Would you be upset if Marvel killed-off Aunt May?

Posted by Justize (328 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I wouldn't

#1 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

no, she's old, and for the sake of realism and good story she should.
I think it'd bring even more character to Spidey.

#2 Posted by dancingphlower (84 posts) - - Show Bio

She really needs to bite the bullet. I hate her.

#3 Posted by jloneblackheart (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

depends on how she dies. i'm fine with old age taking her.

#4 Posted by King Saturn (223733 posts) - - Show Bio
Hell No
#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91068 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been waiting for this b#tch to die since '96.

#6 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

If she keeps this up her heart could give out...
#7 Posted by #1ElderScrollsFan (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes
#8 Posted by sora_thekey (8150 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be good story-wise for her to die in the hands of her new husband....
#9 Posted by LightBright (4297 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. Technically she should be dead, so I wouldn't feel bad if she kicked the bucket.

Besides, Uncle Ben's death helped Peter turn into a hero so one can only image what would happen if May died...

...oh wait, that's right. Deals are made with Mephisto to completely screw continuity. Forgot about that. -_-

#10 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

If spider-man went back to normal Yeah

#11 Posted by Lyrad (369 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
"depends on how she dies. i'm fine with old age taking her. "

This, I agree with. If she died of old age, I'd be content with that, because that is how she deserves to die. 

But the answer to the question of would I be upset??   If she was killed, yeah.  F**K all you guys that say you hate her and wish she was dead. I don't care. A real Spider-Man fan would be upset.  May is the reason Peter is who he is. He owes everthing to her.EVERYTHING!  He learned responsibilty from Uncle Ben, but he learned respect for human life from aunt May. She taught him how to be a good person and always do the right thing. Doing the right thing at all times is what makes Spider-man different from all heroes. Spider-Man gave up the love of his lfe for his Aunt May. She means more to him than his own life. A real Spider-man fan would be very upset and I dread the day Marvel finally end her life.  

And no one will be able to change my view on this subject.  Bottom line is, if it wasn't for May, Spider-Man wouldn't be Spider-Man. (I don't mean litterally,  I know she had nothing to do with him being bit by the spider)  
#12 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

i wouldnt care. but i wouldnt want it done just for a shocker plot point.
she is more of an established character than that and deserves better treatment.

#13 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lyrad said:
" @jloneblackheart said:
This, I agree with. If she died of old age, I'd be content with that, because that is how she deserves to die.   But the answer to the question of would I be upset??   If she was killed, yeah.  F**K all you guys that say you hate her and wish she was dead. I don't care. A real Spider-Man fan would be upset.  May is the reason Peter is who he is. He owes everthing to her.EVERYTHING!  He learned responsibilty from Uncle Ben, but he learned respect for human life from aunt May. She taught him how to be a good person and always do the right thing. Doing the right thing at all times is what makes Spider-man different from all heroes. Spider-Man gave up the love of his lfe for his Aunt May. She means more to him than his own life. A real Spider-man fan would be very upset and I dread the day Marvel finally end her life.   And no one will be able to change my view on this subject.  Bottom line is, if it wasn't for May, Spider-Man wouldn't be Spider-Man. (I don't mean litterally,  I know she had nothing to do with him being bit by the spider)   "
Agreed.
#14 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

After seeing spider-man give up his happy marriage for that old sack of bones, no I wouldn't be and would in fact think parker deserved it. 

#15 Posted by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody:

Ah seriously Nobody, that picture is SCARY!!! Worse than when she was Galactus herald.
#16 Posted by War Killer (19867 posts) - - Show Bio

No, the poor woman's been through enough, let her go and be with Uncle Ben already

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91068 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lyrad said:
" @jloneblackheart said:
This, I agree with. If she died of old age, I'd be content with that, because that is how she deserves to die.   But the answer to the question of would I be upset??   If she was killed, yeah.  F**K all you guys that say you hate her and wish she was dead. I don't care. A real Spider-Man fan would be upset.  May is the reason Peter is who he is. He owes everthing to her.EVERYTHING!  He learned responsibilty from Uncle Ben, but he learned respect for human life from aunt May. She taught him how to be a good person and always do the right thing. Doing the right thing at all times is what makes Spider-man different from all heroes. Spider-Man gave up the love of his lfe for his Aunt May. She means more to him than his own life. A real Spider-man fan would be very upset and I dread the day Marvel finally end her life.   And no one will be able to change my view on this subject.  Bottom line is, if it wasn't for May, Spider-Man wouldn't be Spider-Man. (I don't mean litterally,  I know she had nothing to do with him being bit by the spider)   "
You're going overboard.Aunt May is a worthless character.Spider-Man doesn't need her and he never did.In fact is emotion toward Aunt May is the worst thing about Spider-Man and the reason some people don't like him.When she almost died in One More Day Peter was being a crybaby.Nobody wants to see him act like that for the millionth time something has happened to Aunt May because he's Spider-Man and someone found out.It's way overdone.It's like that whole symbiote thing.It was cool the first time..now I almost wish they never created symbiotes.
#18 Posted by Justize (328 posts) - - Show Bio
@Giuseppe Riccadonna: what? is there a picture of that?
#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91068 posts) - - Show Bio
@Justize said:
" @Giuseppe Riccadonna: what? is there a picture of that? "

#20 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
It's like that whole symbiote thing.It was cool the first time..now I almost wish they never created symbiotes. "
amen. they over killed that idea and then some.
#21 Posted by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Lyrad said:
" @jloneblackheart said:
You're going overboard.Aunt May is a worthless character.Spider-Man doesn't need her and he never did.In fact is emotion toward Aunt May is the worst thing about Spider-Man and the reason some people don't like him.When she almost died in One More Day Peter was being a crybaby.Nobody wants to see him act like that for the millionth time something has happened to Aunt May because he's Spider-Man and someone found out.It's way overdone.It's like that whole symbiote thing.It was cool the first time..now I almost wish they never created symbiotes. "

Actually, Killing Aunt May, made Spider-man the Ultimate Badass. He was kicking everyone's asses to find Fisk. He threw a truck through the building at a normal human sniper head. Than he wooped down Fisk in front of the entire criminal community... Plus, I like the symbiotes.
#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91068 posts) - - Show Bio
@Giuseppe Riccadonna said:
Actually, Killing Aunt May, made Spider-man the Ultimate Badass. He was kicking everyone's asses to find Fisk. He threw a truck through the building at a normal human sniper head. Than he wooped down Fisk in front of the entire criminal community... Plus, I like the symbiotes. "
Kicking the asses of people you already beaten time and time again...isn't badass.Also,kicking people's asses and then going to cry is lame too.
#23 Posted by Justize (328 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: awesome!!
#24 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio

she should pass on in her sleep .then sider man should get mj back. an if the whiney teenagers cant relate to sipder man married marvel is poling the wrong demografic (lord my spelling is horible tonight ) .i used to collect spiderman an now its not even on the maybe list.
#25 Posted by NovaHulk (137 posts) - - Show Bio

peter needs to grow up and deal with it if aunt may "died"...

#26 Edited by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
@Marshal Victory said:

" she should pass on in her sleep .then sider man should get mj back. an if the whiney teenagers cant relate to sipder man married marvel is poling the wrong demografic (lord my spelling is horible tonight ) .i used to collect spiderman an now its not even on the maybe list. "

Nah, she should go the way of dead beached whales and be exploded in a glorious fire-ball of gratuitous explosiveness. 
#27 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5408 posts) - - Show Bio
@Marshal Victory said:
"she should pass on in her sleep .then sider man should get mj back. an if the whiney teenagers cant relate to sipder man married marvel is poling the wrong demografic (lord my spelling is horible tonight ) .i used to collect spiderman an now its not even on the maybe list. "

agree 

@NovaHulk said:
"peter needs to grow up and deal with it if aunt may "died"... "
again, agree.  If Archie can grow up and ask Veronica to marry him, Peter should be able to get over Aunt May ;- D
#28 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

she needs to die immediately
#29 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

im still pissed off at one more day, is that a good enough answer?
#30 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

alright, gimme the shotgun. ill do it.

#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91068 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" she needs to die immediately "
And it needs to be evil.She has to get tackled by Rhino or half eaten by Venom or Doc Ock should rip her in half.Something with blood.Nobody is going to give a sh#t if she dies in her sleep.This is comics damnit.Sugercoated deaths are a waste of paper.
#32 Posted by joshmightbe (24469 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
when you have to through losing some one that important to you it isnt weakness to care and belittling that emotion makes you an a$$ hole
#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91068 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @Vance Astro: when you have to through losing some one that important to you it isnt weakness to care and belittling that emotion makes you an a$$ hole "
What are you even talking about?
#34 Posted by joshmightbe (24469 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
you basically said he had no right to be up set that the woman who raised him was dying
#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91068 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @Vance Astro: you basically said he had no right to be up set that the woman who raised him was dying "
You basically just misinterpreted my post because I didn't imply anything of the sort.My point was that as long as Aunt May is alive there is a chance something will happen to her and Spider-Man will be doing this random outburst crying,temper tantrum crap.This is why so many people b#tched about One More Day.Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man was going around throwing fits between Cap's death and Aunt May getting shot...I couldn't stand Peter.I'm not saying that he shouldn't have been sad over Aunt May..I'm saying I don't want a whole story arc built around it.
#36 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69 said:
" im still pissed off at one more day, is that a good enough answer? "
Back in black was the last spider-man story I read. Now I just read Ultimate Spider-man instead.
#37 Posted by ulrich200 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Her and JJJ Same Accident ,Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#38 Posted by Kenjav (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no... her death in One More Day could have been defining for Peter, and his relation with MJ. Going away in such a mundane place, in a swift, violent act... that would have been a sad but really meaningful moment in the history of Spider-man. Hell, real consequences, about him giving up his identity. But no, they went all deus-ex-machina, and now we have what I think is an awful episode, this Brand New Day thing...  which for me has come to be something as dreaded as the Clone Saga. I mean, they were up for something great, and just wussed out and went for the worst possible path.

And.. hell, I think its just terrible. I simply stopped reading after a couple of issues of Brand New Day. 

So, no. Her death then would have been meaningful, now its just... bleh....

#39 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't miss her at all.  She had a purpose and that was raising Peter.  She's outlived her usefulness especially in relation to her impact on plots.  I woul be so happy i they retconned onemore day back, killed her and let Peter go back to what he was.  The choice of Aunt May over evrything else in his life, especially considering that she's what 95 years old was so disappointing to me.   She hadn't really served a purpose in years.  It would have been better if she had died when their house burned down and Peter made a point of being an even better hero (practically impossible) because he couldn't save her.  Still a little emo, but better for everyone overall.
#40 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" she needs to die immediately "
And it needs to be evil.She has to get tackled by Rhino or half eaten by Venom or Doc Ock should rip her in half.Something with blood.Nobody is going to give a sh#t if she dies in her sleep.This is comics damnit.Sugercoated deaths are a waste of paper. "

even if it's just a gunshot to the back of the head make it brutal looking, hell just toss the old lady off the bridge!
#41 Posted by Omega-Mekix (594 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" i wouldnt care. but i wouldnt want it done just for a shocker plot point. she is more of an established character than that and deserves better treatment. "
I agree that if they do kill Aunt May it has to be done right. If she dies in a horrible way it could make Peter have a breakdown but if she dies in a heroic (couldn't find a better word) setting it may actually allow 
Spiderman to become an even greater hero.
#42 Posted by The Psyentist (16362 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't be mad. I'd be fine to see her die of old age. (That sounds weird to say aloud...)

#43 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@NovaHulk said:
" peter needs to grow up and deal with it if aunt may "died"... "

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.