Get psyched for Avengers Academy!

• 81 results
#51 Posted by Halle Romanova (500 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca: Sold :)

#52 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio
Amazing Spider-Man 662

@Halle Romanova:

#53 Posted by Atomic_Punk (103 posts) - - Show Bio

I just started reading them as a Fear Itself tie-in and was really drawn into these characters. Definitely gonna go back and collect the TPBs and put it on my weekly pull list.

#54 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Atomic_Punk: The 1st volume is available in both HC and TPB. The 2nd Volume is only in HC at the moment but the TPB is coming out either December or early January.

I'm glad you like it!

#55 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

@lykopis: Glad you're on board! I will tell you that the earlier issues are weaker than what the series becomes, as it's laying out the groundwork for the 6 main cast members and leaves them with their flaws first. But it becomes much better once the introductions are out of the way by issue 6. Also, yeah, the earlier issues suffer from some pop culture references, but they drop that after a while.

But welcome on board! (And it was 21 onwards, which comes out Wed.)

Thanks so much - I will prepare myself, and thanks for the background information and clarification. :)

#56 Edited by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio
Determined

@lykopis: No problem! Just giving you the heads up! (Also, Hazmat will start as one of your most hated characters to become your favorite. You'll see!)

#57 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

So I am guessing that this White Tiger is not Angela Del Toro. Unless she gets a new costume but I thought she was older.

#58 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

Determined

@lykopis: No problem! Just giving you the heads up! (Also, Hazmat will start as one of your most hated characters to become your favorite. You'll see!)

haha, Okay, good to know! I'll be back here once I finish reading them! :)

#59 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duchess said:

There's gonna be an upcoming Avengers Academy vs Jean Grey's School for Higher Learning, excited for that.

OMG. You have made my day!

@lykopis said:

I just read through this thread, I have to say - you convinced me to go out tomorrow and pick up this book. I will go back to #1 (although you all are saying #20 onwards is good enough), but just wanted to let you know - great job in exposing this team's virtues. Better be as good as you all say! :)

I absolutely love it O.O It grows on you, and the characters become VERY personal over time...

@Cafeterialoca said:

Determined

SOOOOOO TRUE. I hated at first, but now she is my favourite on the team :)

#60 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24: New character, same legacy.

@lykopis: Can't wait!

@Hawkeye446: She really has grown on a lot of people.

#61 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

looks good i have been looking for new comics to get into

#62 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@luckydomino1: More then ever, try it this Wed. It is a new beginning!

#63 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca: You know what? I'm going to take your advice. I love your enthusiasm, your articulated passion for the characters and their potential... bravo, way to make a sales pitch. I'll try it out, I hope I like it!

#64 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheOptimist: Thanks! I hope you do like it!

(He actually was a meme on 4chan!)

#65 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

since im so hyped for this comic i read some backstories on some of the characters and veil was the one that troubled me will she ever receive a cure for whats happening to her is hank working on it

#66 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll get psyched when they change the name back to Avengers Initiative and bring back the graduated members.

#67 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@luckydomino1: It is unsure. She isn't dying anymore like she was at the start of the series, but she will become ghost like if not stopped. She quit the Academy last issue and joined Jeremy Brigs, the Alchemist and possible villain who might be able to cure her. Again, it's uncertain.

Also, the Academy was too much for her when she took lives during a fight in Fear Itself.

#68 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Sorry. But the Initiative ended with Fear Itself. Though Butterball and Batwing are joining again, what's not to say more Initiative folk won't come back down the line?

#69 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

after reading the whole thread and also reading some wiki stuff not only am i gonna buy the new ones ones but im gonna get the oldones the avengers academy vs jean grey school was the was the final key to locking up my decision

#70 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@luckydomino1: HA HA! I'm glad you're excited! Again, the series starts a bit weak, but it becomes a lot better the more it progresses.

#71 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca: really funny haha i thought he was related to redskull some how before this

#72 Posted by Telcalipoca (957 posts) - - Show Bio

son i see dino boy quit.sad

#73 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Telcalipoca: He didn't. He is still in the book. Veil quit.

@luckydomino1: Yep. That's why he made that joke cause many people did think that.

#74 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

what is the price for avengers academy

#75 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@luckydomino1: $2.99. Like every comic.

Also, the early reviews say good things.

#76 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca: gonna start collecting either tomorrow or on friday

#77 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@luckydomino1: Hope you enjoy it!

#78 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

i running a little short on cash i can only get half the series i may get the recent releases first then buy the old ones also is their a disscusion thread for this

#79 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@luckydomino1: Oh, don't blow all your cash if you can't afford it! There are trades out, but if you can't afford it, I don't want to force you into anything. Just try the issue tomorrow. Also, if you go on the Comic Book Resources forum on the Avengers Academy threads, you're VERY likely to come across the writer Christos Gage and talk directly to him about this book!

#80 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

im just gonna read up too seven in the store then but the rest and still have cash left over

#81 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@luckydomino1: Alright. Whatever works for you.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.