Follow

Autobots

Team » Autobots appears in 1555 issues.

The Autobots, led by Optimus Prime, are a benevolent race of living machines. They are the protagonists of the hit cartoon and comic book, The Transformers. They always fight the evil Decepticons to prevent them from taking over the Universe.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Superbowl Teaser

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MrDirector786

Here's a new teaser that came out. So what do you all think of it? I find it interesting to see how the new battlefield is going to be in cities. It was actually stated by Bay himself that this time war would take place in cities like Chicago instead of Middle Eastern deserts and I posted that interview in another thread if anyone wants to read it.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

Watch. In T4 they'll cover the entire alien invasion up. :p 

Yeah, I'm still not over that...

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrDirector786
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " Watch. In T4 they'll cover the entire alien invasion up. :p   Yeah, I'm still not over that... "
    There isn't going to be a fourth movie. Bay said this will be the last installment in the series.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @MrDirector786 said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " Watch. In T4 they'll cover the entire alien invasion up. :p   Yeah, I'm still not over that... "
    There isn't going to be a fourth movie. Bay said this will be the last installment in the series. "
    I know. It was a joke.
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrDirector786
    @Edamame said:
    " Looks like they are raising the stakes.  What ship is launching missiles at the buildings at 0:15? Probably one of Shockwave's subordinates.  I also wonder who that scorpion like creature is at 0:16.  Looks like Optimus Prime is going to go sword-crazy. I can see Shockwave and Megatron ganging up on him. "
    I think the ship is the Nemesis, the Decepticons' flagship. Not sure who that is at 0:16 but that winged creature at 0:19 was probably Ratbat who is one of Soundwave's cassettes.
    I personally hope Shockwave will be based more off of his comic book version than his animated version. It's funny how much they contrast. In the shows, Shockwave is one of Megatron's most loyal minions and in the comics, he's pretty much just like Starscream trying to overthrow Megatron only he's more successful because every time he tries to overthrow Megatron, he's actually successful and Megatron is actually forced to plan for days to get his power back.
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrDirector786
    @Edamame: 
    Shockwave is powerful. In the original Marvel comics, Megatron once surprise attacked him in an attempt to take him down and take back his place as Decepticon Leader and Shockwave still completely owned him and only spared him because he thought he would be more useful to him alive. And in the current IDW series, Shockwave took down all the Dinobots by himself in Transformers: Spotlight Shockwave. He should be powerful in this movie. I also hope they get his original voice actor, Corey Burton, to do his voice.
    Soundwave actually had more lines than that, but still he had overall maybe 3 or 4 lines last I checked. I'm glad he's voiced by Frank Welker and all but I want to see more of him.
    I think there's a chance Hot Rod could appear based off of some photos released for the film. Apparently, the Stunticon Decepticon combiner team will appear in this movie as well according to those photos. I wonder if they'll become Menasor. I hope they don't do some stupid sexual joke with him like they did with Devastator though. That was one of the few things I didn't like with Revenge of the Fallen.
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrDirector786
    @Edamame: 
    I'd say he's the most powerful non-combiner/amped up Decepticon. Because all the combiners like Devastator, Bruticus, Menasor, and Monstructor are all more powerful. Sixshot is also more powerful but even though he's not a combiner, he was built by Megatron to be incredibly powerful. And then there's also Thunderwing who in the IDW comics turned Cybertron into a lifeless shell and was stopped by the combined efforts of the Autobots and Decepticons, but he heavily amped himself up. I think a fight with Prime would be pretty cool. I wonder if Optimus will be able to take him on his own though. If he's going to be as powerful as his comics incarnations, Prime may not stand a chance in a fight on his own.
    Yeah, that was just stupid with Devastator. I don't know what he was thinking. The adult humor was okay in the movie, but I felt that some of it was just plain stupid. Hopefully if Menasor appears, they won't do anything stupid like that. Bay did say in a recent interview that he's realized some of the problems with the second movie so he probably won't do anything like that if Menasor appears.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By danhimself

looked awesome...hopefully we'll see a longer trailer soon

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrDirector786
    @Edamame said:
    " @MrDirector786 said:
    " @Edamame:  I'd say he's the most powerful non-combiner/amped up Decepticon. Because all the combiners like Devastator, Bruticus, Menasor, and Monstructor are all more powerful. Sixshot is also more powerful but even though he's not a combiner, he was built by Megatron to be incredibly powerful. And then there's also Thunderwing who in the IDW comics turned Cybertron into a lifeless shell and was stopped by the combined efforts of the Autobots and Decepticons, but he heavily amped himself up. I think a fight with Prime would be pretty cool. I wonder if Optimus will be able to take him on his own though. If he's going to be as powerful as his comics incarnations, Prime may not stand a chance in a fight on his own. Yeah, that was just stupid with Devastator. I don't know what he was thinking. The adult humor was okay in the movie, but I felt that some of it was just plain stupid. Hopefully if Menasor appears, they won't do anything stupid like that. Bay did say in a recent interview that he's realized some of the problems with the second movie so he probably won't do anything like that if Menasor appears. "
    That is true.  I forgot about the combiners.  There is also Thundercracker. I would like to see him.  He is one of those jet Transformers.   Yeah. That will make it more interesting though. To see Optimus Prime really struggle. I hope I didn't sound to sadistic there. LOL I also wonder how Megatron is going to fix himself up. I mean, Optimus ripped his whole right arm off and heavily damaged his face. "
    Thundercracker actually appears in the comics based off of the movies.  He pretty much looks like Starscream only blue and there are some other differences like he looks spikier and he doesn't have his wings in the same position as Starscream. He also had a different alt form.
    Seeing Optimus struggle would be a good thing. I thought it was actually cool how they killed him in the second movie but it was stupid to just bring him back at the end. Megatron will fix himself up for sure. I've heard from different sources that TFs have self-repair systems and in the first movie they said that they are made of some self-regenerating metal. Transformers as far as I know are somewhat techno-organic. He may also find some way to repair himself faster.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By danhimself
    @MrDirector786 said:

" @Edamame said:

" @MrDirector786 said:
    " @Edamame:  I'd say he's the most powerful non-combiner/amped up Decepticon. Because all the combiners like Devastator, Bruticus, Menasor, and Monstructor are all more powerful. Sixshot is also more powerful but even though he's not a combiner, he was built by Megatron to be incredibly powerful. And then there's also Thunderwing who in the IDW comics turned Cybertron into a lifeless shell and was stopped by the combined efforts of the Autobots and Decepticons, but he heavily amped himself up. I think a fight with Prime would be pretty cool. I wonder if Optimus will be able to take him on his own though. If he's going to be as powerful as his comics incarnations, Prime may not stand a chance in a fight on his own. Yeah, that was just stupid with Devastator. I don't know what he was thinking. The adult humor was okay in the movie, but I felt that some of it was just plain stupid. Hopefully if Menasor appears, they won't do anything stupid like that. Bay did say in a recent interview that he's realized some of the problems with the second movie so he probably won't do anything like that if Menasor appears. "
    That is true.  I forgot about the combiners.  There is also Thundercracker. I would like to see him.  He is one of those jet Transformers.   Yeah. That will make it more interesting though. To see Optimus Prime really struggle. I hope I didn't sound to sadistic there. LOL I also wonder how Megatron is going to fix himself up. I mean, Optimus ripped his whole right arm off and heavily damaged his face. "
    Thundercracker actually appears in the comics based off of the movies.  He pretty much looks like Starscream only blue and there are some other differences like he looks spikier and he doesn't have his wings in the same position as Starscream. He also had a different alt form. Seeing Optimus struggle would be a good thing. I thought it was actually cool how they killed him in the second movie but it was stupid to just bring him back at the end. Megatron will fix himself up for sure. I've heard from different sources that TFs have self-repair systems and in the first movie they said that they are made of some self-regenerating metal. Transformers as far as I know are somewhat techno-organic. He may also find some way to repair himself faster. "
     I don't think he really fixes himself that much since the toys appear to have him wearing something of a cloak to hide his disfigurement  

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#16  Edited By The Impersonator

I just wish that Micheal Bay stop making these terrible movies. Micheal just spoiled my childhood days of my favorite animated show. I watched the first transformers movie and it wasn't that good. It did have good action and story though. But the acting was horrible. I couldn't stand it even when Megan Fox was around. I heard the second one was the worst. 

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrDirector786
    @danhimself: Interesting. I didn't know about that.

@Edamame said:
    " @MrDirector786: Yeah.  Well, I wonder if The Fallen is truly dead. "

I'm pretty sure the Fallen is dead. He got his spark ripped out.

@The Impersonator said:
    " I just wish that Micheal Bay stop making these terrible movies. Micheal just spoiled my childhood days of my favorite animated show. I watched the first transformers movie and it wasn't that good. It did have good action and story though. But the acting was horrible. I couldn't stand it even when Megan Fox was around. I heard the second one was the worst.  "

The second one was way better than the first if you ask me.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#18  Edited By xerox_kitty

The first film concluded with a battle scene in the city :p 

The new girl just looks like Megan Fox bleached her hair.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrDirector786
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " The first film concluded with a battle scene in the city :p  The new girl just looks like Megan Fox bleached her hair. "
    I've also heard that the new girl - Rosie Huntington-Whitely - has even less acting experience than Megan Fox which scares me. I was hoping her replacement would be someone who could actually act and instead it's someone who has even less acting experience. I just hope she won't have too many parts.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By danhimself
    @MrDirector786 said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    " The first film concluded with a battle scene in the city :p  The new girl just looks like Megan Fox bleached her hair. "
    I've also heard that the new girl - Rosie Huntington-Whitely - has even less acting experience than Megan Fox which scares me. I was hoping her replacement would be someone who could actually act and instead it's someone who has even less acting experience. I just hope she won't have too many parts. "
    experience isn't everything....she could be a decent actor
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Caligula
    @MrDirector786 said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    I've also heard that the new girl - Rosie Huntington-Whitely - has even less acting experience than Megan Fox which scares me. I was hoping her replacement would be someone who could actually act and instead it's someone who has even less acting experience. I just hope she won't have too many parts. "
    who says she isn't a good actor?... because you don't know her you think she is a bad actress. your logic makes no sense.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Shadowdoggy

and also....does it matter if the girl replacing Megan Fox can act all that well? 
    I mean, how hard did Megan have to act in the last two, really? 
    casting agent: "can you scream?" 
    "yes" 
    "can you run?" 
    "yep" 
    "Do you look hot when you're sweaty and bloody?" 
    "oh yeah" 
    "gentlemen, I think we have our new female lead."
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#23  Edited By xerox_kitty

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.