digimod's Avengers Academy #1 - Permanent Record, Part 1 review

A Boring Start

Nothing impresses me here.  This first issue feels like the first 10 minutes of a movie, after the opening action scene.  We just meet the characters, are introduced to some drama between the members and then it's over. That's it.  The only action is in the training room.  I do appreciate good writing in comic books - but it's still about super powered heroes, in my opinion the first issue should be at least 50% action and we should be introduced to some villain or disaster - even if it is for a team in training.  Some of the characters are interesting and I like the choices for trainers.  If nothing happens by issue #2 - which I'm about to read - this series will not find it's way onto my pull list.

Other reviews for Avengers Academy #1 - Permanent Record, Part 1

The Police- oops, I mean the Avengers Academy review 0

Another Avengers Comic, with alot of promising hype. I knew I was going to end up getting mad at this comic when they mentioned an introduction of a character that displayed autism or spectrum disorder, I knew they were going to get their resources all jacked up and only from a movie, two movies infact.  One complaint was having heavy powered individuals on the team that limits them using their powers during the training excersise, but its amazing that its a complaint because the end of this co...

Not Young Avengers but has potential 0

With the start of the Heroic Age, it seems that Marvel has realized that it has been lacking in the young superhero teams. While “Young Allies” pulled from their stable of existing characters, “Avengers Academy” took a different approach by introducing five new super-powered kids.Penned by Christos Gage (Avengers: The Initiative), the first issue of “Avengers Academy” is told from the viewpoint of Maddy “Veil” Berry, a girl who can turn into a gaseous state. Her internal monologue gives a...