Two More in Avengers Academy

• 88 results
#51 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this, why are people knocking it without giving it a chance?

#52 Posted by The Ghost Writer (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm... Of the two of these, Hazmat is the one that interests me the most. A teenage Radioactive-Man in a sense, who's decided to turn to our side. Pretty interesting stuff.
#53 Posted by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio
@DevilmanEX said:
" worst......... book......EVER......
How can it be the worst book ever if it isn't even out yet lol, could be great for all you know.

I plan on reading at least a couple issues to see what the characters are like and see if it's any good.
#54 Posted by Red_Lightning_Alpha (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Im interested but I will judge once I have read it
#55 Posted by Bats (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure how this is gonna go down.
But I'll maybe give it a read.
The characters at least don't seem over used or hyped.

#56 Posted by Green Skin (2918 posts) - - Show Bio

So Echo and Radioactive Man essentially. Lame.

#57 Posted by Ladyspider (75 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
"isn't everyone usually complaining about the lack of new characters?  well now we have a book full of them and everyone is complaining about that?  man there is no pleasing you people "

Cause these characters are made of ass
#58 Posted by Bruce Vain (1781 posts) - - Show Bio

All these new characters they're creating are gonna fail. There's nothing really appealing like the Young Avengers have.
#59 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ladyspider said:
" @danhimself said:
"isn't everyone usually complaining about the lack of new characters?  well now we have a book full of them and everyone is complaining about that?  man there is no pleasing you people "
Cause these characters are made of ass "
How? have you read a story with them in it? wait.
#60 Posted by Kid_Zombie (822 posts) - - Show Bio

these two actually dont look to bad, i like the look of them a lot actually, very classic looking.

#61 Posted by thatlad (587 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buffalo_Squeeze said:
" Whitest cast ever... "
Very good point. Given the mix of races within diferent societies in this day and age it make sense to start including different ethnicities. It seems that comic creators will only include an ethnic if they can make their race an issue, if they're not making it an issue then the character is white. What's wrong with a black character who doesn't even bring his race into his backstory/character development?? 

Still Avengers academy could be interesting but given we have no prior knowledge of these characters, the art is the whole selling point. The art so far has been underwhelming 
#62 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

I've said it before and I'll say it again... worst Avengers line up ever... this one even trumps the Great Lakes Avengers :)

So how long until they cancel Avengers Academy? I'd say, with how much pushing they are doing, 8 to 12 months tops. They'll keep it going at least that long.

#63 Edited by defaultdefaultdefault (16905 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:

" isn't everyone usually complaining about the lack of new characters?  well now we have a book full of them and everyone is complaining about that?  man there is no pleasing you people "

agreed. noting from a few threads and saying again that some people didnt read Initiative, nor
seem to know this is the same rotating concept that happened there as its just a continuation of that series, and some are under the confusion that this is a new Avengers book based on Young X-Men (? maybe forum placement?). then again the largest praise ive ever seen for a new characters in The Initiative was Johnny Guitar, Butterball, and Batwing so maybe my definition of what looks cool is different than the majorities.

added for those who dont actually know, this is a continuation of the comic Avengers The Initiative,
not a new book or a new Avengers line-up (again, wrong forum, no offense). what you see is what
you get.

Reptil is from this issue

the characters being shown are the new recruits in the series. this doesnt cover the 
former members and teachers, which is always present in the series.

simply, if you didnt like Initiative book, then of course you wont like this either since its the next
chapter of that book.
#64 Posted by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if this will feature Young Avengers as well?

#65 Posted by Blue_Shield (775 posts) - - Show Bio

So far the characters aren't really doing much for me.  I am a huge fan of Avengers: The Initiative, and the way that it used little known or used characters.  It is my hope that the will incroporate Intiative characters in with these newer ones.
#66 Posted by danhimself (22736 posts) - - Show Bio

lets remember that this will most likely feature a rotating cast of "students" so if you don't like this class then maybe the next class will be more to your suiting...I imagine that if you liked Avengers Initiative then most chances are you're going to like this book since it's the same writer

also has Beast been assigned to a team yet?  I'm betting he's going to be one of the teachers at the Avengers Academy

#67 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'll be funny if this turns out to be the Young Avengers in disguise or something.....well except Reptil since he already exists in the comics.

#68 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought there was already a Hazmat 

Dr. Keith Kilham

#69 Posted by DH69 (4193 posts) - - Show Bio

ok so far ive hated about 80% of the avenger reveals, im fine with them trying to go back to the cornball ways of the past but these rosters are just killing it for me

#70 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2133 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Dead Pool said:
" LAME!!!!!!!!!!! "
why??  i think they look cool
#71 Posted by ShadowX (1207 posts) - - Show Bio
@thatlad said:
" @Buffalo_Squeeze said:
" Whitest cast ever... "
Very good point. Given the mix of races within diferent societies in this day and age it make sense to start including different ethnicities. It seems that comic creators will only include an ethnic if they can make their race an issue, if they're not making it an issue then the character is white. What's wrong with a black character who doesn't even bring his race into his backstory/character development??  Still Avengers academy could be interesting but given we have no prior knowledge of these characters, the art is the whole selling point. The art so far has been underwhelming  "

OK how is this the whitest cast ever. 
Theres is 
Reptil- He is Hispanic/Latin 
Hazmut- She looke like she might be asian 
Fortress- A big bald RED dude eho might not even be human, and if he is we cant tell what race he is. 
So there possibly 1/2 of the cast SO FAR is not white.
#72 Posted by mattbryce2000 (1159 posts) - - Show Bio

Hazmat's suit remindsme of The lightcycles in Tron legacy
#73 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a question, legitimate. What is so amazing about the Young Avengers? They are just younger versions of classic Avengers pretty much.

Iron Lad- Iron Man
Wiccan- Scarlet Witch
Speed- Quicksilver
Patriot- Cap
Stature- The Pyms
Kate  Bishop- Hawkeye
Hulkling- Hulk

These cast looks to be more original than them. Sorry, seems not very creative with the power sets.

#74 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

They all have terrible haircuts.

#75 Posted by ModernDayCap (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, i think I'm gonna skip out on reading the Avengers Academy. I prefer the actual avengers.
#76 Posted by Sylar0 (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Man just show some real avengers not this stupid avengers academy. We want real heroes.

#77 Edited by DEADPOOL (2639 posts) - - Show Bio

They look pretty good.

@crimsonspider89

said:

" I have a question, legitimate. What is so amazing about the Young Avengers? They are just younger versions of classic Avengers pretty much.  Iron Lad- Iron Man Wiccan- Scarlet Witch Speed- Quicksilver Patriot- Cap Stature- The Pyms Kate  Bishop- Hawkeye Hulkling- Hulk  These cast looks to be more original than them. Sorry, seems not very creative with the power sets. "

Well Wiccan started out as a Thor-wannabe when he was calling himself Asgadian, then became a Scarlet Witch sub. But maybe your question is the answer? I personally get a kick out of things that are the same but different, a new take on familiar things.
#78 Posted by FrischDVH (627 posts) - - Show Bio

Finesse could be that Hawkeye girl from Young Avengers....in theory anyway.

#79 Posted by FrischDVH (627 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEADPOOL: Its like taking a character concept and giving it a twist for a new generation of readers. No one will accept a new Thor Hulk or Captain America, but they will ok Patriot, Hulkling, and Thunderstrike. The reason I liked it was that they used exisisting mythos to create the new heroes.
#80 Edited by DEADPOOL (2639 posts) - - Show Bio
@FrischDVH said:

" @DEADPOOL: Its like taking a character concept and giving it a twist for a new generation of readers. No one will accept a new Thor Hulk or Captain America, but they will ok Patriot, Hulkling, and Thunderstrike. The reason I liked it was that they used exisisting mythos to create the new heroes. "

Yeah. I'm just glad their names weren't corny like DC's young superheroes often are (although "Iron Lad" sounds like a DC name, "Hulkling" sounds tolerable, and "Speed" lacks creativity).
#81 Posted by CylonDorado (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's a decent concept.

#82 Posted by Charmix (11838 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't there another one, like another female, because theres 3 male and 3 female.

#83 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

Im a bit hesitant about this run or characters.  Could be interesting but I don't know. 

#84 Posted by Charmix (11838 posts) - - Show Bio

Something tells me its going to be like a Xavier Institute ;P

#85 Posted by Saint-of-Arrakis (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Hazmat reminds me of Solara from Marvel Nemesis.
What a minute, there is also an Imperfect called Hazmat!
I guess the Imperfects aren't cannon.

#86 Posted by The Sharp Dressed Lady (285 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind them, so far, and won't until we see any developments for them. Let's see what they have to offer, first.   

@Buffalo_Squeeze is a poser. Probably a brit, asian or one of the eurasians or their sympathizer offspring. America is the WRONG place for you guys, or didn't you get the memo? Don't troll our sites, and we won't come troll yours. That's entertainment, monkeypants.

#87 Posted by White Mage (18751 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
"Did Wasp have any kids? "
Congrats Nobody........................................although I am quite jealous
#88 Posted by Vance Astro (91548 posts) - - Show Bio

Mockingbird & Radioactive Man Jr....Next.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.