Follow

Autobots

Team » Autobots appears in 1554 issues.

The Autobots, led by Optimus Prime, are a benevolent race of living machines. They are the protagonists of the hit cartoon and comic book, The Transformers. They always fight the evil Decepticons to prevent them from taking over the Universe.

Next Transformers Series will be called "Transformers: Prime"

• 110 results
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MrDirector786
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

I was probably one of the few adults that really enjoyed Transformers: Animated

I wonder what this new series will be about

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MrDirector786
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

I'm not sure how I feel about that look

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123

Looks like its taking after the movie..... blah....
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

interesting. i never got to try out the Transformers: Animated,
    strange as that is since im a huge TF fan. thanks for getting this early
    information up Mr.D.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Primmaster64

hmmm.I miss Hotshot.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrDirector786
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " interesting. i never got to try out the Transformers: Animated, strange as that is since im a huge TF fan. thanks for getting this early information up Mr.D. "
    You're welcome. Also, Animated was pretty good if you ask me.
    MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MKF30

I honestly support this idea!! It looks sick, sounds interesting from what I gather and honestly HATED the anime-ish/odd style of Transformers:Animated....besides, god knows it's been a while since we've seen a 3D looking Transformers....it's funny, just this week I lent my friend Beast Wars and was watching Beast Machines myself few weeks ago lol. 

I have both series. Now, if only I can get Transformers:RID....and I need to get Transformers:Cybertron. 

Nice update btw, director. Thanks :) I find this interesting.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrDirector786
    @MKF30 said:
    "

I honestly support this idea!! It looks sick, sounds interesting from what I gather and honestly HATED the anime-ish/odd style of Transformers:Animated....besides, god knows it's been a while since we've seen a 3D looking Transformers....it's funny, just this week I lent my friend Beast Wars and was watching Beast Machines myself few weeks ago lol. 

I have both series. Now, if only I can get Transformers:RID....and I need to get Transformers:Cybertron. 

Nice update btw, director. Thanks :) I find this interesting.

"
    You're welcome. : )
    Also, Animated isn't that bad once you get past the drawing style. My favorite thing about it was that it drew a lot from other series and had its own traits to add. There was Blackarachnia and Waspinator for Beast Wars fans, some G1 references, and Michael Bay movie references.
    MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MKF30

lol, yeah maybe you're right. The drawing style when I first saw it was ehh, the voice acting, storyline is spot on though.(including some of the BW voice actors like David Kaye playing Optimus(ironically, he was trying out for that role in Beast Wars but went with Garry Chalk instead and he got Megatron's voice) I'm sure you know this since I have a feeling you're a big Transformer fan given your posts and avys lol. 

But I did see Blackarachnia in there, Waspinator I didn't see though. Have to check it out. Do you know if he had the same voice? Scott McNeil is awesome lol but thanks.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrDirector786

Not sure if it was the same voice, but Waspinator appears later in the series. I just wish he had more appearances.

Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mr. Smiths

Hope its better then the movies.
    MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MKF30

Yeah I hear ya, hey director...isn't BlackArachnia bad in that series though? I know in BW, she was originally a Maximal protoform, then re-programmed by Tyranturas, then eventually saw the light of her true Maximal self+Silverbolt's guidance and love... 

The story is a little different though right with BA in Transformers:Animated?

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh man, you guys are talking Beast Wars. im smiling right now.
    that show was a legend.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MKF30

Yeah, that show was epic indeed! So many cool characters. Dinobot, Rattrap, Primal, Megatron, Black Arachnia. List is endless.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know a few people that arent even childhood TF fans that relish that show for its writing.
    and i got to agree with them, just for a television show period the writing was really good
    in its day.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrDirector786

Yeah, in Animated, Blackarachnia is bad. Her origin in it was that she used to be an Autobot named Elita-1, and one day, she, Optimus Prime, and Sentinal Prime were exploring a forbidden planet and although Optimus said they shouldn't be there, Sentinal wanted to continue exploring, and eventually they found a crash-landed Decepticon ship and went inside and were attacked by giant spider creatures. Sentinal and Optimus managed to escape, but Elita-1 wasn't so lucky. The other two thought she had died, but it turned out that she had somehow been mutated into a half-organic half-machine being and she carried a grudge against the Autobots for having abandoned her and letting her become a freak.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrDirector786: 
    they had her be an incarnation of G1 Primes girlfriend?
    that is pretty silly.
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MrDirector786

Beast Wars was the best series if you ask me. Megatron from that show was my favorite.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrDirector786: 
    quality wise i agree. even tough its less so, with the possible exception being the animated movie
    G1 is still my favorite, but only in that its closer to my heart since i grew up on it and even the related
    Marvel comics series. but as far as how well done the series were Beast Wars for sure. better writing, better acting (voice), better animation.
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrDirector786

G1 was awesome too. I just felt it was really repetitive for the most part. Almost every episode was "Decepticons have new plan to steal energon. Autobots attack and fail. They regroup and then later on attack the Decepticons again and this time are victorious. Then there's a happy ending." I'm not saying it was bad, just that at times it felt as though I was watching the same thing again and again.

However, I do love the G1 comic series a lot. It's probably my favorite kind of Transformers series anywhere. I wish IDW would make more Beast Wars comics, though.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By Lantern Prime
    @MrDirector786 said:
    "G1 was awesome too. I just felt it was really repetitive for the most part. Almost every episode was "Decepticons have new plan to steal energon. Autobots attack and fail. They regroup and then later on attack the Decepticons again and this time are victorious. Then there's a happy ending." I'm not saying it was bad, just that at times it felt as though I was watching the same thing again and again.  However, I do love the G1 comic series a lot. It's probably my favorite kind of Transformers series anywhere. I wish IDW would make more Beast Wars comics, though."

G1 Cartoons: Started it all and is the best memories event though I started watching em in 2002 as a 11 yr old.... 

G1 Comics (Marvel, DW, and IDW) :  Best Transformers stories.... 

Beast Wars (Comics or Cartoon): Second Best 

Armada: 3rd best 

Everyother version is no good. the Bayformers aren't even Transformers so that doesn't count to me.....  

I need to get Tranformers #4 on going next week....

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MKF30
     Ohh, lantern prime what's up man? you didn't like the movies? Awee, lol I enjoyed them but my biggest beef was (aside from some storyline differences) the whole Megatron looking like a organic monster...I don't get why they couldn't have just made him look more "robotish" like the huge gun he was originally..I mean optimus they did spot on more or less or as best I think. Megatron looked wayy different then any cartoon version IMO...but to each his own man. I love Transformers as well!

@MrDirector786
    said:
    "Yeah, in Animated, Blackarachnia is bad. Her origin in it was that she used to be an Autobot named Elita-1, and one day, she, Optimus Prime, and Sentinal Prime were exploring a forbidden planet and although Optimus said they shouldn't be there, Sentinal wanted to continue exploring, and eventually they found a crash-landed Decepticon ship and went inside and were attacked by giant spider creatures. Sentinal and Optimus managed to escape, but Elita-1 wasn't so lucky. The other two thought she had died, but it turned out that she had somehow been mutated into a half-organic half-machine being and she carried a grudge against the Autobots for having abandoned her and letting her become a freak. " 

Ohh, thanks for that explaination lol. That sure covers it up, interesting...I knew it was a different storyline but I missed too much of that show. Yeah, I agree...I think it's interesting but the BW version being re-programmed by Tarantulas then her finding her way with Silverbolt's guidance/love was better to finding her true maximal self... 

I noticed in some of these series, they bring back the same characters and make predacons into decepticons or autobots maximals or maximals into autobots...lol 

BTW, dude I soo agree...David Kaye's Megatron turned a lot of heads....his megatron is IMO more sinister, definitely more evil IMO then original since he wanted "every" spark in BM saga...lol, more cunning, scheming and very smart. 

The classic Megatron Decepticon, Frank Welker's Megatron sounded more machine like, chaotic and "out there" lol...also smart in his own way, but I think his decendant Megatron(Kaye's) was more careful and handled things better with prep time IMO. 

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrDirector786

Beast Wars Megatron was the best in my opinion. I also really liked Megatron from Transformers: Animated. G1 Megatron would probably be second or third favorite. Movie Megatron was okay, but I think he could have been done better. Still, I enjoyed the movies as well.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MKF30

I would have loved for David Kaye to voice Megatron in the movies....or even if Welker did it. Not saying Hugo's was "bad" it wasn't, I just think one of the voices like Cullen's Optimus from the shows would have been even more epic.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MrDirector786

Welker was the voice for Soundwave in Revenge of the Fallen. He just didn't have the vocoder.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MKF30

Soundwave? I have to watch it again lol. I honestly forgot what he sounded like in the film. Cool.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MrDirector786

Welker voices Megatron in the movie games, though. There's also an episode of G1 where I think they didn't use the vocoder because Welker sounded just like he did in Revenge of the Fallen. I loved how many technical errors the G1 show had. One time, they forgot Optimus Prime's faceplate.

No Caption Provided
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrDirector786: 
    lol. i wouldnt know where to start with G1 mistakes. there was also the boobage incident of course. 
    the G1 comic by Marvel somehow ended up with the same problem, so much so that they ended up making a contest where the reader would go through prior issues and find all of the mistakes in it.
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MrDirector786
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " @MrDirector786:  lol. i wouldnt know where to start with G1 mistakes. there was also the boobage incident of course.  the G1 comic by Marvel somehow ended up with the same problem, so much so that they ended up making a contest where the reader would go through prior issues and find all of the mistakes in it. "
    lol. How could they somehow make similar mistakes in the comics? That is pretty funny though.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrDirector786: i know right, but there it was. either the art was screwed up, character was the wrong color, wrong name wrong alignment, ect. maybe it was a TF curse caused by those heat-rub-sticker reprolabels....

No Caption Provided

actually i think its a TF universal constant. remember the toys also had a bunch of mistakes as 
    well (Red Bumblebee, Yellow Cliffjumper for example).
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MrDirector786

Yeah. The Soundwave cassettes, Rumble and Frenzy, had their colors mixed up too. Though I think the show is the one that screwed it up. I heard Frenzy was supposed to be blue and Rumble was supposed to be black and red.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrDirector786: 
    lol. so in a weird way the live-action movies were actually being accurate to the series by having so many screw-ups.
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MrDirector786
    @CATMANEXE: lol. Yeah, that is funny.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you know though, and i just dont get why we're still waiting for it...
    where the hell is the animated GIJOE Vs Transformers movie already?!!

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MrDirector786

Yeah. They need to make a GI Joe vs Transformers movie, whether animated or live-action if you ask me. As much as Iike GI Joe though, 
    Transformers > GI Joe any day. :P

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By Satyrquaze

It's going to be weird hearing Weyoun's voice out of Ratchet's mouth...
    MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MKF30

I agree lol, Transformers>>G.I. Joe lol but I do like Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, IMO the coolest characters in GI Joe series

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MrDirector786

I love how this thread pretty much turned from being a thread about the new upcoming Transformers show to being a thread about anything Transformers related, period. Not that I'm complaining. I enjoy getting to discuss this much about Transformers.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MKF30

lol, sorry....of course something like Transformers would do that. Now, where GI Joe came from you got me lol... 

Transformers is hard to talk about just one series given the franchises history. I enjoy most of them, but more certainly more then others. I look forward to this new show and who the voices will be :)

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MrDirector786

I got the GI Joe thing because CATMANEXE said that we shouldn't be waiting any longer for an animated Transformers vs GI Joe movie.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Superparody

so is Superboy Prime going to be in Transformers Prime as a guest appearence? 

lol 

Prime smash! and smash and smash then kill and kill until dead.
    Prime smash! and smash and smash then kill and kill until dead.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Superparody: 
    LAME!!!! troll it up in the bajillion Superboy Prime threads.

edit: needs more cowbell

" Hello? Old Over-Used Cliche Police? I'd like to report a crime in progress. "
    Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Superparody
    @CATMANEXE said:
    "@Superparody:  LAME!!!! troll it up in the bajillion Superboy Prime threads.  edit: needs more cowbell  " Hello? Old Over-Used Cliche Police? I'd like to report a crime in progress. " "

awww that was mean...I just wanted to say somthing witty....now you are making me cry...*sniff...*sniff
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MrDirector786
    @Superparody: lol
    MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MKF30
    @MrDirector786 said:
    "I got the GI Joe thing because CATMANEXE said that we shouldn't be waiting any longer for an animated Transformers vs GI Joe movie. "

lol, I didn't even know there was one in the works.
    glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By glforthewin
    @MrDirector786: agreed. my mom loved that series for some reason
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MrDirector786
    @MKF30 said:
    " @MrDirector786 said:
    "I got the GI Joe thing because CATMANEXE said that we shouldn't be waiting any longer for an animated Transformers vs GI Joe movie. "
    lol, I didn't even know there was one in the works. "
    Truth be told, I didn't even know there was one being made either. But I agree there should be one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.