New Student?

Posted by Black_Kn1ght (270 posts) - - Show Bio
 Avengers Academy 14.1
Christos Gage announced in Avengers Academy 21 their will have team students joining the team. I wonder if the oldest students will make stay on the team as Avengers or move on after learning how to control their powers. And will this series be more similar to X-Men.
#1 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Black_Kn1ght: I believe most of them will end up low grade criminals.
#2 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

Only one kid is leaving post Fear Itself.  New kids could be new characters or Spider-Girl and X-23 for all we know.

#3 Posted by JediXMan (30345 posts) - - Show Bio
@utotheg38 said:
@Black_Kn1ght: I believe most of them will end up low grade criminals.
I see everyone except maybe Reptil going down this route. 

@Cafeterialoca said:
Only one kid is leaving post Fear Itself.  New kids could be new characters or Spider-Girl and X-23 for all we know.
X-23 wouldn't belong there. She's already trained and she is already older than them.
#4 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: X-23 was experimented on just like the other kids.  Maybe it'll be a way to help her feel more human.
#5 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca: Nah, That chicks wrecked she's not coming back. lol
#6 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@utotheg38: I hope so.  She would steal so much spotlight from the other cast members.
#7 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca: Yeah, I could see spider girl going there though.
#8 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@utotheg38: I kinda hope she does.  She's been great in her two appearances in the book so far.
#9 Posted by JediXMan (30345 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca said:
@JediXMan: X-23 was experimented on just like the other kids.  Maybe it'll be a way to help her feel more human.
Yeah, but it's still different. Plus, she tried the team thing. Doubt she'd do it again. Now she's going more or less solo - well, she has Gambit, but....
#10 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: Actually, X-23 is on a team in upcoming Fear Itself: Homefront issues.  She'll be with Spider-Girl, Power Man, Thunderstrike and Amedous Cho!
#11 Posted by JediXMan (30345 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca said:
@JediXMan: Actually, X-23 is on a team in upcoming Fear Itself: Homefront issues.  She'll be with Spider-Girl, Power Man, Thunderstrike and Amedous Cho!
..... this irritates me.
#12 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: Really?  I think it's a good potential team up.  I mean, one of the big things I want to happen now is teen teams to meet one another.
#13 Posted by JediXMan (30345 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca said:
@JediXMan: Really?  I think it's a good potential team up.  I mean, one of the big things I want to happen now is teen teams to meet one another.
I still think that X-23 needs to - how shall I put it? - grow up.
#14 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: I agree.  She's been mopey and annoying.  But what's to say teaming up with others won't help her get over herself?  Let's face it, her "Woe is me" is not going to be helped if she's by herself.
#15 Posted by JediXMan (30345 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca said:
@JediXMan: I agree.  She's been mopey and annoying.  But what's to say teaming up with others won't help her get over herself?  Let's face it, her "Woe is me" is not going to be helped if she's by herself.
I still want her back with the NYX crew.
#16 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: I hate how they made her abandon ALL her supporting cast.  Even the new X-Men!  What I hate is Laura is becoming Deadpool, wanders around to just hang out with other more popular characters and leaves before any relationship can form.  Honestly, if they want a long lasting characters, GIVE THEM SUPPORTING CASTS!
#17 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: BTW, the cover for the team.
Fear Itself: The Home Front #6
#18 Posted by Loki9876 (3005 posts) - - Show Bio

I love avengers academy I hope it stays good

#19 Posted by MatKrenz (1233 posts) - - Show Bio

Im thinking that Stryker will leave the team, he just seems like the type to do so.
#20 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Christos Gage often uses his Twitter to ask fans questions. The other day he asked which characters we'd like to see as new students... ;)

#21 Posted by MetallicMercury (82 posts) - - Show Bio

She may not, but apparently Marvel think differently.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.