jake_fury's Avengers #25 - Carve A Hole ... Climb Inside review

Avengers x 2.....

The Good:

This book plays off some of the happenings in New Avengers in a roundabout way. If you've been following that book then you're familiar with the incursions into other universes and how the Illuminati have been handling them. We get a taste of that here as an alternate group of Avengers is brought to our Earth by AIM. They aren't quite the friendly group of heroes we're accustomed to and there's one moment that got a good chuckle out of me.

There's an air of mystery as the fate of one of the alternate Avengers comes to a tragic conclusion. SHIELD is on site to investigate and our Earth's Avengers are primary suspects in this inter-dimensional murder mystery.

The art is by Salvador Larocca and it is very good. He's got a unique style all his own and he does a good job with this issue. His faces can be a bit funny at times but his work is always solid.

The Bad:

Marvel (and Hickman) are sure getting their mileage out of the AIM organization these days. They seem to be popping up in quite a few of the Avengers books and I hope we get a bit more diversity villain wise down the road. So far they've been pretty compelling antagonists for the Avengers I just don't want to see them overused.

The Score:

Hickman has the Avengers titles rolling these days. It seems like everything is tying together in some way and I can't wait to see how it all plays out. There's a definite link with the New Avengers title here and I'm hoping the the Illuminati's actions are brought to the forefront very soon.

4/5