Follow

Autobots

Team » Autobots appears in 1554 issues.

The Autobots, led by Optimus Prime, are a benevolent race of living machines. They are the protagonists of the hit cartoon and comic book, The Transformers. They always fight the evil Decepticons to prevent them from taking over the Universe.

Jack Reynor cast in Transformers 4

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MrDirector786
    I just hired a great new actor for Transformers 4 to star against Mark Wahlberg. Jack Reynor, he is an Irish kid that came to America with 30 bucks in his pocket. Pretty ballsy. Seriously who does that? Anyway I spotted him in a great little Irish movie WHAT RICHARD DID. This kid is the real deal.
    Transformers 4, is not a reboot. That word has been floating around on the net.
    This movie takes place exactly 4 years after the war in Chicago. The story makes a very natural transition, and reason as to why we have a whole new cast. This Transformers will feel very different then the last three. We are embarking on a new trilogy.
    Michael

http://michaelbay.com/2013/01/08/jack-reynor/

The thing that caught my eye most about this is that the fourth movie isn't going to be a reboot after all. Interested to see what they're going to do with this movie because I really didn't see what they could do after the end of the Dark of the Moon.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MrDirector786

More info about Reynor's role in the movie.

It was recently confirmed that Irish actor Jack Reynor (What Richard Did) would star opposite Mark Wahlberg (Broken City) in Michael Bay's fourth Transformers film, which the director calls the start of a new trilogy in the multi-billion dollar franchise. Speaking with BANG Showbiz at the London Critics Circle Film Awards, Reynor confirms that he is bulking up for Transformers 4. "I'm training very intensely at the moment. I'm going to keep that up until we shoot. I'm going to do some different courses, some different things I need to pick up for the film. My character seems to be a race car driver so I'm going to be doing a couple of driving courses and getting out on the track." He also briefly comments on his audition process and how he nabbed the coveted role. "It was after a film I was doing, 'The Delivery Man', with Dreamworks. I went through quite a rigorous audition process out in L.A., and after a certain amount of auditions and meetings with different executives, I managed to pull it off."
    Concerning Wahlberg, Reynor says that he hasn't met him yet, but he's excited. "I haven't met him before, but I'm really excited. He's one of my favourite actors. I just think he's brilliant. I have a huge amount of respect for him as an actor so I can't wait to get on set with him." He also has this to say about director Michael Bay. "I think Michael Bay has his ideas about it and I'm going to go along with him. He seems to know what he's doing."
    With production commencing this May, Transformers 4 is set to hit theaters June 27th, 2014.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=72978

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.