Rated A?

ForbushBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By ForbushBug

So I find "Avengers Academy" to be a halfway decent book.  Not the greatest but I'm a Gage fan so I snag it. After reading the third issue I noticed that its rated A by Marvel. Now an A rating means ages nine and up. It's one step above All Ages and before Teens and Up. Now in this issue we had a sixteen year old Hazmat about to have sex with her boyfriend, Valkyrie talking phalluses, Speedball self-mutilating, and various creepy inmate talk. I'm no prude, I'm a big fan of "The Boys" after all, but I really don't see how Crossbones telling a minor that he has a girlfriend her age is the sort of thing a nine year old should be reading. Meanwhile the latest "Secret Avengers" is rated Teens and Up but other than a few bodies of people that happened to drop dead, it's pretty tame. This isn't the first time I've finished a book and wondered what whoever makes the call was thinking. Does Marvel assign ratings based on what they think the book should be targeted for and not actually pay attention to content? Or is it random? If the ratings are supposed to help parents decide what books their kids can read, it would be helpful if they were a bit more accurate.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.