Factions?

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so I haven't read anything Transformers in a LONG time (although I just got Autocracy #1 earlier and shall read it later) but what I was wondering is could any of the well versed Transformers fans tell me if there is any major factions other that Autobots and Decepticons? I mean surely there are transformers that fight for neither Prime or Megatron/Galvatron? and also what does there emblem look like?

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
There were numerous neutral Tranformers that wished to have no part in the great War, but they had no official designation - that was the point of being neutral. However, a notable third "faction" was the Circle of Light.  Drift shuned his Decepticon ideology and trained under them before joining the Autobots.
#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
There were numerous neutral Tranformers that wished to have no part in the great War, but they had no official designation - that was the point of being neutral. However, a notable third "faction" was the Circle of Light.  Drift shuned his Decepticon ideology and trained under them before joining the Autobots.
Thanks for the reply. Did the Circle of Light have an emblem, ya know, like the Autobot and Decepticon faces?  
#5 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87: Not that I can recall, but I will double-check the issues and get back to you if I find anything.
#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
@spiderbat87: Not that I can recall, but I will double-check the issues and get back to you if I find anything.
cool, thanks
#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
btw would you be able to tell me what's a good starting place for someone new to IDW's Transformers? 
#8 Posted by MrDirector786 (43511 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@Morpheus_ said:
btw would you be able to tell me what's a good starting place for someone new to IDW's Transformers?

IDW has been releasing trades of all their issues in chronological order. They are pretty expensive, though. I think volume 1 is $50, but the remaining volumes are I think $30. Afterwards, begins the volumes of the ongoing series which includes "For All Mankind", "International Incident", "Revenge of the Decepticons", "Chaos Theory" and recently the Chaos story finished up. There have also been other series which tie into the mainstream series like Last Stand of the Wreckers, Heart of Darkness, Ironhide's mini, and Bumblebee's mini. All these stories I have mentioned are in trade format (well except for maybe Chaos since it was only finished last month).

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
Is that a no then?
#10 Posted by HammerTron (602 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: In Transformers: Armada there was a third faction called the Mini-Cons. Their symbol was an M inside a diamond with hollow circles at each point.

#11 Posted by MrDirector786 (43511 posts) - - Show Bio

In IDW publishing, Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge are not aligned with either side. Just pointing that out.

There is also the followers of Unicron. This is the emblem I think they use.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.