Follow

Autobots

Team » Autobots appears in 1555 issues.

The Autobots, led by Optimus Prime, are a benevolent race of living machines. They are the protagonists of the hit cartoon and comic book, The Transformers. They always fight the evil Decepticons to prevent them from taking over the Universe.

Transformers is AWESOME!!! (May contain spoilers!)

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92
    deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I love that movie!! I was afraid they weren't going to have much action. I was thinking it might be kinda like Unbreakable, where they show a TINY bit of action close to the end, and then leave it open for a sequel. Nope, they had PLENTY of action, and transforming. There is a LOT of hysterical comedy to it. Very beautiful female lead. Plenty of fighting and transforming action from both sides, and humans, (not that humans did much to them - lol) I may have missed a few things. Has anyone seen it yet?

thunder man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By thunder man

I haven't, but I won't miis it.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I read a review that said that the action was great, but the story was written by someone with IQ=0. Also something about product placement.

Not sure if i'm gonna see it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure what is meant by product placement, but I loved the action. I liked the story because it introduced why the autobots are at war with the decepticons. It explained how the decepticons came to oppose others. And it explains how they came to Earth. I HAVE to see it at least once more before it leaves the theatres, and the DAY it comes out on DVD, she's mine!!

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Something about alien robots transforming into GM cars. Which is very wrong if its true.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

There was definitely product placement (and not just cars) but that's to be expected. It didn't feel like it was forced down my throat though. I thought it was good, but then again, I'm easily entertained. I was worried that humans would be the focus more than the robots, and while that did happen (humans got more screen time and human/robot interaction didn't happen much outside of the autobots talking to the kids), the humans weren't horrible so I didn't mind.
    Post Edited:2007-07-03 13:00:30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, I only remember one or two vehicle with the GMC logo. Like Buxkshot said, they don't shove it down your throat. I barely noticed at all. One was a camaro, there was starscream and Megatron, who are obviously not GMC. There was a little metallic gray sportscar, a Mercedes I think?

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By DEADPOOL

THIS IS THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER BLOODY MADE!!!!!

Sure, I didn't like that the Decepticons were pretty scarce through the movie, never played the Transformers theme, and for some reason made Megatron unnecessarily hostile towards humans... but still AWESOME!!!

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Post Deleted.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell

DEADPOOL says:

"THIS IS THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER BLOODY MADE!!!!! Sure, I didn't like that the Decepticons were pretty scarce through the movie, never played the Transformers theme, and for some reason made Megatron unnecessarily hostile towards humans... but still AWESOME!!! "

Come on.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Darkchild

i cant wait to see it although im gonna see Die Hard first

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Deathshroud

i went after work tonight and saw it and i thought it was awesome .its really floods back the memories at the same time the cgi was inspiring for someone who soon is going to start going to school for graphic design etc. i know alot of people had a problem with the one liners and stuff of that nature . but i really loved them. i really like the humor in the movie but i do think at some points that they were taking too much time on comedy parts .but all around i love it, and i am so buying it as soon as it comes out on dvd.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NiteFly

I just got home. It was really good. My expectations were medium, and it blew me away.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Phorqe

It was pretty good. The product placement is acceptable due to the sheer cost of the film. The plot wasn't that bad and there was tons of laughs. Sometimes it dragged on a little bit but all in all it was an amazing cinematic feat. It did get corny when Megatron and OP were talking smack to each other, but still very entertaining with some great cameos.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zero edge

I could watch them transform all day long.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Phorqe says:

"It did get corny when Megatron and OP were talking smack to each other."

If the transformers had done some more talking before that, that wouldn't have been so bad.

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
    The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Mighty Thor

i love that movie it is the best movie

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Phorqe

Buckshot says:

"Phorqe says:
    "It did get corny when Megatron and OP were talking smack to each other."

If the transformers had done some more talking before that, that wouldn't have been so bad."

Yeah, it seemed really out of place. That movie was hilarious though, "Are you LadiesMan217?"

And the girl who played Michaela was SMOKIN!

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The Mighty Thor

o yeah remember when that medical guy came and said this seems to wnat to mate with young female and she was hot

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DEADPOOL

I know Megatron and Starscream are going to reurn, I hope to see Barricade and Scorponok. I also really liked Blackout, I hope he comes back. I have mixed feelings over Bonecrusher and Brawl (Devastator in the movie, but that was an error). I would like to see them again, but they aren't all that important... maybe because their appearance were so brief.

I also understand that CGI is very expensive and the roster on both teams should be limited, however I also understand that the budgets for sequels should be much larger. Not only that, but since the world and the Transformers have allied together, they should be able to focus more on the Transformers and less on humans (other than Spike and Mikaela.)

As for Transformers that I'd to see appear in TF2...

Autobots:

Arcee

Dinobot or Grimlock (Grimlock would make more sense, but Dinobot's so cool!)

Rodimus

Decepticons:

Thundercracker

Shockwave

Soundwave

Good choices, I think. Who do you guys want to see?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Autobots

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Decepticons

Gambler says:

"DEADPOOL says:
    "THIS IS THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER BLOODY MADE!!!!! Sure, I didn't like that the Decepticons were pretty scarce through the movie, never played the Transformers theme, and for some reason made Megatron unnecessarily hostile towards humans... but still AWESOME!!! "

Come on."

What?

Post Edited:2007-07-04 16:21:05

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Phorqe says:

"That movie was hilarious though, "Are you LadiesMan217?" And the girl who played Michaela was SMOKIN!"

Right on both counts.

DEADPOOL says:

"Not only that, but since the world and the Transformers have allied together, they should be able to focus more on the Transformers and less on humans (other than Spike and Mikaela.) As for Transformers that I'd to see appear in TF2... Autobots:
    Arcee
    Rodimus Decepticons:
    Thundercracker
    Shockwave
    Soundwave Good choices, I think. Who do you guys want to see? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Autobotshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Decepticons "

Yeah, the kids should be the only humans of any importance. I think Dinobot would be cool and I'm sure they could work him being a dinosaur into it somehow. Scorponok made sense the way they used him so I'm sure they could figure something out for Dinobot.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The Mighty Thor

my fav in the movie was bumblebee

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Phorqe

Why wasn't this in the flick?

Blue Nighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Blue Nighty

im not even an transformer fan and i liked it alot

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vrakmul

DEADPOOL says:

"I know Megatron and Starscream are going to reurn, I hope to see Barricade and Scorponok. I also really liked Blackout, I hope he comes back. I have mixed feelings over Bonecrusher and Brawl (Devastator in the movie, but that was an error). I would like to see them again, but they aren't all that important... maybe because their appearance were so brief.
    I also understand that CGI is very expensive and the roster on both teams should be limited, however I also understand that the budgets for sequels should be much larger. Not only that, but since the world and the Transformers have allied together, they should be able to focus more on the Transformers and less on humans (other than Spike and Mikaela.) As for Transformers that I'd to see appear in TF2... Autobots:
    Arcee
    Rodimus Decepticons:
    Thundercracker
    Shockwave
    Soundwave Good choices, I think. Who do you guys want to see? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Autobotshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Decepticons Gambler says:
    "DEADPOOL says:
    Come on."
    What?
    Post Edited:2007-07-04 16:21:05"

Shockwave is now called Shockblast due to copyright reasons.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sync

as a really true transformer fan, i didnt like it over all, they already made a great transformer the movie cartoon, but when all know that some people need more....

the cgi was ok, but the way they change the plots up blew

overall i gave it c+

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By speed

i gave it a plus plus

the plot was perfect

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.