to kill Aiden or smt)

Nico Minoru - Live

Reptil - Die (I'm really not sure about him)

X-23 - Live

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.