Why is Aunt May still Alive?

#1 Posted by Husk45 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok here is my question. I herd in Spider-Man #500 Aunt May final died. But when I read Civil War she is still alive. So dose the civil war take place in a differnt universe or is there someting im missing pleace help. Thank You.

#2 Posted by Stormultt (5227 posts) - - Show Bio
@Husk45 said:
"Ok here is my question. I herd in Spider-Man #500 Aunt May final died. But when I read Civil War she is still alive. So dose the civil war take place in a differnt universe or is there someting im missing pleace help. Thank You. "

because marvel is saving her for a 5 issue limited series called "golden girls" just starring aunt may...thats why..-_-
#3 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stormultt said:
" @Husk45 said:
"Ok here is my question. I herd in Spider-Man #500 Aunt May final died. But when I read Civil War she is still alive. So dose the civil war take place in a differnt universe or is there someting im missing pleace help. Thank You. "
because marvel is saving her for a 5 issue limited series called "golden girls" just starring aunt may...thats why..-_- "
No it is because she is awesome

And your avatar will never happen =P
#4 Posted by Stormultt (5227 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus:
It will because it's destiny!
#5 Posted by burr787 (2422 posts) - - Show Bio

because someone has to defeat Galactus
#6 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@burr787: LOL.       %Pr
#7 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Husk45: Aunt May

I think they want to keep her as a constant on the series.... which is why they keep bringing her back!
#8 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

They really should have killed her off in Back in Black.

#9 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@Girth: Aunt May is immortal though.       %Pr
#10 Posted by King Saturn (225198 posts) - - Show Bio
Aunt May is a God... 
#11 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn: lol %Pr
#12 Posted by ~Mystery~ (291 posts) - - Show Bio

sentimental reasons?

#13 Posted by Bio Guyver (6855 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel just loves her. As long as they keep her alive, there will always be a story to tell of how Peter must always protect her, or something around the lines.

#14 Posted by Argentino_18 (934 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a teory about why Aunt May dont die..... 

She is the phoenix force! 

She revives as much as an X-men and she always is lucky and dont get killed by supervillians, but it isnt luck, is sheer cosmic power
#15 Posted by RavagingHamster (816 posts) - - Show Bio

<<.>>
#16 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@burr787 said:
"
 because someone has to defeat Galactus
"
That's years of therapy down the drain... wow, no wonder my selective memory had made me forget that :p 

@Husk45: Because as 'fans', we hate change.  We want things to remain as close to the way we remember things, therefore characters who die will find a way to either be resurrected, or 'not dead' in the first place.  Just like how characters either come back from the dead (ie Necrosha) or retconnect so they never died (i.e Mockingbird).  Even though she isn't a 'super', Aunt May is a staple grounding influence in Spider-Man's life & therefore couldn't stay dead.  Shame really.  Marvel needs to let a few characters stay dead.
#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio

Aunt May is one of the most worthless Marvel characters.They really need to let Spider-Man move on with his life.

#18 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio

Because we need characters like Aunt May, Aunt Petunia, The Kents, an so on. They create a hold a hold of humanity on characters they just make books better I do not know how to explain it.

#19 Posted by umbrafeline (5217 posts) - - Show Bio

because aunt may is all that and a whole potato crop and shes incredibly sexy lol
#20 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@umbrafeline: LOL?         %Pr
#21 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

people love reading about wrinkly old prudes

#22 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phorqe: LMAO.           %Pr
#23 Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

Because I gave her happy pills          %Pr

#24 Posted by burr787 (2422 posts) - - Show Bio
@RavagingHamster said:
"
<<.>> "

#25 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@burr787: LOL.        %Pr
#26 Posted by Omega-level Supreme (1159 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"Aunt May is one of the most worthless Marvel characters.They really need to let Spider-Man move on with his life. "

Vance is so mean, so so mean... lol
#27 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

She's like Kenny from South Park. YOU JUST DON'T QUESTION HOW SHE'S ALIVE.

#28 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

#29 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega-level Supreme said:
"@Vance Astro said:
"Aunt May is one of the most worthless Marvel characters.They really need to let Spider-Man move on with his life. "
Vance is so mean, so so mean... lol "

He speaks the truth.
#30 Edited by CATMANEXE--defunct (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

because she's secretly a Mephisto worshiper of the highest order and destined to be one of
his high ranking generals in the new world order. she has actually been alive as long as Selene,
and tutored such characters as Agatha Harkness (now a rival of Mays) and Cynthia Von Doom.
her power is so vast that when Death tried coming for her, she simply scolded it and that alone
caused Death to crumble into a whimpering gerbil.

#31 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

Die dam  it  !!! I hate BND

#32 Posted by G Bird (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Aunt May get raped and killed by Venom, I hate her lol!

#33 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio

because then her and uncle ben would be together again and toaa won't have that
#34 Posted by joshmightbe (24773 posts) - - Show Bio

because joe q is a big baby who wants things the way they were when he started reading spider man

#35 Posted by GraphicCasualFreak (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Aunt May is really a Super Skrull...  Think about it....

#36 Posted by Rowen545 (378 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:  I completely agree. When 'big events' happen its hard to take them all seriously because anything that changes as a result of them will simply be undone in a few years or less.
#37 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Aunt May is one of the most worthless Marvel characters.They really need to let Spider-Man move on with his life. "
Speaks the truth
#38 Posted by joshmightbe (24773 posts) - - Show Bio

one more day made spider mans unmasking a pointless grab for attention 

#39 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio

Because she is awesome? :P

#40 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio

They tried to kill her off before and it didn't work.    
So, they brought her back.  Just like every time they try to change Spider-Man's costume it is changed back.  

I'd like to see a Scarlet Spider ongoing series. 

#41 Posted by alphamale73 (69 posts) - - Show Bio

So none of you 4ucks knows the real answer??

#42 Posted by tupiaz (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

They tried to kill her off before and it didn't work.

So, they brought her back. Just like every time they try to change Spider-Man's costume it is changed back.

I'd like to see a Scarlet Spider ongoing series.

Happy know?

#43 Posted by Night Thrasher (3709 posts) - - Show Bio

J.M DeMatties killed her in ASM #400 and I think they should've kept her dead then. They brought her back after the clone saga and she's been back ever since. She was dying in OMD but...forget it! I hate OMD and I hate having to even mention that story even exists!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.