Who do you want to be the traitor ?

#1 Posted by MatKrenz (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been 6 issues since Avengers Academy and we are finally properly introduced to the characters.And to anybody that has read the letter colum for the second issue you would know that Christos Cage wrote that one of the students might become evil. 

Do you want it to be the nervous down to earth girl.Wich her powers are slowly killing. 

Or do you want the cold polymath that may or may not be realted to Taskmaster,that is also getting secret training by Quicksilver. 

Or the mean girl that is pissed of becuase she can't touch anyone and her powers are also killing.She is also the character I like the least so she can become evil and I wont care. 

Or the surfer dude who is like Colossus but can't turn back to normal and is the most optimistic of all the characters. 

Or the fame hungry jerk that can shoot lighting out of his hands and orchestrated with his mom the attack by Whirlwind to expose the Academy to the world. 

And lastly the new class leader who is still very sad about his parents death.

So who do want it to be ?

#2 Posted by Backflip (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be most fitting for it to be Finesse, at least, in my opinion.

#3 Posted by PumpkinBomb (486 posts) - - Show Bio
@Backflip: 
I think it won't be Finesse precisely for that reason. It's much more interesting to see such characters waver than fall.
#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Striker & Finesse are too obvious.  If you apply Agatha Christie logic (where the least likely person is the murderer) then I'd say it's Veil.

#5 Posted by KumoriKunoichi (588 posts) - - Show Bio

It's probably going to be Finesse, but it'd be interesting if someone was unintentionally, like Reptil.

#6 Edited by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Hazmat. I could see her being the evil one.

#7 Posted by Casket (308 posts) - - Show Bio

Reptil
cos everyone is thinking its not him

#8 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

Veil, her prologue was not in depth like everyone else. Finesse wants to learn, Quicksilver is teaching her all the things Magneto taught him and she has the Avengers who will teach her everything. Hazmat is too obvious and Stryker just wants fame, which the Avengers will get him. Reptil is the heart. Gonna be Veil.

#9 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2133 posts) - - Show Bio
@MatKrenz: i havent read the series so i dont know.  but i highly doubt it will be Reptil. 
#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want it to be Veil, but I can't help but suspect the least likely.   

If not her then maybe Mettle or Reptil.  Not that I want any of them to turn, because I like all their characters. 

Hazmat, Striker & Finesse are too obvious. 

#11 Posted by PumpkinBomb (486 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" Striker & Finesse are too obvious.  If you apply Agatha Christie logic (where the least likely person is the murderer) then I'd say it's Veil. "
If you apply Agatha Christie plotting, the answer is either "all of them simultaneously" or "Hank Pym".
#12 Posted by longbowhunter (7749 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly dont wanna see any of them turn heel. I'm rooting for all the kids in this book.
#13 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@PumpkinBomb said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
" Striker & Finesse are too obvious.  If you apply Agatha Christie logic (where the least likely person is the murderer) then I'd say it's Veil. "
If you apply Agatha Christie plotting, the answer is either "all of them simultaneously" or "Hank Pym". "

Nope.  She said on record that it was the least likely suspect.  That's why you often had stories where the murderer already appeared to have a solid alibi (or a partner in crime).   It's not likely that the whole student body of Avengers Acadmy will do an 'Orient Express'.

But I don't think the 'traitor' will be one of the tutors.  Pym already has been seen to 'betray' them too recently in the Secret Wars (even though it wasn't really him). 
#14 Edited by PumpkinBomb (486 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: 
I know, that was a joke about her most famous (infamous?) plot twists. I've actually read almost everything she ever wrote. 

I think my favourite is "Five Little Pigs". You?
#15 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

Reptil

#16 Posted by Jake Fury (19257 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's way too early for any of them to be turning...
#17 Edited by N7_Normandy (2411 posts) - - Show Bio

too be honest, I really like the entire team.  I'm not sure I'd like to see anyone turn. 

Unless of course Finesse and Quicksilver are going to join Magneto and start a new brotherhood of course.  Since that doesn't seem likely, I'd prefer the team to stay as is.

#18 Posted by ShadowX (1207 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it could br striker, somebody else can prmoise him fame sooner.
#19 Posted by jayskee (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

hazmat
#20 Edited by Ultimate JSA (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

Reptile, veil, or mettle, hazmat is too obvious like striker and finess

#21 Posted by PumpkinBomb (486 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ultimate JSA said:
"fitness"
Heh.
#22 Posted by Ultimate JSA (2818 posts) - - Show Bio
@PumpkinBomb:
whats the heh for
#23 Posted by PumpkinBomb (486 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ultimate JSA: 
Your Freudian slip.
#24 Posted by adamwarner42 (401 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope nobody buttttt probably the least talked about. Mettle
#25 Posted by Midnight Monk (225 posts) - - Show Bio

Too be honest I think it'll be Reptil, I think it was issue 6 that focused on him but the kid has problems that no one there is really addressing. They're almost holding him at a higher standard which is strange to say the least

#26 Posted by DH69 (4193 posts) - - Show Bio

veil has done nothing but annoy the hell out of me, i hate inferiority-complex characters with a passion and she just continues to push my buttons. if she doesnt become a traitor they should atleast comatose or pym-slap her.

#27 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I've yet to see anything about a traitor, but she keeps making such huge F-ups that Veil could be misconstrued as a traitor.

#28 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Haha, enemy through ineptitude :P
#29 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @xerox-kitty: Haha, enemy through ineptitude :P "

Yeah. 
Like when they say they're going to kill off a character, but then wipe their memories instead & say it's 'like' death :p  She's not really a traitor... she just keeps doing seriously stupid things.
#30 Posted by Black_Kn1ght (258 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally Striker and Finesse.

#31 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11724 posts) - - Show Bio

This Guy
#32 Posted by Kairan1979 (16926 posts) - - Show Bio
@GrandSymbiote94:
what do you have against him?
#33 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11724 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 said:
" @GrandSymbiote94: what do you have against him? "
nothing It's just who I think is the traitor.
#34 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't want it to be Mettle or Hazmat, but have the feeling it's going to be one of those two.
Hoping it's Striker.

#35 Posted by Namor1987 (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

I just looked at the poster for the new line-up. It featured Mettle, Hazmat, & Finesse but excluded Striker, Veil, & Reptil so my theory is one of those 3 will betray the team I think Veil
#36 Posted by Black_Kn1ght (258 posts) - - Show Bio

Finesse

#37 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio
@Namor1987 said:
I just looked at the poster for the new line-up. It featured Mettle, Hazmat, & Finesse but excluded Striker, Veil, & Reptil so my theory is one of those 3 will betray the team I think Veil
I am thinking the same. Veil is also my first pick.
#38 Posted by Namor1987 (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

All eyes are on Reptil or Striker to snap. Since Veil quit

#39 Posted by Kairan1979 (16926 posts) - - Show Bio
@Namor1987
exactly. Veil is now working for Jeremy Briggs (who is the bad guy, and everybody keeps telling her that, but Veil is ignoring it), so nothing stops her from betraying her former teammates. Especially if there is a chance to cure her condition.
#40 Posted by Namor1987 (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

What if 1 of the new recruits killed a teacher

#41 Posted by greencrapweasel (136 posts) - - Show Bio

i really like the team so i wouldnt want that to happen, but of all of them i'd pick striker because even though his power is cool and stuff sometimes he seems like a real deuche and pisses me off. I still think he's a good asset on the team so i would still not want him to have to leave it, although that would make things really interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.