tobenracicot's Avengers #24 - .NOW Rogue Planet Part 1 review

Rogue Planet is off to a good start.

I love everything that Hickman has done at Marvel. The scope and scale of the stories and the world building he does always makes me excited for the ride I am in for.

After ending Infinity and setting up for another story this issue feels like a nice break but with still enough action and suspense to make the read worth it. I was neither bored nor overly nervous about what was going on.

I am familiar with the cast and had no issue identifying who everyone was. I don't understand why people would have a problem knowing who is who because there is a team roster in the front pages. I may not know the backstory to every single character that Hickman uses, such as Sunspot or Cannonball, but I can understand it all enough to keep reading. And if someone really has a problem with it, look it up on Comicvine!

The story that Hickman is setting up is going to be big. Hickman is always setting up big stories. It excites me to keep reading. The team that he has set up is great. The characters are cool. I love Hickman's Thor. A true God.

The only thing that really bugs me, pun intended, is his Superior Spider-Man. It isn't as good as Slotts.

All in all though it was a great read. And a must read to understand what is coming up for The Avengers in 2014.

Toben S Racicot